Confessions of the Resort Changers

DisneyBride'03

<marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar
ok...realizing that I am not alone here , perhaps we can all help each other choose a resort and keep it! This is still resort planning, but for the resort commitment impaired:)
Ok, I am currently WL CL....just got an email from the IPO....but now thinking, hey for a few hundred less, I can be at Poly:love: with the monorail and a larger room w/ a GV! But no kiddie pool and/or hot tub, BUT has zero depth entry, and WL does not have zero depth, but does have the kiddie pool and spa!

Please lets all be positive with our posts:goodvibes No flaming the resort commitment impaired:) :lmao:

Oh Disneybride my little Goo Sista! LOL

I'm with you on this, I went from CR TMKV to Poly back to CR tmkview, lol. When I was first deciding I was a maniac, it was truly ulgy...:lmao: I went from, Dolphin, to CR, to GF to Poly to BC back to CR to then thinking maybe a family suite at ASMu...I was getting sick over it :sick: Then the hubby just said...Pick a resort on the monorail if you want to have a stress free vacation at disney with me...mr. "i hate waiting for buses" apparently he thinks he's being flown to MGM and AK :rolleyes1 Anyway, we have decided on CR and am very happy...I think...umm...:confused3 ....NO NO we are, we are happy! ;)

From what I hear, you will LOVE the WL, especially CL, why take a step down in service? I have friends who won't stay anywhere else but there, and she is PICKY (and a MAJOR GOO FAN :thumbsup2 ). So don't fret, just stick with what you've got and enjoy your vaca! OH OH Dancing Bananas!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was you last year. I must have changed my resort ten times:rotfl: really I think I actually called and changed my resort ten times and finally stuck with Pop instead of CSR my original choice because of the savings and the reviews here on the dis. I am a full time evening college student and SAHM so a value was the choice for me but even then I switched between Pop and All Stars about 4 or 5 times. :lmao:

ok...realizing that I am not alone here , perhaps we can all help each other choose a resort and keep it! This is still resort planning, but for the resort commitment impaired:)
Ok, I am currently WL CL....just got an email from the IPO....but now thinking, hey for a few hundred less, I can be at Poly:love: with the monorail and a larger room w/ a GV! But no kiddie pool and/or hot tub, or zero depth entry. But Dh says I "sold" him on the WL...which looks amazing:)

Please lets all be positive with our posts:goodvibes No flaming the resort commitment impaired:) :lmao:

DisneyBride,

Just an FYI, the Wilderness Lodge does NOT have a zero entry pool. Just didn't want you to be dissapointed.

Thanks, Dizneykid, I couldnt even understand what I posted lol!! Poly- no kiddie pool, or hot tub/spa....but has zero depth..where WL-kiddie pool and hot tub, no zero depth! Geez, I may be more than resort commitment impaired!!! lol Wasn't there rumors though when the pool was under construction? Thank you though:)

So, I am so glad to see others out there:)

AND Miss LORi...let's celebrate your bday!!!!!!:) When do you get to WDW??? Let me know what "flying arrangements" your DH has to get to AK and MGM?! lol I actually priced out CR too!

So, Miss LOrI.....Thanks you for your comments!!! Who knows if I will ever splurge on CL again!!! I should stay put, cause I do know there are lots of WL lOvers out there, they all cant be wrong!!! Just the Poly started pulling at those heart strings.......And DH loves the look of WL after watching the Great Hotels episode.
So what started out as a last minute, lets do it inexpensive trip at POP, then to CBR and then to CSR cause it opened up, and then to WL, and now to CL!!! I am done...(dont qoute me...lol) just kidding. Did get the IPO letter, so that was exciting.
Thanks LoRi:)

Former Resort Changer here. I have been in recovery for some time now. I figured out the trick to avoid this affliction...go ahead and book the very best thing you can possibly afford from the get-go! Now, I no longer I have the urge to change! :)

I have found that at the end of the day my two favorite resorts to be at on WDW property are the GF & the YC/BC/BCV. I also love the Poly, but have found that with the relatively short walking path from the GF to the Poly, I can get my Poly fix while actually staying at the GF. In fact, that's where I get my morning coffee!

I have been able to avoid the concierge affliction thus far, thanks to some "financial advice" from my wife. I fear that if I ever do stay concierge, I may be thrown right back in to my upgrade habit.

Oh There is hope!!!!! Thanks

And that totally makes sense, that is the cure! Really, cause I also of course priced out GF:) We loved it there, but those manly big timbers at the Lodge are calling my DH I think...
Thanks for your comment! I am on the way to recovery!:)

:rolleyes1 Uh, that would be me too! I had originally booked POP and changed to POR. Don't even ask me how many times I changed my ADR's!!!:flower3:

OK I am quoting myself because I have changed resorts AGAIN! This time I feel really good about my change and I am going to stick with WL. Now my only problem is rearranging my dinner ADR's LOL!

Sounds like you would really enjoy staying at the Polynesian. If you're not happy or don't think you would be happy with the Wilderness Lodge, why are you staying there? I feel that the Wilderness Lodge is a great resort but you should stay where you can enjoy yourself.

I figured out the trick to avoid this affliction...go ahead and book the very best thing you can possibly afford from the get-go! Now, I no longer I have the urge to change!

I book right up to my budget limit and I still end up changing everytime! Usually two or three times!

I think planning a Disney Vacation is like creating a work of art. The process isn't over until the day your plan becomes reality. Until then, you can always dream of ways to make it better.

Add me to the list, complete resort change-aholic. I don't even know how many times I have called to "just see" about something different. Luckily, most CM's are pretty friendly. Still don't know if we are going to keep things the way they are with the split, time will tell.

Is it bad that I am booking with plans to likely change later? I have decided that I like the Contemporary and am going to book an Atrium Club room there for Jan 2008 when the packages come out, but the second I hear anything concrete about the construction situation at the tower, if it sounds like I will be staying in a construction site, I will be bailing for Poly LVC. Unless, of course, some of the new Grand Floridian rooms are done and they look too good to pass up. Then I think to myself, am I going to miss staying at the Yacht Club like I usually do? Should I switch back to the Epcot area? Should I try something different there? Or maybe AKL won't be too bad construction wise.

Grrrrr. I sort of wish the packages would come available just so I could have something concretely booked (I would book room-only, but since I have to cancel and rebook anyways, I don't feel that much more confirmed if I do that).

Is it bad that I am booking with plans to likely change later? I have decided that I like the Contemporary and am going to book an Atrium Club room there for Jan 2008 when the packages come out, but the second I hear anything concrete about the construction situation at the tower, if it sounds like I will be staying in a construction site, I will be bailing for Poly LVC. Unless, of course, some of the new Grand Floridian rooms are done and they look too good to pass up. Then I think to myself, am I going to miss staying at the Yacht Club like I usually do? Should I switch back to the Epcot area? Should I try something different there? Or maybe AKL won't be too bad construction wise.

Grrrrr. I sort of wish the packages would come available just so I could have something concretely booked (I would book room-only, but since I have to cancel and rebook anyways, I don't feel that much more confirmed if I do that).

You've come to the right place. Now, admitting you have a problem is a great first step.

Ok...I had to read this to my DH...he think I am nuts:lmao: . We (I) am planning a trip for this August 14 -23. We started at Poly then changed to....OKW, AKL, POLY, CBR and finally have decided on 3 rooms @ Pop. If I change again I am sure I will end up in divorce court:rotfl2: . Oh well!!!!

I am just glad to hear there are poeple like me out there...I don't feel so alone and maybe just maybe my DH won't think I am totally nuts.:laughing:

I thought I was the only one:rotfl: . So far for this trip I have changed my ressie 6 times. Two of those were date changes and four were resort changes. Now my DH has forbidden me to even look at the availiblity for other resorts:lmao: .

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!! For our upcoming August trip, I am on our 3rd resort. We started at ASMo because we stayed there last time and the kids wanted to go back. So I paid for preferred there. Then after reading the boards over and over, and the fact that my DH has mentioned it, we convinced the boys to try POP. But, when all this was just in the planning stagesm we talked about going to a mod this time because it is our 10 yr anniv trip. We though we wanted POR or CBR. Well, long story short, we are now booked for a waterview at POFQ! And my 2 boys could not be happier because of the pool (that's how I sold them!;) ). But, this is what I did to keeo myself from changing yet again-I want to do a scrapbook of our vacation and one day while I was looking at the Disney scrapbook things-I saw a package of Mardi Gras things and bought them! So, between those and my boys are REALLY excited about the pool slide-I can't change anymore-they have all said they won't let me! I think they may have me committed if I change anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter