Confessions of the Resort Changers

This thread will further prove to our significant others there are more of us out there.........

LOL, I changed our ressie for May to AKL on Sunday. I half expected the cast member to say. "We've been expecting your call. We knew you wouldn't stay with the original resort that you booked at."

DVC, sigh, is not the cure. We have our points used for this use year so we're staying at AKL for this May trip.

Now I try to justify and explain away why I changed the ressie (I have the changetheressie bug quite badly):
When booking our May trip the annual pass rate was not available at the AKL. I was checking this Sunday and a pool view room opened up. I just had to switch there. We love this resort. And also I'm trying to talk DH into adding points at the villas.

Back to the topic at hand, we love the WL. We would live there if we could. The two hot tubs (hot and hotter) are awesome. It's so beautiful and great to sit in the hot tub at nigth sipping a nice mug of hot chocolate. The night lights on the lodge look so beautiful from the hot tub. Sigh, I wish I were there now.

The WL pool has a nice little place where the babbling brook goes into the pool. The water is especially warm and toasty here-I just love to hang out here.

Good luck with your decision!

Do you think the Cm's can tell how many times we have changed when we call? lol Sometimes I can "hear" them rolling their eyes..lol j/k

Thanks for your comments abt WL...I feel I am on the road to recovery..lol, there is nothing I dont like abt WL, as someone asked in another post. Just want to make sure...its DD14 mths old when we go first trip. We never thought we would be fortunate enough to take our child back to WDW, (were married there)..after 3 long, emotional loss filled years, its an emotional trip to be taking our Miracle,Magical baby, she was born on the same date as our anniversary:) Thats my story...

Guilty as charged.

I got up at the crack of dawn the first morning to book free dining so I could get the POP because we just had to stay there. Then I spend days looking at posts and decide what the heck let's stay at Wilderness Lodge. So much for saving that extra $$$. Oh well you only live once.

And don't even get me started on changing our ADR's. I'm driving DH crazy making changes. I'm convinced the CM's must put notes on our files. I made a change today and I swear I could feel the CM's eyes rolling through the phone.:rotfl2:

Hi.. My name is Knox...

[ Group : Hi Knox.. ]

I had a real problem with changing my mind (and reservations) for resorts... oh and ADR's too. It was a real problem. It interfered with my work.. my home life.. even my friends and travel companions had enough!

But then I learned this little mantra..

"God grant me the serenity to accept the reservation I cannot change, the confidence... to change the reservation I cannot accept.. and the wisdom to know the difference.. "

:)

Knox

Y'all are scaring me. We've changed a few ADRs but we've never changed the resort once we've made the reservation (we just discuss it for a while and then DW decides).

I'm going through Resort Hell right now. Already changed my reservation 3 or 4 times... and we're doing a split stay.
Here's the thing.We're booked at POFQ. Nice resort. But, I really wanted to try a new resort EVERY time. Was almost ready to switch to AKL when I read about the construction. BC/YC is booked.CR is booked.CSR is took big.And booked.WL is too wintery,plus I want to keep it for our next Christmas trip.

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!

Yeah, I should have put in a smily :cool1:.
I'm smiling at you all. I'm not really scared.;)
I am relieved I am married to the world's most decisive woman and Disney veteran. I hope all of y'all have great trips!

you know...there are some threads out there discussing the AKL construction, from what I have read, it hasnt been much of an issue. Start a thread if you have no luck searching and see what kind of response you get:)

you know...there are some threads out there discussing the AKL construction, from what I have read, it hasnt been much of an issue. Start a thread if you have no luck searching and see what kind of response you get:)

Some people said it was pretty bad though.Also, the last time we were at ASMO there was construction too and it was kind of a pain.It wasn't a big deal since it was a value and we were never in the room anyway,but I don't want to pay for a deluxe and have to put up with noise and/or mess.DM likes to come back to the room for a nap in the afternoon.

I wish I could know for sure that they'll be done with interior construction by July!

Oh Where Oh Where are ktink and stepdisney????????? :)

Oh, my sister in crime:lmao: I just found the thread.

Hello, my name is ktink and I'm a compulsive resort changer. That's how I get my kicks. It all started w/ a few calls to CRO next thing you know I'm calling weekly... Ok, bi daily. It's gotten so far out of hand that I've even gotten the ADRs involved. I got my fix today by calling and upgrading to pool view w/ bunk beds. I've hit rock bottom.

DisneyBride'03, I thought you were thinking of AKL. You and stepdisney need to just bite the bullet and book AKL.

I would be at AKL, however.....my older DD10 (who went in March ) and my DS14 will be on a trip to TN..near Kentucky Lake..with their Dad. So thats how our trip got started taking the baby. Anyway DS isnt a Disfan (right Now) and DD said it was "ok" if we went, "Just dont stay at the Animal Kindom Resort"......so, I cannot break my DD's heart:(
But I will have snack offerings to throw down to the lobby....lol...you guys were so funny on that other thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't blame for not staying at AKL under those circumstances.

Just don't forget the snacks.:lmao:

Another confession of the resort changer.... I have a friend who has mentioned going to WDW and I've told her I will gladly plan her trip for her. I guess I'm happy with mine now so there's no other choice but to plan other trips. At least I'll be working under an alias when calling CRO for that trip.:rotfl2:

Ladies, it's come to this. Somehow I knew there would be a meeting tonight addressing this very subject. I tell you, I am seriously contemplating switching to AKL and not telling my family (this is bad). While I love love love the location of WL, I am not really satisfied with some of the views I've been seeing. Almost all of the pictures I see of AKL have beautiful views. Plus....with the construction, they may be inclined to give good upgrades. HELP ME.....I realize the first step is admitting you have a problem so.....um... here it is...I am stepdisney and.....I'm about to change my resort. The resort where my children are very excited to be staying, but, nevertheless. Someone please help me. I'm going :banana: :banana: :banana: .

Ktink, I too have begun to encourage others to change their resort choices. My friends are staying at Pop and I have invited them to WL. Yes WL where I am not even sure I will be. Before you know it, I'll be changing the mind of strangers in my local Disney store. It must end somewhere. (Using an alias hmmm that might work :cool2: )

Guilty as charged.

And don't even get me started on changing our ADR's. I'm driving DH crazy making changes. I'm convinced the CM's must put notes on our files. I made a change today and I swear I could feel the CM's eyes rolling through the phone.:rotfl2:

Me too!

picking the resort is half the fun of the vacation-i just posted about changing on another thread and you can go nuts-hoping rooms will open up then they open and you change and so does eveyone else - then you want to change back because of crowds

I have to agree about DVC!! You may need to look into it while at WDW.

We planned a trip last June. The day before we left I was digging through a pile of confirmation letters because I had changed my ressie sooo many times!! I was beginning to think I was crazy.

I decided to purchase DVC this past winter. Now I do not have that many to choose from and I figure that I will be visiting a lot more in the future and hope to stay at all the resorts.

Good luck with your decision. I think WL is a great choice. We loved it there when our daughter was a baby!! Very relaxing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter