• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

Of course they would make this change one day after I made all my Fastpasses, but I love the new tiering and was able to make much more diverse Fastpasses rather than Muppet Vision all the time.

I doubt they want two different rides on BG. I'd bet MMRR will be standby only for a while.
I doubt they want people waiting in a standby line for an hour and then for the ride to go down for two hours. That kind of thing creates more problems for Disney than boarding groups.

I doubt they want people waiting in a standby line for an hour and then for the ride to go down for two hours. That kind of thing creates more problems for Disney than boarding groups.

I agree with that but from everything I've read, they don't seem to think MMRR is going to have problems. This ride is much closer to rides they have used in other parks than new technology at ROTR.

The new tiering came out sooner than expected, but great to see!
The only downside is after using the first 3, it may be more difficult to get ToT and RnRC FP now. With the previous tiers, subsequent FPs for RnRC and ToT were easy to get.

I was playing around with FastPass this morning and noticed after 2/19 there was a substantial opening of Muppet Vision 3D. Just in case anyone's been waiting for one of these slots!
I don't know why they even have the Muppets available as a FP. I've never seen a Standby wait.

If you book a MFSR FP+ what will you miss by going through the FP line instead of standby? We haven't yet experienced MFSR and we don't want to miss out on seeing the chess table!!

If you book a MFSR FP+ what will you miss by going through the FP line instead of standby? We haven't yet experienced MFSR and we don't want to miss out on seeing the chess table!!

A lot of small details! Watch a youtube walkthrough if you want to see what.

Also miss the opporunity to play one of the games in the Star Wars datapad. It relies on you being in certain spots in the queue.

But .. if you are in the queue, you dont need to play a game to pass the time.

Touring Plans has not even caught up yet on their FP+ availability list. They do not even list Smuggler's Run as a FP yet.

Super excited, though it would have been nice for this to have happened last week when I made my plans. I didn't see the change until about 9:45 Mountain time this morning, so I didn't get the best times, but got all I wanted for our stay March 18-23. We are spending two days in DHS and love our rides we now have on Fast Passes: First day: TSM, Star Tours and Millenium Falcom and the 2nd day is Slinky Dog, Alien Swirling Sauces and Tower of Terror. We will let the two adult kids do single rider on RNRC since mine and hubbies backs don't do well on that ride. Hopefully we will get our boarding group for RotR and don't know what they will be doing for MMRC yet. Oh boy....

Man I gained a few more grey hairs this morning. I didn't realize that when you go to trade out FPs they have to be of the same tier so when I first looked for MFSM it was showing they were out. Almost made my DD cry because I said if we couldn't get FPs for out (Galaxy's Edge specific) trip next month I might cancel the trip. Then I calmed down, traded our SDD for MFSM for both days in hopes we can get a 4th for SDD. (If we don't we'll just do standby.) Switched a Star Tours for the Saucers, Frozen for RNR, and Muppet VIsion for TSM. We have 2 days in HS and I am *much* happier with our FPs.

WoW! Thanks to this thread I was able to get TSM 9:10-10:10, *** 10:25-11:25 and SDD 1:45-2:45 on my first Hs day and all 3 TSL rides in the morning on my second HS day! (I have a 2 and a 5 year old so not interested in Star Wars rides or TOT - RnRC... this works perfectly!!!)

I was on the line with DSS this morning about booking a CLFP for MFSR, and the woman I was speaking with seemed to think we might hear about MMRR being added to the FP system in the next week or two. But who knows if this is based on anything other than guessing.
@yulilin3 posted earlier that that came from the HUB (which is a cast member site) so likely correct.

To Disney, a little pain of 240 minutes waits is improved by eventually opening FP+ for the ride and pushing on site reservations. Nothing can push on site reservations like "hey, you want a way around 240 minute waits, we got the hookup but you've gotta stay on site and may need to extend your vacation to have a chance to book at back end."

Which is exactly what Disney wants. They're building more hotels and selling early FP to partner hotels. They may not be getting paid FPs but they are helping them earn more money. I don't think they're worried about long waits - that tells people the ride is good and popular. I think they're more worried about break downs.

According to a statement released today by Disney Parks Blog, Disney had this to say about if and when Rise of the Resistance will be included in the Walt Disney World Resort FastPass system: “We may include this attraction in the FastPass+ service sometime in the future and will share more information at that time.”
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/01/...AJdCTucLPij642bJxiLEaJ8eDfMmI_QrH2KFZ2bToikQs

That sounds vague enough to me that I would read between the lines that it's going to be a while. Compared to the info coming out about MMRR, I think that means BGs are going to be around for a while of RotR.

My ultimate guess is that this is all setting up for Mickey's Runaway Railway to be added to Tier One upon opening. That is really the only way this makes sense. They are going to need some system for it, and having it be Boarding Groups seems problematic for people having to get one for Rise of the Resistance and it.

Thoughts?

Maybe that or maybe it will stay standby only for awhile like MFSR did. I don’t see them having two VQ attractions at the same park at one time.

I have to disagree with you here. I've got a 4 year old who is 40.5 inches tall and frequently has to use the bathroom. There is no way that I was ever waiting on a 1 hour line with her for any ride. Now, we're definitely going to try to get a fastpass for MFSR. If I get a fastpass I won't be one of the people who would have ridden it before it switched to fastpass. I'm sure there are more like me out there.

This! Even with bathroom right before getting the MFSR queue, after about a 55 minute wait for a 1 hr queue, my son HAD TO GO NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you, it was not fun having to "excuse me" our way all the way back down that winding narrow queue to the outside. Luckily, my husband waited back for us with our other kids at the CM check at the top of the queue just before the chess room, and the CMs were kind enough to let us return via the fastpass line to join him. We ordinarily wouldn't ask, but we had waited almost the entire hour, and it was a bathroom emergency... but that was soooo stressful and I never want to do it again.

Fastpass will make such a big difference to my sanity!!!!

Ugh. We are there 2/21 and 2/22 and no FP+ available for any day. That's what I get for having a job!
We're there 2/19 and I missed out also. My hope now is that they will change the opening hours to 8 AM and open up more FP for that time slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter