BWV Refurb Progress

Oh my! All of this construction is so confusing! I was so excited to get Boardwalk seven months out but I just can't decide for sure what I should put in as my room request for a 2BR preferred view with the construction...I think I'm just going to stick with high floor refurbished room and keep my fingers crossed! We arrive in less than two weeks on March 20th. I originally had BCV and changed to BWV because I thought BWV would be done and BCV would be in the middle of their refurb...wondering if I messed up!

There's definitely a lot going on but it didn't disrupt our stay. Since more of the resort is refurbed than not you have an excellent chance to get a refurbed room, and all the high floors are done. Here's what you'll be seeing:

20160220_162829_zpsa1zv1vgu.jpg

20160220_162342_zpsyihk8rzf.jpg

20160220_162437_zps2dopwg5u.jpg

20160220_162530_zpsht0wd6qn.jpg

20160220_162544_zpsjktfcmat.jpg

Actually, if you don't mind a long walk down the halls the area looking towards the Swan/Dolphin didn't have any work going on there yet, although they will be moving around of course so they could be there in a couple of weeks. This was the view:

20160220_162607_zpsepvmkyrn.jpg

20160220_181347_zpsmru7riqd.jpg

Thanks for the maps. We were in a 1 bedroom, believe it was 5011. Heard they take 2 requests so asked for refurbished and had highest floor and close to elevator on profile. No biggie about the elevator since we got our 2 other requests and don't mind walking. Loved the refurbished rooms. Felt more cohesive and less dated. Kept the theme with pictures. Couch cushions kept sliding and felt very over-sized, though. Only real drawback was all the construction everywhere you turned; main pool sidewalks, Village Green and Wylands, plus Seashore Sweets, ESPN Arcade and Flying Fish. The Boardwalk tour was recently cancelled. About 1/4 of closest parking lot (near canal) taken up by fenced in area, the other 2/4 by valet parking. Less than 25% of the lot has parking within walking distance to the entrance. A shame they don't open that lot to DVC guests only and move the storage & valet parking elsewhere.

Popping in! Will start from the beginning of the thread and read through but looking for some helpful tips on what room to request? We have a standard 2BR and a garden studio booked for April 10-15 and I could use some advice on what to request taking into account the renovations going on. Our separate rooms don't need to be right next to each other but general vicinity would be good. Ages are seniors in the studio, and kids ages 6, 10, 12 in the 2BR (so no babies, no strollers, etc).

We will be staying in September and have a pool/garden view studio. Are there any of those refurbished yet and if so what room number's. I would like to be on a high floor if possible. Thanks for any suggestions. (2 adults no children)

Popping in! Will start from the beginning of the thread and read through but looking for some helpful tips on what room to request? We have a standard 2BR and a garden studio booked for April 10-15 and I could use some advice on what to request taking into account the renovations going on. Our separate rooms don't need to be right next to each other but general vicinity would be good. Ages are seniors in the studio, and kids ages 6, 10, 12 in the 2BR (so no babies, no strollers, etc).
I would request close to elevators. It just depends on what you like, really.... High floor you may see the fireworks. 2nd floor you will be on Lobby Level. Close to transportation will get you closer to the buses, but farther away from the elevators. I think the Std. Views are all pretty great! Enjoy your stay, and hope you get what you want!

We will be staying in September and have a pool/garden view studio. Are there any of those refurbished yet and if so what room number's. I would like to be on a high floor if possible. Thanks for any suggestions. (2 adults no children)
They 'should' be done with the renovations by September. They've been working from top floor down, sounds like they're doing 1st and 2nd floor rooms at this point, so if you request 'high floor', you should get a refurbed room.

Any updates on renovations? We are going to be there late June- July and wondering what to expect? Will they be finished?

I am curious too if there are any updates on the refurb for BWV since I will be there next month.

We're here right now! They are painting/working on the inn side right on the green and also the lookout building on the walk to Epcot. We're on the third floor in a refurb'd room. I can't say we're being adversely effected by the work. We requested higher floors.

Last week, we were in a second floor refurbished one bedroom. We really like the new look!

Question: do the BWL one bedrooms now sleep 5?? I thought no, but I am looking to book one night for my family of 5 in april and it is popping up as an option for 5

The
Question: do the BWL one bedrooms now sleep 5?? I thought no, but I am looking to book one night for my family of 5 in april and it is popping up as an option for 5

The refurb on the studios now includes a fold down twin bed. 2on the Queen, 2 on the pull out sofa, 1 on the pull down bed.

No. Still just king in master and queen sleeper sofa. 5th has always been an option but no bedding provided.

We just returned from a long weekend today; we stayed in a 2-BR (2105 & 2107) on the 2nd floor. They're working on the ground floor units on the standard side, sorry we didn't check out the preferred side so can't comment on that.
Fortunately, NO noise at all during our stay. Looks like the furniture etc. is being removed, so maybe the noisy tile removal comes next?
I don't like the "wood" floor in the 1-BR...I miss the carpet. It doesn't feel nice underfoot. I like the new kitchen tile on the walls; I dislike the knobs on the cabinets, they're gaudy; I like the subway tile in the shower, but I really missed the ledge (both inside and outside the shower!).
I like the new drapes, they're a lighter, more neutral color than the old ones.
The wall safes are new, using a code instead of a key.

We always seem to call housekeeping about something...this time, the toaster was missing in the 1-BR, as well as a large frying pan, called about both and they were brought over in about an hour.

We just returned from a long weekend today; we stayed in a 2-BR (2105 & 2107) on the 2nd floor. They're working on the ground floor units on the standard side, sorry we didn't check out the preferred side so can't comment on that.

So the entire 2nd floor in that standard/pool & garden view wing was open?

So the entire 2nd floor in that standard/pool & garden view wing was open?
Yes, we came in from the parking lot door. All the way to the lobby, the whole 2nd floor area was done. I was surprised, and expected to hear noise! Actually, we had requested ground floor (like we always do) but didn't get it because the whole of the ground floor standard view is under construction.

Yes, we came in from the parking lot door. All the way to the lobby, the whole 2nd floor area was done. I was surprised, and expected to hear noise! Actually, we had requested ground floor (like we always do) but didn't get it because the whole of the ground floor standard view is under construction.

Thanks! That's good news for our trip in a couple weeks since it means we'll get a renovated HA room with the vinyl flooring which will be better for my sister to move around on. Personally I like carpet though too. And I missed the shower ledge. ::yes::

Anyone know approximately when the renovations are scheduled to be complete?:confused3 MUCH THANKS in advance!:goodvibes:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter