College Football 2021

Where in the heck was this Bama team hiding all year!? I mean...the O line blocked! That man cannot be doubted.

Glad to see Cincy will get a shot.

Very real chance after his performance tonight that Bryce Young might makes Bama a Heisman winner two years in a row.

Where in the heck was this Bama team hiding all year!? I mean...the O line blocked! That man cannot be doubted.

Very real chance after his performance tonight that Bryce Young might makes Bama a Heisman winner two years in a row.

@tiggerdad, I think this team poked their head out of the sand late in the 3rd quarter of the Auburn game. (They SURE did wait long enough IMO).

You are right. If not Bryce for Heisman, then who? :confused3

So Michigan is in, this should make @PaHunter smile.

Cincinnati will represent the "little guys" and I think they've done a great job this year.

Bama in obviously

Georgia is likely though the fact they lost by 17 might be enough to give Notre Dame a nod, but I doubt it. Had Oklahoma State performed well they might of had a shot with Georgia loss but they didn't fair so well.

Let's line em up!

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Play ball!

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Play ball!

That's the order I had them in, @tiggerdad.

Bama-Cincy will play in the Cotton Bowl on NYE with Mich-Ga in the Orange Bowl (also on NYE).

Game times for these two will be set soon (not predetermined) but I hope we get the afternoon time slot and not the prime time/night game time slot. I'm sure tv will slot things for ratings so I may need a nap before the Bama game.

Also hearing Ole Miss will be playing Baylor in the Sugar Bowl. NOLA may never be the same once the Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty crowd descends on the French Quarter. OM earned it so I'm glad to see new teams in some of the NY6 bowls.

Bama Ed

PS - happy for @PaHunter's Michigan Wolverines to get the #2 ranking. They need to win over Georgia so the country doesn't have to listen to all the whine about an all SEC school championship game in the second round. We'll try to beat Cincy (I can see the Skyline pix coming).

Last edited:
Cinci and Michigan are going to have to pray pretty hard to Jobu and Bama or GA are going to have to steal his rum for it not to be a SEC Champ rematch.

This is the part that folks don't get when they talk about expanding the college football playoff field to possibly 12 teams (conference champs, G5 rep, and more of the best remaining). Well Ole Miss is currently 8th this year so if we had a 12 team field, OM would probably get in the 12 somewhere and we would have THREE SEC teams. And since in the SEC, "It Just Means More" ....

SEC-It-Just-Means-More.gif

.... you could go through the early rounds with 12 teams and there could STILL be three SEC teams remaining. Imagine the angst if three SEC teams were in the final four. :rotfl2:

So if ya'll would quit playing high school 7-on-7 schemes and actually develop speed and skill on defense, you could play with the SEC. Lincoln Riley left OU because the thought of joining the SEC and getting whipped by the top half of the SEC hurt his ego (I think). So more teams in the playoffs means more money for the Southeastern Conference.

giphy.gif

That's SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey above counting out the per team payouts after all the bowl money rolls in.

Good talk, Jack.

good-talk-chevy-chase.gif

Ed

PS - we're all waiting for the incoming SEC Shorts YT video tomorrow. Folks want "Hope" (the girl in love with Georgia this season) to make an appearance. Go to their YT site and see her two previous vids in the last six months to get caught up on the story. That's IF Hope shows up in the video tomorrow.

Last edited:

Yep, waiting on SEC Shorts vid on tomorrow. You can bet Hope will be there.

SEC Rollcall is another YouTube video to watch if you're an SEC fan. He's also on the SEC Shorts videos sometimes.

I see Auburn made the Birmingham Bowl. Good to see them back at the old dueling arena. Again...

The SEC has 13 teams in bowl games this year, I think that pretty much sums up the SEC as a meat grinder.

Cincy is hard to gauge, their only real opponent this year was Notre Dame (Overrated U), but us Bama folks know from past experience about doubting smaller schools in the big bowls. Utah...

Michigan vs Georgia is a very interesting match up indeed. Khaki Pants needed this. He's had it in for SEC schools since he landed in Michigan. Careful what you wish...

Baylor vs Ole Miss in sugar bowl is good matchup. If they can keep Kiffen off Bourbon Street...

Penn State vs Arkansas in Outback Bowl is another interesting matchup.

Clemson in the Cheez-It Bowl just doesn't sound right...

Last edited:
The SEC has 8 teams in bowl games this year, I think that pretty much sums up the SEC as a meat grinder.

Cincy is hard to gauge, their only real opponent this year was Notre Dame (Overrated U), but us Bama folks know from past experience about doubting smaller schools in the big bowls. Utah...

Michigan vs Georgia is a very interesting match up indeed. Khaki Pants needed this. He's had it in for SEC schools since he landed in Michigan. Careful what you wish...

Baylor vs Ole Miss in sugar bowl is good matchup. If they can keep Kiffen off Bourbon Street...

SEC has 13 of its 14 teams in bowl games, @tiggerdad. Only Vandy didn't make it.

Mich-GA will be a good game for sure. Coach Khaki Pants prolly does want a piece of the SEC.

Baylor, being a Baptist university, probably won't have many fans on Bourbon Street in NOLA. <jk> But Ole Miss will make up Baylor's share AND-THEN-SOME since they haven't been to the Sugar Bowl in a while.

But we have over three weeks to get our popcorn ready. popcorn::

Bama Ed

Lincoln Riley left OU because the thought of joining the SEC and getting whipped by the top half of the SEC hurt his ego (I think).

I think the thought of OU getting whipped by the bottom half of the SEC was going to hurt his ego. They clipped their cleats on a hurdle in several games this year and thankfully, for them, their BXII foes snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see Texas and OU taken to the woodshed by Tennessee in the coming years.
giphy.gif

Sorry, somehow I forgot Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, MSU, and Florida.

How did that happen?
Don't forget about the Big Blue Nation. Going to the Citrus Bowl and shooting for that 10 win season. Coach Stoops has done a masterful job with the Cats. If Iowa is familiar with our last three bowl games, Penn St, Virginia Tech and NC State, I'm sure they will know that we will come to play.

Steve

Don't forget about the Big Blue Nation. Going to the Citrus Bowl and shooting for that 10 win season. Coach Stoops has done a masterful job with the Cats. If Iowa is familiar with our last three bowl games, Penn St, Virginia Tech and NC State, I'm sure they will know that we will come to play.

Steve
Oh, I didn't Kentucky. All for them actually. Just those other guys.

Nobody gave us a chance in the world to beat OSU. So we will bring our best against GA and see how the 4 qtrs go.
I think, if Georgia comes in let down on Bama loss Michigan has it. However, if they are mad then I gotta give nod to Georgia.

Personally, if Bama gets by Cincinnati I'd rather play Michigan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter