Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

Yeah, they let us get the bounce back discount! Getting close to being able to book airfares.
Calfan, SE Asia and China were both really hot....and they are on the long end so would be tough to do back to back. SE Asia does have some downtime, I recall China having almost none (but the World Expo was on when we were in Shanghai, so that made for a long day). PM me if you want.

They started giving out the bounceback offers for "Guests traveling on any Adventures by Disney vacation between 6/1/2013 and 9/29/2013".

Sayhello

We got one last week at the end of our Germany trip. I know one of the parties we traveled with were booking right away for next year. We can't decide that quickly! Not sure which location to pick! Austria, Australia, or Italy are the top three for now. (Not sure I can handle a flight to Australia though!)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We got one last week at the end of our Germany trip. I know one of the parties we traveled with were booking right away for next year. We can't decide that quickly! Not sure which location to pick! Austria, Australia, or Italy are the top three for now. (Not sure I can handle a flight to Australia though!)

Go to Greece! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Hello all! Add us to the roll call for July 12, 2014. I'm Kim, DH Pradeep, DS Deven age 8, DD Nora age 7.
We met Jennifer and her family on Viva Italia earlier this month - trip report to follow - and this will be our second ABD.
We know one other family that has booked this week - they have an 8 year old son as well.

Our trip is June 14th. We called yesterday to add a pre-day and were told that ours was at 75% capacity.

Hi, all. We are back from our Scotland ABD. We had a fabulous time. One of my immediate to dos upon returning home was to try to book our return airfare from Vienna on miles. (I had booked our flights to Prague using miles before we left for Scotland, but it was too early for the return). Happy to say I was successful. We are spending one extra night in Vienna and are returning home on July 14. I was waiting to start researching activities for our Prague pre-days until after our Scotland trip (one trip at a time, right?), but now all of the focus is on Central Europe!

Hi, all. We are back from our Scotland ABD. We had a fabulous time. One of my immediate to dos upon returning home was to try to book our return airfare from Vienna on miles. (I had booked our flights to Prague using miles before we left for Scotland, but it was too early for the return). Happy to say I was successful. We are spending one extra night in Vienna and are returning home on July 14. I was waiting to start researching activities for our Prague pre-days until after our Scotland trip (one trip at a time, right?), but now all of the focus is on Central Europe!

Congrats on getting your airfare taken care of! We are debating taking this trip for next year. We do wait until the new year, so hopefully there will be some dates available! Lol

Has anyone either been to Prague before or done some research and can recommend a couple of day trips that my family can do from Prague on our pre-days? I have done some Internet research and have come up with Karlstejn Castle, Karlovy Vary and the Pilsner Urquell brewery as possiblities, but I would love some first-hand (or more thoroughly researched) advice. Probably want something within 2 hours or less of Prague by train or other transport. Thanks!

Not much discussion here lately. I just booked a prenight at the Prague Marriott- two rooms using points. Now to try to figure out our flights!

We also just booked a pre-night at the Marriott in Prague (using points, much less expensive than the $650 ABD charges for the pre-night).

Also booked 4 post-trip days in Munich.

Has anyone either been to Prague before or done some research and can recommend a couple of day trips that my family can do from Prague on our pre-days? I have done some Internet research and have come up with Karlstejn Castle, Karlovy Vary and the Pilsner Urquell brewery as possiblities, but I would love some first-hand (or more thoroughly researched) advice. Probably want something within 2 hours or less of Prague by train or other transport. Thanks!

We traveled to Prague last year. Wonderful! Here are a few tour companies that offer basically the same type of tours. We did a couple and we traveled on mini vans as well as a ship on the river. 1: www.praguer.com. 2: www.prague-portal.com. 3: www.pragueallinclusive.com. 4: www.martintour.cz and if you are interested in the past occupation by the USSR than www.prague-communism-tour.com. We just spent a full day walking and exploring on our own. Easy-peasy.

We also just booked a pre-night at the Marriott in Prague (using points, much less expensive than the $650 ABD charges for the pre-night).

Also booked 4 post-trip days in Munich.

I wish we had stayed a few extra days in Munich. Such a beautiful city!

Hi everyone!

I just booked our family on the July 12 tour! It sounds like we got the last 2 rooms. This will be our first ABD!

Please add us to the roll call! It will be me, DH, DMIL and DS6 (almost 7). I'm so happy to see there will be children close to my son's age on the trip! We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

I have a question about pre-stays and I'm hoping someone can help. We plan to fly to Prague at least one day prior to the tour. I know it will be cheaper if I book the rooms at the Prague Marriott myself, but I'm nervous they will make us switch rooms when the tour starts. Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, if I book the pre-stay through ABD, will they provide the transport from the airport to the hotel? Or do they still only do that on the day the tour starts.

We plan on heading to Budapest after the tour - have to start researching that too! We are so excited!

Hi everyone!

I just booked our family on the July 12 tour! It sounds like we got the last 2 rooms. This will be our first ABD!

Please add us to the roll call! It will be me, DH, DMIL and DS6 (almost 7). I'm so happy to see there will be children close to my son's age on the trip! We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

I have a question about pre-stays and I'm hoping someone can help. We plan to fly to Prague at least one day prior to the tour. I know it will be cheaper if I book the rooms at the Prague Marriott myself, but I'm nervous they will make us switch rooms when the tour starts. Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, if I book the pre-stay through ABD, will they provide the transport from the airport to the hotel? Or do they still only do that on the day the tour starts.

We plan on heading to Budapest after the tour - have to start researching that too! We are so excited!
Hi, Marthasor! Congrats on booking your first ABD! :cheer2: But one word of caution: They are *HIGHLY* addictive! :thumbsup2

I've added you to the Roll Call.

I've never booked the same hotel myself for pre-days (I've either booked a different hotel, or gone through ABD) but I have heard several people say they were allowed to stay in the same room as for the ABD (obviously let them know you're there to join an ABD). Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.

If you book the pre-stay through ABD, then it *does* include the transfer from the airport to the Hotel.

Sayhello

Hi, Marthasor! Congrats on booking your first ABD! :cheer2: But one word of caution: They are *HIGHLY* addictive! :thumbsup2 I've added you to the Roll Call. I've never booked the same hotel myself for pre-days (I've either booked a different hotel, or gone through ABD) but I have heard several people say they were allowed to stay in the same room as for the ABD (obviously let them know you're there to join an ABD). Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences. If you book the pre-stay through ABD, then it *does* include the transfer from the airport to the Hotel. Sayhello

We booked a pre-day with ABD in Heidelberg and received the airport transfer. We did not have to change rooms for our stay. It was worth the convenience!

We're booked on the August 2 trip. It is my husband and I, and our three daughters, who will be 16, 20, and 22. So excited! The August 2 departure recently picked up a lot more guests. Anyone else signed up?

We booked a pre-day with ABD in Heidelberg and received the airport transfer. We did not have to change rooms for our stay. It was worth the convenience!

Thank you and thank you, too, sayhello. I'll call ABD and see how much it costs to book the pre-stay through them. It sounds like it will be more convenient. Thank you!

Thank you and thank you, too, sayhello. I'll call ABD and see how much it costs to book the pre-stay through them. It sounds like it will be more convenient. Thank you!

When we looked at it, the pre-day was $650. If you book directly with Marriott, the room cost was ~$230 for one night. The estimated taxi from the airport to the Marriott was ~$30. We booked the pre-night on our own (decided to use Marriott reward points and save a few more dollars).

When we looked at it, the pre-day was $650. If you book directly with Marriott, the room cost was ~$230 for one night. The estimated taxi from the airport to the Marriott was ~$30. We booked the pre-night on our own (decided to use Marriott reward points and save a few more dollars).

If you book the pre- night on your own at the same hotel, do you still get the transfers?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter