CLOSED Sketch Swap Progress

Annie -thanks for everything this morning! And, thanks for getting me in as a second Beach on group 17! I am going to make a shopping list...heading to the store tomorrow!!

Can I now add group 13 (sorry...I know I had you switch it out this morning), sketch #17SA and Group L, sketch #59SD please?

Ann, you asked Erin about group 17...I know she's leaving at 8:30 this morning so she's probably logged off. She and I pm'ed recently and I know she wanted either beach or zoo. I think she's prefer being in the next group and not taking playground which is open.

I don't mind doing playground, if Erin wants zoo. I am also fine with two beaches in the group too. Just wanted to offer it up, but since Erin has already started her shopping list :goodvibes LOL!! Either way I am fine!

Also, thanks for being my buddy Nan!

I don't mind doing playground, if Erin wants zoo. I am also fine with two beaches in the group too. Just wanted to offer it up, but since Erin has already started her shopping list :goodvibes LOL!! Either way I am fine!

Also, thanks for being my buddy Nan!

LOL I figured while paper is 40% off at AC Moore!! Annie switched me to Beach...so I'm happy there! :goodvibes Thanks so much for the offer though Michelle!

Thank you Michelle. I don't have a lot of ocean beach photos myself, but I do have a lot from when they played on the beach at WL. I'm just going to use those photos. LOL

Up to date to here.

OK, I think I will opt out of the single page girl group (looks like I should have signed up for the two layout after reading all the post- drats for being out of town in the sticks :lmao:) so if you don't mind- go ahead and remove me.

I think I will take group 5 and 17a-pool. The sketches are TBA, but I will make sure they are not dulpicates within the group :goodvibes

Are we not allowed to do the same sketch more than once in a group? I thought it was ok, but I want to be sure I am doing it right and not taking anyone else's choices. Or, is it up to personal preference? Just for me...double-checking myself!! LOL And, if it is not allowed and I doubled anyone else and they changed because of me...I am sorry and will pick something else...please let me know!! :hug:

Hi Ann!
My request for Group 17 got missed this morning--no biggie. I know it was CRAZY SLOW!! I'm wondering if you can add me to
Group 17a – Sunny Days
Beach
Title: Sand In My Toes
Sketch #4SA
I saw you made a change to allow 2 beachy pages for grp. 17. I can use more than 1 beach layout after our recent trip. I really would rather do the beach idea than playground or zoo because I have an idea that I saw once in a magazine where the title is done with paper piercing to look like sand. I can't describe it, but I tore out the picture and have been saving it all these years to try it.

Not sure how others in the group feel about it. If not, that is OK. It never hurts to ask, right?

Are we not allowed to do the same sketch more than once in a group? I thought it was ok, but I want to be sure I am doing it right and not taking anyone else's choices. Or, is it up to personal preference? Just for me...double-checking myself!! LOL And, if it is not allowed and I doubled anyone else and they changed because of me...I am sorry and will pick something else...please let me know!! :hug:

I'm sure Annie said we could use the same sketches. I know I just swapped because there we so many sketches that I liked :)

Hi Ann!
My request for Group 17 got missed this morning--no biggie. I know it was CRAZY SLOW!! I'm wondering if you can add me to
Group 17a – Sunny Days
Beach
Title: Sand In My Toes
Sketch #4SA
I saw you made a change to allow 2 beachy pages for grp. 17. I can use more than 1 beach layout after our recent trip. I really would rather do the beach idea than playground or zoo because I have an idea that I saw once in a magazine where the title is done with paper piercing to look like sand. I can't describe it, but I tore out the picture and have been saving it all these years to try it.

Not sure how others in the group feel about it. If not, that is OK. It never hurts to ask, right?

If Traci's request is ok Annie, I can do the Zoo pages for that group. I have TONSSSSSSSSSS of Beach photos!! Up to you...just wanted to offer!!

I'm sure Annie said we could use the same sketches. I know I just swapped because there we so many sketches that I liked :)

Ahhhh....ok...thanks Cheryl! Well, if anyone else wants me to switch so I don't duplicate...please let me know!!

Annie - question...for sketch 17SA where the stars and stitcing go through the 4x4 photo spot...how do we tackle that? If I sew my embellies down, the photo can't be that big or has to sit on top of them. Thanks!!

Sorry about missing groups. With the slowness yesterday morning, I should have gone back through it all.

Doubling on sketches is fine. I'm pretty sure I put that in the rules. There is no way anyone is going to make the exact same layout even using the same sketch. Last time we had groups of four using the same sketches and all of them looked different.
ETA I didn't, it was only the titles I specified. Let me go fix that.
Let me go through and make the necessary changes.

With the stars and stitching, can you stitch through acetate or those clear backings from Jolee stickers [some are much thinner than others]? Just where the photo would be. I do that with the stickers that go over top of the photos. Leave the clear backing just over the mat part so the photo can be slid in.

The positioning of the stars in the sketch for that last small photo is through the top half...so that the stitching would actually be on the photo. SO, according to that, you couldn't slide the photo under. But, if you are ok with it, I could probably just scoot each mat (one up and one down) a little. Then, there would be a bit of room to put the shapes between them. It's up to you...alters it a little.

That sounds fine. Like I said early, you are allowed to take all the necessary liberty to the sketch to make it work for you. Go for it. :thumbsup2

I will sign up for 2 more groups:

Group 11 Christmas Sketch 17SA
I will also close out the group 47SD Disney colors

Thanks.

Hanne

That sounds fine. Like I said early, you are allowed to take all the necessary liberty to the sketch to make it work for you. Go for it. :thumbsup2

OK...thanks!! LOL I just didn't want to take the liberties too far!! As long as the hostess is good with it...I'll go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter