BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

That bare spot is pretty lol.

If you are driving I guess it might not be a bad idea to bring a couple of bag chairs to have some more seating over in that area lol

I had one in my car, as I visited Hilton Head on my way back home from my BWV visit in early December. It lives in my car for my beach trips as it's a regular height rather than a 'low' chair. It was tempting to bring it in, but I didn't spend a lot of time in the room as the weather was gorgeous up until my departure day.

Going back in February and staying at Beach Club Villas. From what I can see online they have the table that is under the TV that folds down with the smaller bed. I'll have more than enough seating while I stay there. I'm busy working on next year's visit and I'm booking a studio and a 1 bedroom that trip, If I'm lucky enough to catch the right days.

We decided to cancel our March BW stay, just seems too risky.

I can't believe how poorly Disney is handling the renovation delays. The number of reports of people being moved from larger units into normal hotel rooms is really disappointing - especially without any meaningful compensation.

That huge blank space where the table and chairs used to be looks so out of place. Very stark. First thought though was we could park a scooter there at night to be out of the way and charge overnight, but there are no plugs there either. Just odd looking.
The table in the studios was part of the single murphy bed and folded down to be a support underneath it. There wasn't a separate table.

The table in the studios was part of the single murphy bed and folded down to be a support underneath it. There wasn't a separate table.
Yes, that’s correct. I looked at some old pics and there’s a door where that space is. Possibly what’s missing that makes this space look so empty! I’m in an end room!

1703802969401.png

There was a separate round table with two chairs before the last reno. The attached table and chairs was the second set.

There was a separate round table with two chairs before the last reno. The attached table and chairs was the second set.
And up until the last reno (not current) that studio would have had the deacon's bench filling in open space along that wall.

It seems that rather than fill in the spaces in rooms that are not lock-offs the design team just left all rooms identical. Originally the designers filled in with additional furniture if they could in the dedicated rooms.

That was me.

They offered us a regular hotel room at the Inn side plus $100/night credit, but still at the 1 BR points. I guess I’m lucky in that they at least offered $100 for the 1BR to Inn studio downgrade. I still think it’s outrageous to not reduce to studio points. When I said I didn’t think that was a fair offer since I’m paying for a 1 BR and essentially getting a studio and not getting compensated for even their cash price difference that they charge for those rooms, the CM seemed to want to enjoy a good debate and replied that it was actually pretty generous of the resort because they could just contractually cancel.

This company is lost.
Any update on your situation?

Interested to hear updates as well. Not sure if it's already been shared, but saw Tom from WDWNT cover in yesterday's show:

Update - DVC made it right and moved us to a 1 BR at Beach Club instead!

I wish it didn’t take so many calls but happy with the outcome.
Glad it worked out. Disney should put a box of candy or something in your new room for causing such grief. I would have lost a lot of sleep not knowing what to do and feeling powerless.

Is anyone staying there now? How are the renos going? Probably everyone is sleeping late this morning. Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and the best year yet coming in 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter