BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

I received a call from member services last night that my 1 bedroom reservation at BW arriving 12/1 (4 days) was not finished due to the construction. They said the room I had is not going to be finished with the rehab by Friday. I had a choice to move to the Tree House (SSR) or to a studio at Yacht Club. I have never had this happen to me in 27 years as a DVC member. BW is my home resort and probably stayed there over 100 times. What's worse is member services will not reimburse me for the difference from the 1 bedroom points (106) to the studio (50). I understand that the rooms are not done, I'm not happy about it but I get it. But to make me move to Yacht club to a studio when I had a reservation for a 1 bedroom with being reimbursed for the difference in points does not seem right. I requested to speak to a sr. manager and today they called and told me the same thing. Either take one of the other resorts with no refund for the point differential or cancel my reservation. Is this allowed in the by-laws? Has any other members ever had this happen to them???
I would escalate and ask for the point reimbursement. That is absolutely bogus. Was this booked in the 11 month window or 7 month window? Did you use home resort points.

I would escalate and ask for the point reimbursement. That is absolutely bogus. Was this booked in the 11 month window or 7 month window? Did you use home resort points.

I completely agree with you. We’ve been Boardwalk members for 24 years. So disappointing that members are being treated this way. I would keep at it and continue to escalate until someone refunds the points.

Just an update from my original post on this thread. As my post stated we had a standard studio at the YC for our 3 day trip. The room was nice, but no where near as good as the BW. Our daughter decided to join me and my wife, which was why we booked the 1-bedroom at the BW. We spoke to several DVC cast members at the resorts (BW, BCV) and on a tour at Riviera and they were shocked we did not get the point difference back. I was given some names to contact which I will do this week. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully by now all has been settled.

If not, or if any other owner gets caught in this situation, I’d start with the Exchange document itself:

IMG_0595.jpeg
The paragraph at red arrow begins with, “One Reservation Point is equivalent to one Vacation Point. Reservation Points have no other relationship with, or comparison to, Vacation Points and are established for convenience of reference only.

While in certain circumstances we can be bumped from our DVC reservation, DVC cannot claim a similar use of points in the Disney Collection Exchange is a lateral move.

Update - DVC made it right and moved us to a 1 BR at Beach Club instead!

I wish it didn’t take so many calls but happy with the outcome.
That’s awesome although it shouldn’t have taken so many calls lobbying for yourself. Customer service used to be exceptional; fingers crossed they will right the ship going forward….

I received a call from member services last night that my 1 bedroom reservation at BW arriving 12/1 (4 days) was not finished due to the construction. They said the room I had is not going to be finished with the rehab by Friday. I had a choice to move to the Tree House (SSR) or to a studio at Yacht Club. I have never had this happen to me in 27 years as a DVC member. BW is my home resort and probably stayed there over 100 times. What's worse is member services will not reimburse me for the difference from the 1 bedroom points (106) to the studio (50). I understand that the rooms are not done, I'm not happy about it but I get it. But to make me move to Yacht club to a studio when I had a reservation for a 1 bedroom with being reimbursed for the difference in points does not seem right. I requested to speak to a sr. manager and today they called and told me the same thing. Either take one of the other resorts with no refund for the point differential or cancel my reservation. Is this allowed in the by-laws? Has any other members ever had this happen to them???
After many emails and phone conversations DVC did not refund my points. Very disappointed. This is not the DVC I joined 25+ years ago. Hope this does not happen to anyone esle.

After many emails and phone conversations DVC did not refund my points. Very disappointed. This is not the DVC I joined 25+ years ago. Hope this does not happen to anyone esle.
Outrageous.
I'm wondering, has anyone who had booked a studio been moved to the YC? If yes, I bet they haven't been charged twice the points of the original reservation.

I’m booked in a pool/garden view one bedroom the last week in May. Am I at risk for this happening? I’ll move resorts while I still have some options if this is going to be a problem.

Can I ask what's the reason they give? Someone else on this thread , mentioned they got moved from 1 bedroom BWV to 1 bedroom BCV, so they didn't have the point issue. So sorry for this. I still can't believe it (not saying you're lying). I would be in tears knowing I spent those points without the kitchen and laundry. Are you the type to use the kitchen a lot? We are. Without it, the trip would be so much more expensive.

No it isn't. Disney does not care and probably just hates the fact that they priced out those rooms for such few points and left money on the table. They are becoming the norm in the timeshare industry now.

Wow... that is so very unfair. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Do we have an email address for whomever is in charge of DVC/DVD? I would keep escalating. This is absolutely outrageous.
william.c.diercksen@disney.com - Bill Diercksen, Sr. VP for DVC

@tmc2469 were you in a regular hotel room at YC or club level? YC doesn’t have studios (with kitchenettes), nor do YC rooms have free laundry. If not club level, did they give you any room credits to pay for meals? Or any free access to laundry, which would have been included with a 1BR?

No points refunded, no club level, no hundreds in gift cards? Are you being too nice, or were you adamant? These things happen, it’s the lack of compensation part for an unequal room I’ve never heard of.

william.c.diercksen@disney.com - Bill Diercksen, Sr. VP for DVC

@tmc2469 were you in a regular hotel room at YC or club level? YC doesn’t have studios (with kitchenettes), nor do YC rooms have free laundry. If not club level, did they give you any room credits to pay for meals? Or any free access to laundry, which would have been included with a 1BR?
Regular hotel room. They gave me a $100 credit each day. Which only showed up as $50 initially, had to call member services and get them to fix it. There were no notes in my reservation to even get the $100. Had to wait 3 hours for a call back to confirm it. Spent twice as much on food because we had to eat out all meals.

Regular hotel room. They gave me a $100 credit each day. Which only showed up as $50 initially, had to call member services and get them to fix it. There were no notes in my reservation to even get the $100. Had to wait 3 hours for a call back to confirm it. Spent twice as much on food because we had to eat out all meals.
As a DVC member for more than 20 years, I have not stopped thinking about this since you posted originally. This is simply NOT OK. I’m furious just reading about it, so can’t imagine how you’re feeling.

I would definitely try emailing Bill Diercksen as noted above if you haven’t already. And even though I’m a loyal DVC member, if I were in your shoes at this point I would start taking to social media - Official DVC pages on Facebook, Instagram etc? Wherever you can post a public comment. Others more savvy than I may have more creative ideas, but public comments often do receive a direct response. I can imagine you’ve had it with this whole thing, but don’t give up! DVC has impacted you financially and otherwise with no acceptable reason.
So sorry this has happened to you and that DVC is responding in this manner - hang in there and keep us posted.

I think DVC really dropped the ball with the delay for the BW view units at BWV in both November and December. The worst part is that they waited until 3 days before check in date, at least for us, to notify members. Surely they could have foreseen this earlier. After a series of calls we were moved from a BWV studio to a renovated pool and garden room, with a $75 per day room credit. We were fortunate, but I booked a boardwalk/water view and I wanted at least a water view. They could not make that happen elsewhere. I did not have a need for a return of points, I wanted the water view that I have been booking for 14 years.

I am sorry. I would be upset with this as well. A regular hotel room is not the same as having an in room kitchen and laundry. I don't care if the other resort is considered an upgrade.

As a DVC member for more than 20 years, I have not stopped thinking about this since you posted originally. This is simply NOT OK. I’m furious just reading about it, so can’t imagine how you’re feeling.

I would definitely try emailing Bill Diercksen as noted above if you haven’t already. And even though I’m a loyal DVC member, if I were in your shoes at this point I would start taking to social media - Official DVC pages on Facebook, Instagram etc? Wherever you can post a public comment. Others more savvy than I may have more creative ideas, but public comments often do receive a direct response. I can imagine you’ve had it with this whole thing, but don’t give up! DVC has impacted you financially and otherwise with no acceptable reason.
So sorry this has happened to you and that DVC is responding in this manner - hang in there and keep us posted.
I emailed the President of DVC Stephanie Young twice. I never received a response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter