August ADR's

Never tried EoS on DDP, looked at prices and thought I would pay that OOP, lunch at WPE I would never pay for, everytime we ate there it was $60-70 for 3 of us.

EoS salads are a tad larger than those at other Disney restaurants and they really load the toppings (tuna/chicken or whatever you pick) along with the cheeses etc. You pay over $7.50 for a salad anywhere else, so although it may not look like value on the DDP, to me it is purely because of what you get. However I do see your point - if you have no probs using your credits, this would be the place to pay OOP. HOwever for those of us who struggle to get through them, it is better to use it than to lose it. :goodvibes

Oh, actually we did pay OOP for salads there a couple of times last year but that was because we really didn't want desserts and had just had juices.

I also agree about WPE - really nice but OOP, no way is it worth those prices.

Just booked the last one :cool1: im glad thats done with!!

So thats 21 days of onsite food, a couple we tried last year and a few new ones. Roll on August :thumbsup2

I really like your choices burt! :thumbsup2 I always marvel at people who manage to plan so many. I am a planner but just can't for TS every day. Looks great. Hope you know it is going to take you quite some time to post all those reviews for us .... ;)

I really like your choices burt! :thumbsup2 I always marvel at people who manage to plan so many. I am a planner but just can't for TS every day. Looks great. Hope you know it is going to take you quite some time to post all those reviews for us .... ;)

I would love to not have to plan but we saw so many people being turned away last year that its not worth the risk, we arent big eaters and by the 2nd week last year we were struggling to sit down to a ts meal every night and ended cancelling a couple - thats why we booked le cellier and cali grill for early in the holiday so that we are still hungry :rotfl2:

Woohoo finally started!!

Made 4 ADR's

Chef Mickey's breakfast
Le Cellier lunch
Sci Fi Diner lunch
Crystal Palace dinner

Easy peasy so far, not sure why I was so concerned (although we didn't get CP for the times we requested) :)

:goodvibes

Added some more now!

Boma for dinner
Jiko for Dinner
Artist Point for dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch

Also planning on doing Beaches and Cream and getting an ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby :)

Added some more now!

Boma for dinner
Jiko for Dinner
Artist Point for dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch

Also planning on doing Beaches and Cream and getting an ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby :)

Doing well ............. is it just Hollywood Brown Derby to do now?

I would love to not have to plan but we saw so many people being turned away last year that its not worth the risk, we arent big eaters and by the 2nd week last year we were struggling to sit down to a ts meal every night and ended cancelling a couple - thats why we booked le cellier and cali grill for early in the holiday so that we are still hungry :rotfl2:

I know what you mean. That is exactly what made me fall in love with the new QSDP. Of course I still want 2 or 3 TS per week which I pay for OOP, but it is still more cost effective to leave so CS unused than TS. I am only doing 6 ADRs for our upcoming trip. What is nice is that it leaves me pretty flexible about dates because I am quite picky about times I DON't want to feel full to the brim ;)

In addition to not being really big eaters, I found that with the warmer climate we were more thirsty than hungry and often opt for a snack instead of a meal; and more interested in going to do something else than actually eating! I like nice food and really appreciate a lovely setting for a meal, but I don't need it every day, if you know what I mean. We are all different I guess.

Nonetheless, I think you have done an impressive job! :thumbsup2

Doing well ............. is it just Hollywood Brown Derby to do now?

I'm quite pleased with myself :lmao:

It's the possible Brown Derby for when we revisit DHS to see Fantasmic, then I think 2 more to book, will try and get them done tonight :)

wouldnt it be funny if we were in the same restaurant at the same time?;)
well apart from the pool party..which isnt a restauant - been a long day:rotfl2:

Oh dear I got too busy really enjoying watching the football so didn't get time to look at ADR's!

Maybe I'll finish tomorrow, I've got most of them, and most of the main ones so should be all ok :)

Oh dear I got too busy really enjoying watching the football so didn't get time to look at ADR's!

Maybe I'll finish tomorrow, I've got most of them, and most of the main ones so should be all ok :)

Oh for goodness sake! Do you know how many times I have been checking this thread since your last post to see what you got? :rotfl2: Really Luke, it isn't polite to keep the DIS family in suspense like this while you are sitting watching :happytv:! :goodvibes

Oh for goodness sake! Do you know how many times I have been checking this thread since your last post to see what you got? :rotfl2: Really Luke, it isn't polite to keep the DIS family in suspense like this while you are sitting watching :happytv:! :goodvibes

oh come on, he is a man;) ... looks for beer smiley:rotfl2:

I'm coming to the end of booking our ADRs now (so far, so good! :thumbsup2) and I'm still deciding where to eat on our last night. We're looking for somewhere in Epcot and I've narrowed it down to Chefs de France and Biergarten. Both have good reviews but they're very different dining experiences! What do you guys think? :)

I'm coming to the end of booking our ADRs now (so far, so good! :thumbsup2) and I'm still deciding where to eat on our last night. We're looking for somewhere in Epcot and I've narrowed it down to Chefs de France and Biergarten. Both have good reviews but they're very different dining experiences! What do you guys think? :)

Aside from very different food, they are very different experiences too, aren't they? I like to end my trip on a high note, so I would personally be inclined to go with Biergarten. I know you don't have young children, so you could possibly do a "quieter" meal at Chefs de France. I suspect your decisions is really all about the venue, and not that much about the food since you have a choice of two. I would go with Biergarten - just because it's different! :)

Aside from very different food, they are very different experiences too, aren't they? I like to end my trip on a high note, so I would personally be inclined to go with Biergarten. I know you don't have young children, so you could possibly do a "quieter" meal at Chefs de France. I suspect your decisions is really all about the venue, and not that much about the food since you have a choice of two. I would go with Biergarten - just because it's different! :)

You're right! I thought about it and I realised that going to Chefs de France doesn't make much sense: it's quite a sedate place to eat, plus we visit the real France a lot anyway. I'm also one to end trips on a high note, so the fun and high-energy Biergarten seems like a good choice. Biergarten it is then! Thanks. :)

You're right! I thought about it and I realised that going to Chefs de France doesn't make much sense: it's quite a sedate place to eat, plus we visit the real France a lot anyway. I'm also one to end trips on a high note, so the fun and high-energy Biergarten seems like a good choice. Biergarten it is then! Thanks. :)

You're welcome! Of course in return, I shall be expecting a full review of the great time you had! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter