Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

I love everything about your wedding Bec! It's gorgeous. I'm still so in love with your gown! ;D

I know it was so pretty! :lovestruc If I do say so myself anyway... It was so heavy though, I didn't realise until I got it out of the cupboard to show an aunty, I held it up for maybe 5 minutes and my arms were pretty strained under the weight!

Thank you I may just do that when it gets closer. We aren't engaged yet but talk about it. His Mum was talking about us getting married on the weekend and I told her I wanted a Disney wedding when it happens and she was open to it, phew.

Good to hear about more and more Aussie brides wanting the magic of a Disney wedding.

I love the surprise photo Misty took of the guests spelling out Love with the glowsticks, so cool!!

Yeah I love my "Love" piccy too, we've recreated it since using sparklers, it's a pretty cool effect.

After the cake Misty said we still had them for half an hour, so wanted to know if I wanted any more shots. I thought about it for a little while, then grabbed DH and we headed back to the main area of the GF for a few more shots.

93250.jpg

93258.jpg

93266.jpg

93288.jpg

We then met up with our guests in the lobby and decided to head back to our resort, DH’s sister was leaving first thing in the morning, so we kidnapped her and brought her back to our resort as well. :laughing:

95526.jpg

95535.jpg

Somehow though, I lost DH somewhere along the way, and entered the POR lobby with just 2 of my bridesmaids, and they decided it would be funny to call attention to the fact that there was a lone bride walking through the lobby, without a husband by yelling things like “Give it up for the newlyweds!!” :blush:

We stopped at the pool bar for a drink on the way to the rooms, thinking that DH and everyone else would catch us up there, and my bridesmaid continued the joke by telling the barman I didn’t actually just get married, I just get around in a wedding dress every now and then… :rotfl:

After sitting at the bar long enough for it to close, and no one meeting us there, we continued back to our room. My parents, brother, and sister’s boyfriend had beat us there, and were waiting for us, but when we pointed out that we were the only ones there my sister and her boyfriend headed back to their hotel.

My remaining BM helped me out of my wedding dress, and I got changed into something more comfortable. I sent a few txt messages out to find out where DH had gotten to between the taxi and the lobby, but no one got back to me straight away, so I headed back towards the lobby with my BM.

We stumbled on DH, my other BM and her boyfriend at a table with some strangers. Smoking cigars… I hate smokers, but I turned a blind eye to DH having a cigar or two for our wedding, because it’s something he’s talked about doing since we were engaged.

2444466643522051563.jpg

2444466643522051566.jpg

P2280087.jpg

I took a seat and the BM that had stuck with me was tired, so she headed back to her resort. Then another friend who was staying at a different hotel altogether turned up – she must have gone home to get changed first – and also took a seat. We sat chatting and laughing about the day with our new friends.

2444466643522051565.jpg

I’m not sure what time we turned in for the night, but I was exhausted, but it had been a truly wonderful day. :cloud9:

What an amazing day Bec, everything just turned out so beautifully!

The pics of you and DH in front of the GF all lit up at night in your last minute pics was breathtaking xx

On my wedding day I ended up say at Sago Cay on my own when all our guests got lost and DH had to go and find them, anyone looking out of their windows must have thought I was a right saddo.

Everything looks amazing and so beautiful!!!!!

Do you mind me asking how much your dessert party choc fondue was?

Can't wait to see more!!

On my wedding day I ended up say at Sago Cay on my own when all our guests got lost and DH had to go and find them, anyone looking out of their windows must have thought I was a right saddo.

:rotfl: yeah it's not often you see a lone bride somewhere!

What an amazing day Bec, everything just turned out so beautifully!

The pics of you and DH in front of the GF all lit up at night in your last minute pics was breathtaking xx

Thanks - I don't think there was one photo from Misty that I wasn't happy with.

Everything looks amazing and so beautiful!!!!!

Do you mind me asking how much your dessert party choc fondue was?

Can't wait to see more!!

PM'ed you :goodvibes

Oh dear... It's been a whole year since we flew out to WDW... :sad2:

I don't have anything exciting coming up! You could say that my anniversary is coming up, but DH works away from home, so I won't even get to see him... :sad1:

Oh well, I should start pushing for another Disney holidays... :laughing:

Oh dear... It's been a whole year since we flew out to WDW... :sad2:

I don't have anything exciting coming up! You could say that my anniversary is coming up, but DH works away from home, so I won't even get to see him... :sad1:

Oh well, I should start pushing for another Disney holidays... :laughing:

Happy almost anniversary - sucks that you won't see your hubby tho :(

Another Disney holiday sounds right on the cards - if you didn't want to do WDW maybe Tokyo and Hong Kong?! xx

That sucks your husband won't be home for your anniversary.

My partner is in talks to go away for work and I am dead against it, he just points out it'll be more money and I can get to Disney sooner LOL.

Yes, start planning a Disney trip so he can make it up to you LOL.

That sucks your husband won't be home for your anniversary.

My partner is in talks to go away for work and I am dead against it, he just points out it'll be more money and I can get to Disney sooner LOL.

Yes, start planning a Disney trip so he can make it up to you LOL.

DH working away isn't that big of a deal, it really is setting us up for life, so it's worth a few sacrifices.

I have to start planning some sort of holiday, I'm really over this whole "nothing coming up" nonsense! DH mentioned the possibility of doing a top end road trip style holiday with a few mates. I'd be ok with that so long as I get a campervan with an ensuite :laughing:

Today we were meeting everyone for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. We caught a cab to the Contemporary as we were running a bit late. When we got there though, half of our group were already eating at the Contemporary Café, and tried waving me over. That annoyed me so much, because we’d booked in to Chef Mickey’s for something like 25-30 people, so it had taken a lot of effort to get that booking, and before booking I had sent around an email to everyone including the menus and pricing of everywhere we were going to eat, and asked them to let us know if they wanted to join us, and what was there excuse when I said we’re booked in at Chef Mickey’s?? “It’s too expensive, let’s eat here instead.” It was really infuriating. I put my foot down though and said that I was eating at Chef Mickey’s. I think about 12 people joined me.

I’ve never been to a character meal before, as I’m a bit scared of Characters, but I really enjoyed this. I even got up and took some photos with the characters.

2444466643522110100.jpg

2444466643522110101.jpg

P3010090.jpg

P3010100.jpg

Our waitress even brought us over some celebration cupcakes.

2444466643522110099.jpg

From here on in I’m going to be a bit naughty, and just post pics. It’s been a year since we got married, and I really can’t remember what we did!

How frustrating!!! If I'd gone to so much effort to get that booking I'd be annoyed as well!

I adore your tops! Where did you get them made?? x

DH working away isn't that big of a deal, it really is setting us up for life, so it's worth a few sacrifices.

I have to start planning some sort of holiday, I'm really over this whole "nothing coming up" nonsense! DH mentioned the possibility of doing a top end road trip style holiday with a few mates. I'd be ok with that so long as I get a campervan with an ensuite :laughing:

Yeah, that's what Robert keeps telling me and I know it will be worth it but I don't want him to go LOL.
Yes, even some small holiday would be nice, just something to plan. Agree with you about needing the ensuite though.

Some people are just so inconsiderate, you go to all the work of sending out all this info, people say they will go and then change their minds last minute UGH.
On a side not, I have that plate above...unfortunately mine doesn't have cupcakes on it though :(

How frustrating!!! If I'd gone to so much effort to get that booking I'd be annoyed as well!

I adore your tops! Where did you get them made?? x

I know! Right!?!? :laughing:

I actually made our tops myself, they're just plain singlets with iron on transfers. The design I used should be in this PJ somewhere.

Some people are just so inconsiderate, you go to all the work of sending out all this info, people say they will go and then change their minds last minute UGH.
On a side not, I have that plate above...unfortunately mine doesn't have cupcakes on it though :(

Exactly!! I included menus and pricing and everything when I asked if anyone wanted to join us, they should have said no then, not told me to book them in and then change their minds!! :headache:

The cupcakes were nummies! However I really only ate the icing and nibbled on the cake :rolleyes1

Love your tank tops! =] And no apologies needed about the pictures thing.. Totally understandable and pictures are just as good! =]

Wedding Ceremony: 2:00pm-3:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

Grand Floridian 39 Guests

Catering fees and equipment

1 wedding pavilion usage @ $3000.00 ea - $3195.00
Floral moving fees @ $25.00 each. - $25.00
Floral wedding package @ $1865.34 each - $1640.21
(Floral itemised with pics below)

Transportation

1 Limousine - Charter @ $376.64 ea - $376.644

91543.jpg

Estimated Event Total: $5583.23

Wedding Pre-reception/Reception: 3:30pm-8:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

Bar

144 hosted house wine @ $6.75 a glass - $1252.57

Catering Food & Beverage

39 plated - Chicken, shrimp and scallops @ $86.50 a guest - $4347.27

96326.jpg

Starter - Lobster wrapped in proscuito, with I think it was a vanilla bean turnip puree... Very yummy!

96330.jpg

Rasberry champagne sorbet with mascerated fruit. Very yummy!

96336.jpg

Chicken, shrimp and scallops. You guessed it - Very yummy! :laughing:

39 International & Domestic Cheese Display @$9.75 ea - $490.01

96090.jpg

96091.jpg

96092.jpg

Catering fees & Equipment

1 fee - Bartender @ $100 each - $106.50

Entertainment

1 Ipod set up @$250.00 - $250.00

96076.jpg

Estimated total: $6509.49

Dessert Party: 7:30pm-8:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

AV and technical services

1 wishes audio package @ $495.00 each - $495.00

Bar

30 hosted house wine @ $6.75 a glass - $260.96

Catering Food & Beverage

1 wedding cake - GF only @$475.00 each - $612.11

96699.jpg

39 Fondue station - GF only @ $10.00 a guest - $502.57

96689.jpg

39 Dessert Party – GF only @ $22.50 a guest - $1130.80

96688.jpg

Catering Fees & Equipment

1 outdoor setup fee @ $75.00 each $79.88
1 fee - bartender @ $100.00 each $106.50

Estimated Event Total: $3187.82

Bridal Portrait Session: 6:00am on Friday March 4th 2011

Grand Floridian. 2 guests

Photography. Video & Multimedia

1 2010 MK plus Epcot Bridal Portrait @ $1400.00 each - $1400.00

Estimated Event Total: $1400.00

Estimated program Total: $16680.54

Floral

Round SILK bouquet of 15 white peony's and 8 light pink bud roses with lily grass loops and spikes framing the bouquet. See picture. Accent bouquet with 5 Swarovski pearl Mickey's and 6 Swarovski pearls. Wrap stems 100% with ribbon that the bride is providing and place a row of 7 single Swarovski pearls down the handle. Bride to provide small shoe charm for the bouquet. Please add in a subtle location - $325.00

CRYSTALS:
13 single pearls - $13.00
5 Mickey pearls - $15.00

Silk bouquet - no refresh needed.

90066.jpg

GOWN COLOR: Mocha
Nothing needed - bride to provide silks.

White rose with lily grass and 1 Swarovski Mickey pearl - $10.50
Duplicate boutonniere for MK portrait session - $10.50
Deliver by 6:00am on March 4th.

CRYSTALS: 2 Pearl Mickey's - $6.00

90233.jpg

Memorial candle with coordinating fresh floral accents at the base. - $35.00Place on a white column (rental) with ivory chiffon skirting on the bride's side - prelight - $12.50

Place 2 white columns (rental) with ivory chiffon skirting right next to the memorial candle for picture frames - $25.00

91023.jpg

37 Medium pink rose petals loose in a basket $92.50

Reception

Resort to provide ivory cotton solid base linen and ivory cotton solid napkins.
5x 90x90 Chocolate organza overlay - one per table - $105.00
39x Ivory cotton chair cover with a champagne satin sash tied in a bow - $331.50

5x 19" Monet vases - rental - $50.00
5x 17" Monet vases - rental - $50.00
5x 15" Monet vases - rental - $50.00

Fill each Monet vase halfway and top with an ivory floating candle. $48.75

96080.jpg

Wrap a #107 champagne contessa satin ribbon around the middle of the vase with a square crystal buckle - $75.00

Square buckles - $74.85
Place one vase of each height on each round.

96027.jpg

5x Sprinkle ivory rose petals on each round - $125.00

96064.jpg

5x 9" Cylinder vases - rental. Place one per table - $25.00

Fill each vase with light pink gel and submerge LED lights and gold Mickey confetti in the gel - $60.00

Bride to provide glow necklaces, bracelets, etc.

96714.jpg

Final Total $1640.21

DFTW – Amazing! I don’t think I once had an issue with someone getting back to me, or a hiccup with anything like that. They made the whole process so straight forward and easy.

Planner – Michelle Wenzler-Dorr and assistant Jessie – Also amazing! Everything went so smoothly from start to finish. Michelle always got back to me in a timely manner and went through the whole day, and helped me work out the order in which everything would run. There was a slight “language” barrier – yes we both speak English, but you’d be surprised to find out how many things don’t translate from Aussie English to US English! I only really dealt with Jessie on the wedding day, but she was always floating around somewhere in the back ground, ready to step in if need be.

Coordinator – Joe De Matei – Really helpful. There wasn’t really much he was able to do, but he let me make 1st contact by email, which is something they never really do. Then he was able to chase up a whole heap of prices for me before we went ahead with anything. He also responded to emails really quickly.

Misty Miotto – The day would have been nowhere near as good without her! Misty was just this amazing person who really took control of everything. She didn’t take nonsense from anyone and wasn’t afraid to tell someone if they were interfering with the photography process. I would even go as far to say that I would look into the possibility of flying her to Australia if we ever need more photos like these. I don’t think there is one of her photos that I don’t like. Would have paid double to have her!

Beaute Speciale – So good at what they do! We had three girls come to our room to get us all done – I know Elaine did my hair and makeup for both days, but unfortunately I’ve forgotten the other girls names, but they were all so much fun and recreated exactly what I asked for. I requested Ana and didn’t get her, but these girls surpassed my expectations!

P2280074.jpg

Elaine

P2280076.jpg

DSC_0113-1.jpg

DPS – Pretty good, and I’d pay to do it again, but not as great as I was hoping. I had Mike do my photos for the Bridal Portrait. He got some amazing photos, and definitely knows how to take a gorgeous photo, but he was really lacking in the posing department. How I was standing and smiling didn’t really feel natural at all, and I think you can see that in the pictures. Not only that, but the day before the bridal portrait DPS called to say that they had to bring the photos forward by an hour – which meant 4am instead of 5am...! In other words up for hair and makeup at 3:00am (That’s in the morning in case you didn’t realise!) I wasn’t happy with this, and DH even encouraged me to cancel, but I really wanted the photos, so I made the changes with Beaute Speciale and we went ahead with it. DPS did offer me a discount for reprints, but I ordered the DVD, so reprints aren’t really anything I need. I haven’t actually ordered my album yet either… Really should do that…

PH221780311-0043.jpg

PH221780311-0029.jpg

Rev. Jack Day – So perfect for us! He was so sweet and lovely and really made the ceremony! Even during DH’s “Hiccup” he was able to carry on quite professionally and lighten the mood, which also helped get DH back on track.

91362.jpg

Disney Floral – They were able to produce some amazing quality silk flowers. The bouquet isn’t actually what I asked for, but it was still beautiful, so I was happy with it. They also didn’t get my ribbon and something blue (which went in the bouquet) until just before I walked down the aisle, but it took them no time to get them added in. There was a bit of confusion during the planning stage, mainly due to flowers having different names here, compared to over there, but we managed.

92159.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside – Perfect location. We got some stunning photos here, and could have gotten a whole of a lot more, there were endless photo opportunities. The resort is so romantic in itself, and I could have spent a lot more time just around there.

94308.jpg

Whitehall Room – This room was perfect for the amount of guests we had (40) any more and I think it would have felt a bit crowded. I loved that the patio was included, and the monorail passed right over head. We didn’t cover the birds up, but if I was to ask anyone about them now they’d have no idea what I was talking about.

96024.jpg

92864.jpg

Ipod connection – Was a little on the quiet side, but it worked really well for what we wanted. It didn’t get many people up and dancing, but neither have any of the DJs at any weddings I’ve been to recently.

Sago Cay Pointe – Was a perfect way to top off the evening.

96691.jpg

All in all, the only thing I would have done differently is probably hire a videographer, but I’d do everything else the same, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Worth every cent!

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_02331.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Me and my brother, and my sister and her boyfriend behind us on Splash.

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DH after he accidentally bopped Stitch on the head :laughing:

DSC_0158.jpg

The server was so excited when he saw I had my camera out for a picture, he just had to pose!

DSC_0160.jpg

And then the real photo of Remy that I was actually after. So cute!

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

P3010116.jpg

P3010114.jpg

Our celebration dessert from Sci-Fi. Nummy!

And.... Done!! With only 2 days until our 1 year anniversary, I'm calling this PJ/TR Completed!! :laughing:

Thanks for those who have read along with me and were so helpful with ideas and tips and all the rest! I couldn't have done it without this board, and all the helpful people!! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter