• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Music

I can't stand the song where the kid wants to buy red shoes for his mother for Christmas... so she can wear them to meet Jesus. She's dying... SO not a happy holidays kind of song, or a religious Christmas song, or... UGH.

Horrible, nauseating song with a terrible message. Your mother is on her death bed. Better go to the mall and BUY something.

Definitely TSO - especially Sarajevo/Christmas Eve (my son seems to love this one, too), Mad Russian's Christmas, and Christmas Canon Rock (the first 30 seconds of which were my bridal processional when I married DH - the DJ looped the second section of it to make it longer)
Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie and Bing Crosby
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid (the original - hey, I'm a child of the 80s. And Simon LeBon gets a few lines ;) )
Carol of the Bells - This Ascension
O Holy Night - Cruxshadows
Happy Christmas - John Lennon

One person I didn't see mentioned - MITCH MILLER. My grandfather - with whom I grew up - LOVED Mitch Miller! We still have his Christmas records, which I was able to record to CD so we can still listen. And what do you know - I met and married a guy who not only knows Mitch Miller, but enjoys him as well!

My very favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. I smile and give thanks to God to just think of it. I am traditional all the way, though a few years ago I discovered a new (to me) song called "When Love Was Born," by Mark Schultz.

My Christmas tradition is from Thanksgiving to New Years, Nsync's Christmas album doesn't leave my CD player. :D But this year I'm mixing things up a bit by adding in 98°'s two Christmas albums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter