Breastfeeding in MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BonSchwe
chad - you'll be the one shooting dirty looks at a mother holding her screaming baby and mumbling about how somebody should do something about that racket.

probably ;)

Okay everybody - After his last post it's obvious now that he's enjoying everybody getting upset.

We all need to ignore him, and maybe he will go away!!!

Perhaps men should really stay away from this issue since they never have and never will have the experience to be qualified to have an opinion on this particular topic. When a man has to dash through a theme park with a screaming baby with his heart breaking because his baby is hungry or go into a bathroom and balance the baby on his leg while it's propped up on a disgusting toilet, then he is entitled to an opinon. Get a grip.

Originally posted by slo
Okay everybody - After his last post it's obvious now that he's enjoying everybody getting upset.

I do not.

Just over at the debate board ;)

This is just an issue that I really had a problem with back at my old job.

Originally posted by slo

Good point. I know I've racked up enough posts on this thread. I'll stop now. :teeth:

I have a question, If your baby is breast feeding why be in the park at all. I would think that you would hold off and give your baby a chance to get a little bigger so that they can interact in the park. It would also seem to be a little easier on Mom with all that she is going through with the baby.

Dan-tot

I can't speak from experience b/c I did not take my kids when I was breastfeeding, but I would imagine that many people have several years between their kids and want to take their older kids and have to take breastfeeding babies along.

Well some moms do it past one year so the babe would be bigger. Luke is 9 months now and I could totally see us going now. I feel great, he is on a good schedule and I wouldn't have to worry about bottles and formula.
He is so social he would get a kick out of WDW! We are waiting because I want DD to Trick or Treat in MK and I love the Oct weather.
Since all of us are on this board because of the real love for WDW then it should be easy to understand why a mom would go with the little ones.

Perhaps men should really stay away from this issue since they never have and never will have the experience to be qualified to have an opinion on this particular topic.

Hmm, men never give birth to children yet they deliver them everyday in the hospital.

There are male gynecologist yet they don't have....uh you get the point.

I'll never be president of the united states, yet I'll comment on that.

----------------------------------------------
Melissathepooh

Yep, I've dug through the milk sacks to get to the ice cream too:D

Originally posted by dan-tot
I have a question, If your baby is breast feeding why be in the park at all. I would think that you would hold off and give your baby a chance to get a little bigger so that they can interact in the park. It would also seem to be a little easier on Mom with all that she is going through with the baby.

Dan-tot

Good question. DisKim and Samantha L answered it well. It really is very easy to travel with a nursing infant! And Disney is such an awesome family place to be. They make it very easy for parents to enjoy themselves, along with their children.

I've taken my children at lots of different ages so far, nursing and non-nursing ages, and each age offers something different and wonderful! But, I can tell you that on my last trip my 9 month old nursing baby was a heck of a lot easier to travel with than my 4 year old DD!!!! LOL

Recent trips, with my children....
5/2000 - DD age 18 months (& I was 5 months pregnant)
5/2001 - DD 2 1/2 and DD 8 month old nursing baby
10/2003 - DD 4, DD 2, and DS 9 month old nursing baby
12/2004 - DD 6, DD 4, DS almost 3 - no one will be nursing and hopefully no one will be in diapers :bounce:

Each child enjoyed each trip in different ways -- and I loved every minute of each trip!

Hope that helps answer your question.

(gasping for breath....trying to catch up to everyone in this thread...oh, don't end it without me!!!):teeth:

I find it odd that a 19 year old male would be opposed to seeing a boubie or two....(especially nice, large, full ones!!!)

:D :D

(edited to spell incorrectly)

Dan-tot

Ok - I will take this one, because dh and I love it and because my older dd's love it and if we wait much longer they will be beyond character "enchantment" age. Oh and also because WDW is a GREAT family vacation and baby is part of our family. Oh and when you are BF'd there is nothing to "go through".

I love the baby care centers and use them often, but if I choose a bench an I am nursing or not you will never know - as is the case with 99.9% of BF mothers/babies.

I will agree with the OP that a good place to bf and a quiet place to be is an odd reason to quote a fav in a guide book. I would have definately done a dobule take!! Besides there are many other great, quiet out of the way places, rides and attractions that are great to BF and you will probably never even notice baby or mom, but those aren't mentioned.

The rest of this is just nonsense - if someone feeding their child bothers you just walk away, again I doubt you will have even noticed.

TJ -
who will never nurse in the bathroom or in her car!

Dan-tot

I agree completely Dan. It seems to me that if your baby has to eat so often that it interupts your day too much to get to a nursery or restaurant etc. that you should rethink going to the parks in the first place.

And you know what, I don't care particularly about your fussing baby. I know that you all got mad at Chad when he said that but I don't mean to be cruel and heartless but that is your responsibility and not mine.

I think it is more respectful to find a quiet bench or something rather than sitting beside a stranger in the HOP. But that's just my opinion.

Ali

Originally posted by renessa
(gasping for breath....trying to catch up to everyone in this thread...oh, don't end it without me!!!):teeth:

I find it odd that a 19 year old male would be opposed to seeing a boubie or two....(especially nice, large, full ones!!!)

:D :D

(edited to spell incorrectly)

I think that's a little stereotypical. I also don't appreciate all the comments about people not living in the real world until they are a certain age or have children. You all talked about Chad and how "offensive" he was but you are being pretty hypocritical to turn around and be offensive to him.

Ali

Originally posted by Hippychickali

And you know what, I don't care particularly about your fussing baby. I know that you all got mad at Chad when he said that but I don't mean to be cruel and heartless but that is your responsibility and not mine.

Ali

Absolutley right. It is my responsibility. It's my repsonsiblity to take care of my child and it's my repsonsibily to try to keep the screams for disturbing others -- that's why I feed my child when he's hungry.
:smooth:

It seems to me that if your baby has to eat so often that it interupts your day too much to get to a nursery or restaurant etc. that you should rethink going to the parks in the first place.
Ali

It doesn't interupt my day. My family has a wonderful time on vacation, together, even if one of the children traveling with us is a nursing infant.

Perhaps if someone is so bothered by someone feeding a hungry baby, it is he or she that should re-think going to the parks in the first place. :eek:

I haven't brought my nursing infants to a night at the opera -- but I have brought my nursing infants to Walt Disney World -- a place that is designed for a perfect family vacation, a place that is fun for children of any age.

If I did rethink it, it would take about 2 seconds and I would come to the same conclusion. Disney is the perfect family vacation for me and my family.

:cool:

Exactly! So why get mad at me when I don't have compassion for you and your screaming child?

Ali

Ali, I don't get mad at you. I don't even know you. I just feed my baby when my baby is hungry -- out of consideration to my baby and those around us.

And I don't want your compassion or anything else from you, for that matter :eek:

I just go to Disney with my family, take care of my children, try to respect others, and have a great time...not quite sure what anyone else is really on about.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter