• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Completed Page Swap - **Complete**

Well, I started to make a dent in the pile. Almost everything is photographed at this point but nothing has been swapped yet.

I want to keep everyone in the loop with what is going on with me at the moment. Gracie (our new pup) is coming home on Thursday. DH and I shopped for all of her stuff on Saturday and spent part of the day today re-arranging three rooms to get ready for her. We still have quite a bit left to do before we will be done so I will be working on swapping in between that. I also have a mid-term on Wednesday so I'm studying for that as well.

I'll be swapping and sending the packages for those in the fewest groups and working my way from there. I'm going to try very hard to have everything out by next Monday (since I have a three-day weekend) but I'm not promising. I will, after all, have a new puppy to play with next weekend. :lovestruc

I appreciate everyone's patience. I'll keep y'all updated.

Hi All!

Just a quick update to let y'all know that swapping has begun but that I will be taking the process slowly. I twisted my bad knee really badly on Friday. I was trying to avoid stepping on the puppy and managed to mess myself up pretty badly. My knee is massively swollen and my doctor prescribed painkillers and muscle relaxers for it. I can barely walk at the moment and had to miss work yesterday due to the pain and swelling. DH is trying to help me swap in between keeping Gracie occupied. I'll post when the packages start to go out.

Did you see Susie's post about giving up hosting because bad things happen when she does...have you considered the same thing. My first swap was your MGM swap, which got held up because of your appendix and then your shoulder injury. And now all your problems with your poor knee! It must be a conspiracy. Maybe, I should be glad I haven't hosted. :rotfl:

Holy moly! I forgot about that, Hope! Maybe I AM swap host jinxed. That is a scary thought!

that sounds similar to the "Madden Curse"! Whatever quarterback on that years cover of the games gets hurt - this year - Green Bay is on the cover - so let's see what happens . . .

I have a few boxes ready to send. I had to do some shuffling to cover one group so a few of y'all in Group A are going to be getting some general Disney pages from one of the I groups. I apologize for having to do that but it was the only way I could cover a flaker.

Susie - I am making you pages for Group A since you were already receiving the extras I was using to swap for that group. Yours will be slightly delayed.

I'll post when I start sending.

Shauna- I think I asked before but I ned you to hold this for my new address. I will be there by the end of the week and can send you the address on Thursday night.

Rebecca

Did Mrs. Charming ever send in hers? I think they were going to be those cute Mickey heads.

Shauna- I think I asked before but I ned you to hold this for my new address. I will be there by the end of the week and can send you the address on Thursday night.

Rebecca

No problem.

Did Mrs. Charming ever send in hers? I think they were going to be those cute Mickey heads.

No, she didn't (and this was after she told me on the phone that she was mailing the next day, then never did.) BAMB and I didn't want to make a big deal about it so I just made pages for two of the groups and had to do some creative swapping to cover the third. Your Group A ended up being the one set I couldn't creatively swap so I made you a special set. I was just including notes in everyone's box but I might as well mention now that Group C is now getting Cinderella and Mice pages and Group D is getting Buzz vs. Zurg.

No problem.

No, she didn't (and this was after she told me on the phone that she was mailing the next day, then never did.) BAMB and I didn't want to make a big deal about it so I just made pages for two of the groups and had to do some creative swapping to cover the third. Your Group A ended up being the one set I couldn't creatively swap so I made you a special set. I was just including notes in everyone's box but I might as well mention now that Group C is now getting Cinderella and Mice pages and Group D is getting Buzz vs. Zurg.

Shauna

I hate that you went to the trouble to make me a set. I would have understood really. After all you have been through, it was so thoughtful for you to cover the groups like this and I just want you to know how much it is appreciated.

You're really sweet to say that but there is NO WAY I was going to let y'all get your own pages back after all that has gone on with this swap.

At this point, I'm just playing jigsaw trying to get all of the pages into the boxes. I can't figure out how some of y'all fit everything on the way to me because it is NOT wanting to fit back in. I didn't think thickness was going to be an issue with this swap but it's turning into a problem. I'm hoping DH can help me creatively package so that it all fits. I'm not doing so well at the moment. :sad2:

You're really sweet to say that but there is NO WAY I was going to let y'all get your own pages back after all that has gone on with this swap.

At this point, I'm just playing jigsaw trying to get all of the pages into the boxes. I can't figure out how some of y'all fit everything on the way to me because it is NOT wanting to fit back in. I didn't think thickness was going to be an issue with this swap but it's turning into a problem. I'm hoping DH can help me creatively package so that it all fits. I'm not doing so well at the moment. :sad2:

That's why I had to divide mine.

Are there any pictures yet? I am dying to see these. How are you doing Shauna?

There are pictures on my camera. :rolleyes1 I know that doesn't do y'all any good. It's just going to take so long to group and label them that I haven't done it yet. I was more stressed about actually swapping than dealing with the pics.

I'm mostly OK at the moment except for the changes in my summer class. I'm actually a bit testy but feeling alright. I'm ready for the weekend. :thumbsup2

There are pictures on my camera. :rolleyes1 I know that doesn't do y'all any good. It's just going to take so long to group and label them that I haven't done it yet. I was more stressed about actually swapping than dealing with the pics.

I'm mostly OK at the moment except for the changes in my summer class. I'm actually a bit testy but feeling alright. I'm ready for the weekend. :thumbsup2

Shauna

Could any of us help you label and edit them if you sent by email?

Shauna

Could any of us help you label and edit them if you sent by email?

You know, that might work. :idea:

I think they might be too large to email. However, I could just upload all of them to my Photobucket account and someone could possibly go in and sort them from there?

Does that sound doable? Who has the time to do something like that considering how busy we all are?

I'm chilling this evening at my computer if you'd like I can do it. Tomorrow and Sunday it's all about the element of "SURPRISE SWAP" sorting

DH and I are going to a "Puppy Party" with some friends this evening. It's basically a party in honor of our new little Miss Priss. Unfortunately, we're headed straight there from work.

I could get everything uploaded tomorrow but that won't help either of us. :sad: :sad2:

I'm all for posting them all together and we can look at them. Drooling
drool.gif
over what we may or may not be getting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter