Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

Here we are, our 6 month anniversary, and I'm still writing the wedding day portion of the trip report! :lmao:

Here's hoping my memory is up to the job... :confused:

We got a small sample plate of pre-reception food,

96006.jpg

But the photos of the variety of food everyone else had looks so good! I can’t believe they got honeycomb and we didn’t! :scared1:

96089.jpg

96090.jpg

96091.jpg

96092.jpg

96094.jpg

96096.jpg

96098.jpg

It was nice to have a little break just to sit and chat. Michelle helped me bustle my dress and then we made our entrance into the Whitehall Room.

96105.jpg

96110.jpg

First up we did speeches. Another reason I’m disappointed we didn’t have a videographer. The speeches were so good! We did get copies of everything that everyone said, but of course it’s not the same as having it recorded.

96123.jpg

96124.jpg

96136.jpg

96139.jpg

96156.jpg

96183.jpg

96196.jpg

96206.jpg

DH and his best man actually told the same story about the day they met. It was great to hear two different perspectives.

Then our meals came out. Another element of our wedding that I was 100% satisfied with!

We had prosciutto wrapped lobster tail with vanilla bean-turnip puree for our starter. (So good!)

96326.jpg

Followed by raspberry champagne sorbet with macerated fruit (also excellent)

96330.jpg

And for our main meal we had French cut chicken breast with jumbo shrimp and scallops in a pinot-grigio sauce, sided with duchess potatoes, baby carrots,asparagus and fresh seasonal vegetables. (Also amazing! I don’t usually like scallops, but these were just too good to pass up!)

96336.jpg

After our meals we started mingling and just ended up outside getting more photos taken. Seriously, I love getting my pic taken! Never did before, preferred to be on the other side of the lens, if you get what I mean, but I had so much fun.

96353.jpg

92871.jpg

92864.jpg

92853.jpg

92862.jpg

We got some great photos out here, everyone was just so relaxed and willing to do whatever Misty asked.

2444466643522051536.jpg

We headed back inside as it started to get dark and did our first dance.

96670.jpg

Followed by some general dancing and having fun.

We then did the bouquet toss.

96530.jpg

We had sort of planned this earlier, the plan was that one of my BMs would play interference for my sister, so she could catch the bouquet. So that’s what we did... :lmao:

96532.jpg

96533.jpg

96538.jpg

Heheh... :rolleyes1

96546.jpg

96554.jpg

Thanks! :goodvibes

Ok, I'm going to ask a favour - I've entered a contest with the resort we stayed at for our honeymoon - basically you upload photos that you took of the resort and the one that's most popular wins 4 nights free accom. :rolleyes1

Naturally, I'd love to go back, but understandably, funds don't quite stretch that far :rotfl:

All you have to do to help is click this link and then like my individual photos, not the album. Excellence Riviera Cancun

Thanks.

We then posed some fake bouquet toss pics. I took some pics at another friends wedding (of the BM that was playing interference) “catching” the bouquet, and it worked, she’s now engaged :laughing: so we got Misty to help us out and create some more!

96649.jpg

96643.jpg

96638.jpg

96637.jpg

96636.jpg

96634.jpg

We then did the garter toss.

96592.jpg

Man this was funny. We didn’t have many single blokes as it was (6 in total) and none of them are really in a rush to get married. 2 of them are under 18, 3 of them are in long term relationships but do anything to get out of “That discussion” and the last one is in a newly formed relationship, so catching the garter could have been a little awkward.

96595.jpg

So anyway DH flings the garter towards this little group and you could see the collective thought process as they each took one giant step back... and watched the garter flutter to the ground. :lmao:

96604.jpg

Then there was this confused moment as everyone stared at it... Not really sure what to do... Then DH’s brother leapt to the rescue and pulled it over my sister’s boyfriend’s head. Making him the “official” catcher of the garter.

We had a bit more of a dance, and then Misty (or was it Michelle..?) Told me it was time to start heading to the dessert party!

Just found your PJ. Good to hear from an Aussie who got married at WDW. I know reference you when my partner and I talk about getting married and weddings so Thanks a heap. :lmao:

Love the boys all taking one step back.

Can't wait to hear about the dessert party.

Will it be up before 1 year anniverary or are you busy planning what to do? ;)

Just found your PJ. Good to hear from an Aussie who got married at WDW. I know reference you when my partner and I talk about getting married and weddings so Thanks a heap. :lmao:

Love the boys all taking one step back.

Can't wait to hear about the dessert party.

Will it be up before 1 year anniverary or are you busy planning what to do? ;)

There were two other Aussie girls who were planning their weddings at the same time I was planning ours, one of them ended up doing a quick wedding in Oz and then sort of a vowel renewal on DCL, the other one unfortunately ended her engagement, so it was really hard to find someone going through exactly what I was to bounce ideas off, so if you need anything please remember I'm always willing to lend an ear. It does look like more Aussie girls are looking at Disney weddings now though, which is great because they are the most amazing way to do it!

I'm going to try and give myself a deadline of the 1 year ann. to get at least the wedding day all posted! Then I'll regroup and decide whether I'm going to try and remember what else we did on our holiday, or just post some fave pics... :laughing:

Now, over to photobucket to make sure I've already got my photos loaded!

We gathered up our stuff and made our way to Sago Cay Pointe;

92877.jpg

And beheld these goodies!!

96689.jpg

96691.jpg

96688.jpg

96684.jpg

96682.jpg

Our cake was here too!

96699.jpg

We had a heap of glow sticks set up about the tables, so in short order, everyone was wearing something!

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

93240.jpg

I love these next 2 pics to bits!! :love:

96732.jpg

953881.jpg

We got some silly shots done and enjoyed the goodies while we waited for the fireworks to start.

At some stage Misty coralled some people to make this shot happen

95384.jpg

And I didn't even know about it until I got the photos back! :lovestruc

Just caught up with your report, what an amazingly beautiful bride! And your DH... whoa... keep a tight old on that one young lady!

I'm an Aussie planning a DFTW but from London rather than Oz... I'm so excited I'm fit to burst and I still have over 1000 days to go!!

I can't wait to read the rest of your report, everything is beautiful! xx

Those dp pics look amazing!

Thanks, it was so much fun, and wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be - or rather, for the amount we paid for it, we got quite a lot of stuff!

Just caught up with your report, what an amazingly beautiful bride! And your DH... whoa... keep a tight old on that one young lady!

I'm an Aussie planning a DFTW but from London rather than Oz... I'm so excited I'm fit to burst and I still have over 1000 days to go!!

I can't wait to read the rest of your report, everything is beautiful! xx

Thank you! :goodvibes I can't recommend doing it enough, Last year and this year really is the year of the wedding for us, we've been to at least a dozen, and have a heap more coming up, and every time a friend gets engaged I keep encouraging them to have a destination wedding, because they are the best way to do it!

Misty and Nelio herded us down to the best spot for the fireworks photos and we got some great shots!

92930.jpg

92939.jpg

92947.jpg

92974.jpg

We had the Wishes music piped in, which I thought was really nice. If we hadn’t had it piped in, I still would have wanted the audio set up, so we could have some form of music.

92987.jpg

93007.jpg

93058.jpg

93103.jpg

93182-2.jpg

93192.jpg

93229.jpg

Now some time around here, one of the waiters asked Chris if he wanted to cut the cake. He said yes, but there was obviously some kind of communication mix up because the next thing I know I look over and some random person is taking my cake apart!! :scared1:

The benefit of having awesome bridesmaids is all I had to do it point out this problem to one of them, and she went all Bridezilla for me, so I didn’t have to worry about it. :bride: She’s so great, she had the cake reassembled in no time (she did have to stick her finger into the back of it to get the top layer back on, but that’s ok). Her wedding is actually coming up next month, so I’m hoping I can be as good to her as she was to me!

96737.jpg

So then we got our slightly rearranged cake cutting pics!

96741.jpg

96748-2-1.jpg

96753.jpg

96764-1.jpg

I love everything about your wedding Bec! It's gorgeous. I'm still so in love with your gown! ;D

There were two other Aussie girls who were planning their weddings at the same time I was planning ours, one of them ended up doing a quick wedding in Oz and then sort of a vowel renewal on DCL, the other one unfortunately ended her engagement, so it was really hard to find someone going through exactly what I was to bounce ideas off, so if you need anything please remember I'm always willing to lend an ear. It does look like more Aussie girls are looking at Disney weddings now though, which is great because they are the most amazing way to do it!

I'm going to try and give myself a deadline of the 1 year ann. to get at least the wedding day all posted! Then I'll regroup and decide whether I'm going to try and remember what else we did on our holiday, or just post some fave pics... :laughing:

Now, over to photobucket to make sure I've already got my photos loaded!

Thank you I may just do that when it gets closer. We aren't engaged yet but talk about it. His Mum was talking about us getting married on the weekend and I told her I wanted a Disney wedding when it happens and she was open to it, phew.

Good to hear about more and more Aussie brides wanting the magic of a Disney wedding.

I love the surprise photo Misty took of the guests spelling out Love with the glowsticks, so cool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter