Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

See you in October! Hoping WL works it's magic as right now we are staying in FOUR resorts over 10 nights!
2 nts Royal Pacific at USO
4 nts 1BR OKW
3 nts std 1BR BWV
1 nt std 1BR VGF
Yowza! WL'd for the 4 nts at BWV to replace the OKW. Wanted to save pts so that's why std BWV. I know chances are slim but keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Had to stay at VGF as how many chances will I get to stay at a brand new DVC opening week??!!

Yikes, that is a lot of split stays. I do want to try VGF, but not that way. I do hope your WL comes thru.

Hello fellow Kentuckians!:goodvibes

I love to see so many people headed to our happy place! I have to wait another six months and seventeen days.......:scared1:

I'm staying at BCV. Anyone have information to share on experiences here? Of course, we're going for Stormalong Bay, the rest is gravy!

Never been there (yet). I've been to all the WDW ones except BCV & VGF. I'm going to try and get BCV for Spring Break though.

Unfortunately, we've had to cancel our October trip. DH is having knee surgery on Oct 15th (we were to be in Orlando 18th-27th). MS were awesome as they let me cancel the trip and didn't put the points into holding (our OKW portion was within the 31 day window).

Anyhow, we've rescheduled for March 27-April 2. Staying 2 nights at Royal Pacific at USO then 4 nights at AKV Jambo value 1BR. I was hoping for a whole week but DH wants to take DS9 to STEM camp April 3-6 so had to compromise. :)

It amazed me that at less than 6 months out that DVC availability is WIDE OPEN. The only 1BR that is booked up was BLT std view. I had no trouble snagging an AKV value 1BR which I've heard were very limited numbers.

Airfare is scaring me though! We have SW credits to use before June (which is why the spring break trip). Please tell me the prices will come down! I'm looking at more than double what we paid for our Oct tickets. OUCH! (Even with the credits!)

We are only planning 1 park day as we have some old hoppers to use. MK & Epcot then maybe hopping to DHS for Star Tours for DH & the boys.

We have 2 days at USO at the beginning of the trip, one day at Gatorland for DH and since it's a short trip just one day at the WDW parks.

I've already made our Crystal Palace, 'Ohana & Cape May reservations. Now to figure out where else we want to dine...

Hi from Sandy Hook, Ky! I bet nobody has heard of that one, lol... Our contract was sent to Disney for ROFR yesterday.. Fingers crossed that we will be dvc owners soon!!

Hi from Sandy Hook, Ky! I bet nobody has heard of that one, lol... Our contract was sent to Disney for ROFR yesterday.. Fingers crossed that we will be dvc owners soon!!

Oh yeah, I know where SH is. Have traveled eastern part of the State for business many years.

Hope your ROFR goes well and swift. Let us know the contract details and your home resort.

New VGF owners from Louisville! Signed our paperwork Monday and already have our winter break planned. Hoping for no snow because JCPS took the week away in 2014-2015.

New VGF owners from Louisville! Signed our paperwork Monday and already have our winter break planned. Hoping for no snow because JCPS took the week away in 2014-2015.

Welcome home, from well, your hometown. Hope you love VGF.

Welcome home! It's been awhile since I have posted anything, have been very busy. Like to keep up with this thread even though we live in S. IN. across from Louisville. DH & family is from Louisville and he works in Louisville so KY is still part of our daily lives.

We just returned from Aulani in Sept. It has to be the most relaxing place we have ever stayed. We never wanted to leave the resort! Everyone needs to try to make it there sometime, but beware you will never want to leave and will constantly try to figure out when you can go back. :rotfl:

Next trip is 12/7 - 12/14 at BLT.
Doing Disney cruise to Alaska 6/2/14. Still have a lot of planning to do for this one!
Still wanting to fit in an early March to WDW yet this spring. Will be hard to go 6 months without a Disney fix! :rotfl2:

Reviving the thread! Any Bluegrass peeps heading down soon or just returned?

We'll be flying down March 26th, staying that night at the HIE near Universal then staying 2 nights at Royal Pacific. Then on to our first stay at AKV Kidani 1BR std for 7 nights! Can't wait! Can't wait! It's been a long 2.5 years since we've been to WDW so I need a trip. Plus, I need to get away from this CRAZY winter!

Unfortunately no 2014 trips for us. We did go 3 times in 2013 and did DCL also. We have DCL booked for 2015 with plans for a week in the park too so we cant complain too much. 2014 is a vacation fund replenishment year for us! Have a great trip.

Reviving the thread! Any Bluegrass peeps heading down soon or just returned? We'll be flying down March 26th, staying that night at the HIE near Universal then staying 2 nights at Royal Pacific. Then on to our first stay at AKV Kidani 1BR std for 7 nights! Can't wait! Can't wait! It's been a long 2.5 years since we've been to WDW so I need a trip. Plus, I need to get away from this CRAZY winter!

We are heading down in just a short 30 days! We will be staying at AKL this time around with a couple of good friends. We are also making another Christmas trip this year! We will stay in POR during that vacation though. We are super excited for our upcoming trip despite some dining reservations mishaps that occurred.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We'll be flying down March 26th, staying that night at the HIE near Universal then staying 2 nights at Royal Pacific. Then on to our first stay at AKV Kidani 1BR std for 7 nights! Can't wait! Can't wait! It's been a long 2.5 years since we've been to WDW so I need a trip. Plus, I need to get away from this CRAZY winter!

We'll be there first week in April. We are staying at BCV for the first time and are really excited.

We will be checking into AKV-K on March 29th, checking out April 5th. We may run into both of you, AirGoofy and kasedroz. :wave2:
BCV is my home AirGoofy. Hope you love it. Our boys are disappointed we are not staying at BCV this time as they love SB. We haven't told them we are staying at AKV-K yet so I hope they will be excited when we check in.

We will be checking into AKV-K on March 29th, checking out April 5th. We may run into both of you, AirGoofy and kasedroz. :wave2:
BCV is my home AirGoofy. Hope you love it. Our boys are disappointed we are not staying at BCV this time as they love SB. We haven't told them we are staying at AKV-K yet so I hope they will be excited when we check in.

We have never been to BCV before, and we are looking forward to SAB. We liked the savanna view at AKV really well. It is a nice resort and fun to watch the animals.

We are headed down in about 30 days. DS & I will be staying at BLT. DH will be staying off site with a school group. It's going to be a strange trip for us, but I didn't want to stay off site & school group can't stay on site! We'll have 3 days in the parks & 1 day at Universal. It'll be a short trip for us, but I'm excited to be at BLT!

We are on our way home to Louisville right now. Stayed at BLT and it was amazing. We are new DVCers with ownership at VGF, so we will be staying there in October.

Heading down in mid May for a stay in a 2 bedroom at BLT. First time for my DMil and DBIL!

We are headed down in about 30 days. DS & I will be staying at BLT. DH will be staying off site with a school group. It's going to be a strange trip for us, but I didn't want to stay off site & school group can't stay on site! We'll have 3 days in the parks & 1 day at Universal. It'll be a short trip for us, but I'm excited to be at BLT!

We are on our way home to Louisville right now. Stayed at BLT and it was amazing. We are new DVCers with ownership at VGF, so we will be staying there in October.

Heading down in mid May for a stay in a 2 bedroom at BLT. First time for my DMil and DBIL!

We own at BWV, and after this BCV trip this Spring Break, we will have stayed at all of them except VGF. BLT is a great resort, and that walk to MK is even better. We have never stayed in a 2 BR though at any resort, only studios or 1 BR. I think BLT is my favorite of them all, because of the proximity to Cinderella's Castle. Maybe once we win the lottery, I can buy enough points to stay at BLT for three consecutive months in the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter