College Football 2021

The last regular season game is this coming Saturday. :cheer2:

The annual Army-Navy matchup is on CBS in the afternoon time slot. It will be played in the Giants Stadium in New Jersey, IIRC.

I found my Army shaker and souvenir cup from my trip up to West Point this fall with DS and am ready to pull for Army again.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Bama takes another Heisman Trophy. Although this year this really wasn't any other standout players to be honest.

Congratulations to Bryce Young
211365182.jpg

Well darn. Navy just won.

Hope I wasn't a jinx.

ED

I kept a low profile last night while Army played Mizzou in their bowl game. I didn't want to jinx Army so I didn't watch it on tv but followed the score on the net with my shaker by my computer. Last second field goal gave the Black Knights the win.

Happy for them. :cheer2:

Bama Ed

I kept a low profile last night while Army played Mizzou in their bowl game. I didn't want to jinx Army so I didn't watch it on tv but followed the score on the net with my shaker by my computer. Last second field goal gave the Black Knights the win.

Happy for them. :cheer2:

Bama Ed

Missouri had several key players out, but they really handed the game over to Army. Missouri outproduced Army in every category (including turnovers), except rushing yards. Some interesting play calls stalled out Missouri drives, botched play call for a 2 point conversion on Missouri's last score, and then some penalties that kept that last Army drive alive did the Tigers in.

Nice note to end the year for Army

SEC is 0-2 in bowl games so far, @tiggerdad. Not off to a good start.

0-3 if you count Texas A&M backing out of the Gator Bowl.

Question: do we pull for Rutgers (A&M's replacement) in the Gator Bowl versus Wake Forest since Rutgers will be sort of representing an SEC team ("S-E-C, S-E-C")?

Next SEC team in a bowl game will be Auburn on Tuesday in the Birmingham Bowl. They're playing that game in the new football stadium built next to I59 in downtown B-ham that UAB started using this season. Smaller, single level bowl but a very nice stadium from what I've heard. And I was happy that UAB won their bowl game.

Bama ED

PS - but there won't be any "S-E-C" chants in MY house when Auburn plays Houston next week :sad2: I can tell you that! :happytv:

Last edited:
Bama rolled steadily over Cincinnati.

Its halfway through 3rd quarter of Georgia vs Michigan and there is some serious exposure going on here.

Bama rolled steadily over Cincinnati.

Its halfway through 3rd quarter of Georgia vs Michigan and there is some serious exposure going on here.

Was a good year for Michigan. Beat Ohio State, won Big 10 Champs, and went from unranked to being 2nd in CFP, which had never been done. So while last night may not have been our best, still a lot got done this year.

Was a good year for Michigan. Beat Ohio State, won Big 10 Champs, and went from unranked to being 2nd in CFP, which had never been done. So while last night may not have been our best, still a lot got done this year.

Yes it was good to get new blood from the B1G into the CFP. Glad for the Wolverines. Ed

This Ohio State v Utah game is a clinic for defense

giphy.gif

They are going to combine for like 200 points at this pace.

Today I celebrated Bama's win over Cincinnati with some Skyline Chili! This is not a troll post - I've been eating Skyline for nearly 40 years.

Skyline Chili is a staple in Cincinnati. There are fast-food/counter restaurants in the chain that serve it up.

The Skyline Chili Corporate Website

I am lucky that a few grocery chains here sell Skyline Chili in cans, in freezer packs, and with spaghetti in freezer packs. The chain also promotes the chili on hot dogs, fries and baked potatoes, and more. But I enjoy it over spaghetti in the classic "3 Way" configuration.

Let's start with the chili. I get the can which is $4-5 each (2 lunch servings) in the grocery store here in town (Publix).

The chili (which is without beans) served over spaghetti and topped with shredded cheddar cheese is referred to as a "3 Way". You can add diced onions or kidney beans to make a "4 Way". Add both and it becomes a "5 Way". That's how you order it in southwest Ohio. But my favorite is the classic 3 Way topped with a little red pepper sauce.

So I boiled up a plate of spaghetti while I heated up the can of chili.

Then topped that with half a can of steaming hot chili.

Add any amount of cheddar on top and it is OH SO GOOD!

As I said, I add a few shots of a red pepper/vinegar based sauce.

Cincinnati chili is not spicy and Skyline has not formally revealed the recipe that I know of. The internet is full of knock-off Skyline recipes ("tastes JUST LIKE IT" type of recipes). I just buy the product. I do enjoy it and would add that it's not really a chilli in my book as much as it's another meat sauce to put on spaghetti.

The downside to being a Skyline fan is that it brings out the closet fans. After enjoying half a can as described above, I store the leftovers in a small tupperware to enjoy a few days later. Problem is, the hungry roving ladies in my life (DW and DD) love it too as a nacho dip, a microwaved potato topper, or just with a spoon. No matter where I try to hide the tupperware container (in a fridge drawer, far back on a fridge shelf) it is often rapidly found and emptied.

I encourage anyone to try it.

Ed

PS - Bama beat the Bearcats and it wasn't that Cincy didn't belong in the College Football Playoffs - they just had the misfortune of playing Alabama. I know an all SEC final game doesn't thrill the rest of America but hear me again: if you expand the playoffs past 4 teams to as many as 12, more SEC teams will get in and maybe the entire Final Four could be SEC teams. So the other conferences need to UP their games (develop some speed on defense would be my advice).

Last edited:
BTW, Bama is a 2.5 point underdog to Georgia on the early betting line for the 'Ship game.

Which is JUST the kind of rat poison Saban can use. We shall see.

"They don't respect you".

"You just beat them and they STILL don't believe in you".

"We're the underdog. Bama Daniel versus Georgia Goliath".

Hope our injured players (from the season and the most recent game) can get healthy.

Should be a great game.

Ed

This Rose Bowl...defense does not exist.

I'm glad Bama is underdog. Beat them by 20 and still underdog?

I'll take it. :thumbsup2

PS in the time I've put this post together The has scored and Utah fixing to answer.

I'm glad Bama is underdog. Beat them by 20 and still underdog?

They're gonna kill us, aren't they?

We're not going to gain 100 yards in the game.

Bama Ed

PS - selling the retirement portfolio, going all cash and bitcoin. >:( hunker down. buy survival food.

I went to a Skyline once when we were racing. I don't even remember where. Race weekends are kind of like that. I did really like it. It's not available in stores here. Chili Man is the top canned chili here. It's ok, but definitely not Skyline.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter