Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

My family just booked our 4th ABD trip to Central Europe for next July 12th using the bounceback offer from our recent trip to Italy.
It will be myself, my husband, 11 year old son (turning 12 on the trip), 9 year old son, and 7 year old daughter.
Looking forward to it!
Jennifer
You got a bounceback offer that allowed you to book a trip for next summer? The bounceback offer I got was only good for trips through April of 2014! Well, darn!

Sayhello

The card they gave us on our last night describing the bounceback does say valid from 6/14/13 to 4/24/14 but when I called ABD directly and asked for the 5% if booking again within 14 days of our tour ending they gave it to me without any argument. They also gave us an additional $100 per person for being frequent ABD travelers (I think it is called Insiders.) They offered the same deals to friends of ours using a travel agent.

The card they gave us on our last night describing the bounceback does say valid from 6/14/13 to 4/24/14 but when I called ABD directly and asked for the 5% if booking again within 14 days of our tour ending they gave it to me without any argument. They also gave us an additional $100 per person for being frequent ABD travelers (I think it is called Insiders.) They offered the same deals to friends of ours using a travel agent.

All of that would be combinable with the Dreams Unlimited Travel booking discount.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Do they give those cards on every trip? We didn't get one on our Scotland trip a couple of weeks ago.

We got one after our June 2013 trip to Wyoming. Unfortunately, we had already booked the Prague, Austria, Germany trip for next year, and we can't get a credit. I guess in this case it would have paid for us to wait.

We got one after our June 2013 trip to Wyoming. Unfortunately, we had already booked the Prague, Austria, Germany trip for next year, and we can't get a credit. I guess in this case it would have paid for us to wait.

Who knows though, since the prices have gone up substantially since opening day for most of the trips.

Who knows though, since the prices have gone up substantially since opening day for most of the trips.

True. But, being DVC members one of the perks is you get the opening price regardless of when you book. The only advantage was we got the date we wanted.

I guess I'm mostly mad at myself for not asking, but I think it's highly unfair of ABD to put conditions on an offer that they don't enforce if asked not to. It never occurred to me that they didn't really mean it was only good for trips through April of 2014.

I'm starting to consider alternate plans to an ABD for this year.

Sayhello

I guess I'm mostly mad at myself for not asking, but I think it's highly unfair of ABD to put conditions on an offer that they don't enforce if asked not to. It never occurred to me that they didn't really mean it was only good for trips through April of 2014.

I'm starting to consider alternate plans to an ABD for this year.

Sayhello

It would be nice if they offered them to every guest and not just certain ones. Although it sounds like everybody who has been on a trip this year got the offer, except me. :sad:

It would be nice if they offered them to every guest and not just certain ones. Although it sounds like everybody who has been on a trip this year got the offer, except me. :sad:
They started giving out the bounceback offers for "Guests traveling on any Adventures by Disney vacation between 6/1/2013 and 9/29/2013".

Sayhello

True. But, being DVC members one of the perks is you get the opening price regardless of when you book. The only advantage was we got the date we wanted.

Good point. We are also DVC members. I thought about testing the opening price perk to wait until after our Scotland ABD to book Central Europe (just to make sure we like the ABD product, since Scotland is our first one). But then I got worried that our preferred date might fill up, and I also wanted to take advantage of the Dreams Unlimited early booking offer. I'm pretty much assuming I am going to love ABD, so I'm not too worried about having pulled the trigger for another one on opening day, LOL.

Just finished SE Asia and now hoping we can rebook to get the discount.....we have also done China and South Africa, and DH and DD did Wyoming. Looking forward to a "cooler" trip next summer than what we just did - although it was fabulous!

Just finished SE Asia and now hoping we can rebook to get the discount.....we have also done China and South Africa, and DH and DD did Wyoming. Looking forward to a "cooler" trip next summer than what we just did - although it was fabulous!

How hot was SE Asia? My "pie in the sky" master plan for 2015 (or later) is to do the China and SE Asia ABDs back to back. But I will admit that I do not like heat. I will probably just have to grin and bear it if I want to see that part of the world.

Very excited. Just went on the United website and was able to book saver award tickets using miles for the four of us from San Francisco to Prague on Lufthansa. We arrive in Prague on July 1 for a few pre-days. I was shocked that any mileage awards were available, let alone saver awards. It is too early to try for the return flights from Vienna. I will have to work on those when we get home from our Scotland ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter