Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

Strange, we were told no discount available for booking ABD on our Fantasy Cruise... was that just for DVC members or something?
It's an on-again, off-again offer. They only offer it if there's an ABD Guide on the ship to do the bookings. It's apparently kind of pot-luck as to whether the booking offer will be available on any particular Fantasy cruise or not.

Sayhello

It's an on-again, off-again offer. They only offer it if there's an ABD Guide on the ship to do the bookings. It's apparently kind of pot-luck as to whether the booking offer will be available on any particular Fantasy cruise or not.

Sayhello

We did have an ABD guide on our ship but I am pretty sure I was told there was no discount. The 2014 itineraries weren't out yet so that may have been part of it.

We did have an ABD guide on our ship but I am pretty sure I was told there was no discount. The 2014 itineraries weren't out yet so that may have been part of it.
That may have been why. I know a lot of people were reporting no discount until just recently.

Sayhello

We are so excited to have finally booked an ABD vacation. We have booked the July 5 departure. We have been considering one for several years, but I could not pull the trigger. Loved the new itinerary when in came out. Then, we found out that new friends from our Spring Break Fantasy cruise were considering booking. That made me finally get off the fence, make the date, and take the leap. We met Karen from NC (West&east) this spring and our boys became best buds. The parents spent several evenings gazing at the view of Prague in Skyline lounge. Who would have guessed then that we will get to see it together.

Travelling will be me, DH, DS (11 at travel) and DD (9 at travel). We live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Looking forward to meeting you all and planning over the next year. We were originally considering late July so now our trip is even sooner than I originally expected.
Hilary

We are so excited to have finally booked an ABD vacation. We have booked the July 5 departure. We have been considering one for several years, but I could not pull the trigger. Loved the new itinerary when in came out. Then, we found out that new friends from our Spring Break Fantasy cruise were considering booking. That made me finally get off the fence, make the date, and take the leap. We met Karen from NC (West&east) this spring and our boys became best buds. The parents spent several evenings gazing at the view of Prague in Skyline lounge. Who would have guessed then that we will get to see it together.

Travelling will be me, DH, DS (11 at travel) and DD (9 at travel). We live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Looking forward to meeting you all and planning over the next year. We were originally considering late July so now our trip is even sooner than I originally expected.
Hilary

Welcome to the July 5 trip! We have opposite aged kids. My DD will be 11 at time of travel, and my DS will be 9. But my DD gets along great with younger girls. (She is on the petite side so often participates in activities like gymanstics with younger girls.) So looking forward to this trip and to meeting you and West&east. So cool that you met on a cruise. We have done our last several DCL cruises with good friends, and we are doing the Scotland ABD together in August. They are considering booking this trip as well but are deciding between it and one of the DCL Med cruises.

We've got our pre-nights booked for our trip. We've got 4 booked right now, but might cut that back to 3 once we book our flights. We are going to try to use miles for the flights.

Very excited to have booked this for July 5 2014!
It will be DH and DD who will then be 9. Happy to see the other 9 year olds.
We are about to leave for my 3rd, their 4th ABD, and her biggest concern is being the youngest again ......

We are about to leave for my 3rd, their 4th ABD, and her biggest concern is being the youngest again ......

Which ABD are you about to leave on?

OK, so I am seriously considering signing up for this trip. I'm *that* close to pulling the trigger.

I was talking to ABD today about the trip, and asked the Vacationista what the name was for this trip. And she told me they aren't doing the "cute little names" any more. That makes me sad. I love the "cute little names"!

Sayhello

OK, so I am seriously considering signing up for this trip. I'm *that* close to pulling the trigger.

I was talking to ABD today about the trip, and asked the Vacationista what the name was for this trip. And she told me they aren't doing the "cute little names" any more. That makes me sad. I love the "cute little names"!

Sayhello

I agree! I liked the themes!! How excited are we that we leave for "Once Upon a Fairytale" a week from today?!!!!!!!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I agree! I liked the themes!! How excited are we that we leave for "Once Upon a Fairytale" a week from today?!!!!!!!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
:thumbsup2 You're going to have a fabulous time!

Sayhello

Wow, can't wait to hear about your other trips. If my count is correct we have 17 people accounted for on the July 5th trip!
I'm thinking of starting a facebook private group for our group so we can chat more. Are you all on facebook?

Wow, can't wait to hear about your other trips. If my count is correct we have 17 people accounted for on the July 5th trip!
I'm thinking of starting a facebook private group for our group so we can chat more. Are you all on facebook?

Yes to Facebook.

Oops. Also meant to say that the July 5 trip is now the highest in price for the Central Europe ABDs.

I have just joined the boards after lurking for awhile. My daughters and I have signed up for this trip next year. We will be going on the June 14th. We are so excited. This will be our 3rd ABD. We have done Viva Italia in 2007 and Esprit de France last year. We are trying to decide to add another day in Prague. What do you think?

I have just joined the boards after lurking for awhile. My daughters and I have signed up for this trip next year. We will be going on the June 14th. We are so excited. This will be our 3rd ABD. We have done Viva Italia in 2007 and Esprit de France last year. We are trying to decide to add another day in Prague. What do you think?
Welcome to the DISBoards & the ABD Forum! I *HIGHLY* recommend adding at least one day to the start of your trip! It gives you time to get over jetlag, and allows some leeway in case of flight issues, which makes for a less stressful travel day.

Do you want to list your daughters' ages on the Roll Call in the first post?

Sayhello

Thanks for the welcome!!! My daughters are both adults and would probably hate me if I mentioned their ages. We will definitely take your recommendation on an adding another day. We just needed to know if it would be worth it!

Thanks for the welcome!!! My daughters are both adults and would probably hate me if I mentioned their ages. We will definitely take your recommendation on an adding another day. We just needed to know if it would be worth it!
Hee! :) Usually we put the kids' ages so that others will know if any kids their own childrens' age are going. I just put '2 adult daughters' for you! :thumbsup2

Personally, *I* think the pre-day is worth it. Either through ABD or booked on your own. Depends on how expensive it is through ABD, and how much you want the convenience of ABD's transfers. You kind of have to judge each itinerary separately, because some pre-days are more pricey than others!

Sayhello

My family just booked our 4th ABD trip to Central Europe for next July 12th using the bounceback offer from our recent trip to Italy.
It will be myself, my husband, 11 year old son (turning 12 on the trip), 9 year old son, and 7 year old daughter.
Looking forward to it!
Jennifer

My family just booked our 4th ABD trip to Central Europe for next July 12th using the bounceback offer from our recent trip to Italy.
It will be myself, my husband, 11 year old son (turning 12 on the trip), 9 year old son, and 7 year old daughter.
Looking forward to it!
Jennifer

We too are booked for the July 12th trip. I too have a 7 year old daughter! At that age kids get along pretty well. My other daughter is 17 years old.
This will be our first ABD trip and we took the plunge to try it for the first time. My twin brother has been on 7 in the past and he finally convinced me to try it this time.
My wife and I are sooooooooo excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter