Confessions of the Resort Changers

We will be at WL from 9/1 - 9/7. It's our first time at a deluxe resort.

We'll see ya there,.....if I don't change resorts that is. ;) Just curious, why did you choose WL? My DS (12) chose the resort this year and wanted the camping lodge theme. I'm just glad he didn't pick the cabins...too much wilderness for me.

We totally fell in love with that place last year when we had dinner at WCC. I can imagine it being relaxing after running around the parks during the day. I also liked that there was boat transportation to MK. DH is going to play golf at least one day so taking the boat to MK that day works for me.

We were booked GF CL for 2 nights (big splurge my DH 50th Bday and our 20th Anniv), then decided to go for 4 nights, switched rooms to GF MKV and had to change our airline tickets. Not only do we resort/room switch and drive CMs crazy, we involve the airline and magical express too! :rolleyes1 It is a great obsession!

I'm typically a chronic changer. For our September trip, I'd originally booked Beach Club (or Yacht Club? I can't even remember now, LOL.). Then I realized I really wanted Poly, so I called back and checked different dates and it was available then, so I moved the whole vacation back a week so I could stay there.

However, since then, additional family members have opted to go with us and now they are all booked there, too, so now I can't change even if I wanted to. I feel so trapped. :lmao:

Good morning....we have a home now!!! lol

So..jstouder...see you at the Wilderness...we arrive 8/31!!!!

ktink...awesome, unks and a pool view, yahoo for you!!!

stepdisney...I am losing ya........I thought you were on the road to recovery lke me:) lol

vbarry:) I have the dream book:) Have spoken w/ a guide, DH not for it all, but I am going on the tour. However, maybe in a few years. Should I act super excited or allow them to offer an incentive,lol:)

Disneybride'03, I woke up this morning with a list of why I wanted to change to AKL, complete with the view and the pictures of the lobby and the theme and Boma and Jiko and zero entry pool and all. My DH's response was "we can visit AKL and see all of that. We can go look at the pool and the lobby and the animals. My husband is a rock. Since I couldn't change resorts, I switched our ADR's from Coral Reef to Alfredo's at Epcot. When I can no longer change my ADR's, I will change my ticker or my signature.

We will definately be at WL. I feel much better about it after viewing some really nice pictures and reading some additional posts. I'm really glad that's settled. Now...should I change to inner courtyard view or hope for an upgrade? Should I seize the opportunity and ask DH for Concierge? Ktink, I'm afraid that you will have to mosey on over to the WL for the meet. Disneybride '03 you are still in charge of the snacks :lmao: (that's NOT going to change.)

:)stepdisney:)

There is much love here on these threads for WL!!! You do know both WL and AKL were designed by the same architect??? That therein lies your dilemma's origins!!!! ha ha ha
Well,...I have read lots that woods got upgraded to CY or even CL!! I think most of the standard is booked, so it just depends on the occupancy and when you check in probably. I have been back and forth abt the CL thing, but now that I am under pressure as the snack queen...lol
I am thinking it will be nice o have available with the little one, in case we have to make last minute changes to adr's, having the offerings available etc....DH doesnt even know:) It will be a nice surprise for him:)
Well I know that Sunday night is EMH at MK...but we couldnt have a drink there...ktink will have to leave the animals and come to the wild side. lol
We will have to discuss our plans in pm's I have ideas:)

My name is Amy and I am addicted to calling 407-WDISNEY. :rolleyes1
I just have to get this out of my system:
Last October -3 days upon returning I booked a week at POP for this Sept. I was banking on free dining. :cool1:
Then I had to change dates when the rumors started about free dining. (free dining ended a week earlier than last year):confused3
When free dining became available, I had to switch resorts because POP was unavailbable. That is when the addiction took off:
I made it for AS Sports, 3 days later I found availablity at POP, went back to POP, family wanted AS Sports so back to there and then I had a litttle windfall and we upgraded to POFQ yesterday. Now I am second guessing that decision. Should we try POR? CBR? :confused3
ADR's I change on a regular basis. I know there can always be a little tweeking to my yearly trip. My DD7 and DH love going but think I have a problem. Isn't acknowledging it the first step. :rotfl:

You took the first step!!! Yeah:)
Well, we had CBR booked at one point..lol..It may be great for your DD is she likes Pirates, with the new movie coming out and all....alot of poeple love POFQ, its highly rated over at TripAdvisor as well!
You dont have a problem...you are in an elite group:) I have 407Disney on speed dial!!!! hahahaha..(not really...but thats a good idea actually......)
Have fun!!! Keep us posted:)

Ladies, it's come to this. Somehow I knew there would be a meeting tonight addressing this very subject. I tell you, I am seriously contemplating switching to AKL and not telling my family (this is bad). While I love love love the location of WL, I am not really satisfied with some of the views I've been seeing. Almost all of the pictures I see of AKL have beautiful views. Plus....with the construction, they may be inclined to give good upgrades. HELP ME.....I realize the first step is admitting you have a problem so.....um... here it is...I am stepdisney and.....I'm about to change my resort. The resort where my children are very excited to be staying, but, nevertheless. Someone please help me. I'm going :banana: :banana: :banana: .

Ktink, I too have begun to encourage others to change their resort choices. My friends are staying at Pop and I have invited them to WL. Yes WL where I am not even sure I will be. Before you know it, I'll be changing the mind of strangers in my local Disney store. It must end somewhere. (Using an alias hmmm that might work :cool2: )

:lmao: Go ahead and bite the bullett. AKL is calling your name. shhhh.. listen.... stepdisney, come on over. :rotfl:

Disneybride'03, I woke up this morning with a list of why I wanted to change to AKL, complete with the view and the pictures of the lobby and the theme and Boma and Jiko and zero entry pool and all. My DH's response was "we can visit AKL and see all of that. We can go look at the pool and the lobby and the animals. My husband is a rock. Since I couldn't change resorts, I switched our ADR's from Coral Reef to Alfredo's at Epcot. When I can no longer change my ADR's, I will change my ticker or my signature.

We will definately be at WL. I feel much better about it after viewing some really nice pictures and reading some additional posts. I'm really glad that's settled. Now...should I change to inner courtyard view or hope for an upgrade? Should I seize the opportunity and ask DH for Concierge? Ktink, I'm afraid that you will have to mosey on over to the WL for the meet. Disneybride '03 you are still in charge of the snacks :lmao: (that's NOT going to change.)

oops, I posted from page 3 and missed this. Your DH is right you'll be able to take alof of AKL in while you're on the grounds.

We'll need to meet up sometime as long as Disneybride brings the snacks.

It's 4 months to the day until we check in. :banana:

Three months, four weeks and one day for us... We'll leave the light on for you guys. Do the bunk rooms at AKL all have king beds? I say a picture of one with bunks and a king bed. I hear them both ways with queen and king. I'd love to have a king bed and bunk beds.

So, ktink what day do you check in again???? I think stepdisney you are the 30th? me 31st.......

ktink just has to take a boat ride over.....unless.....your succumb to the Lion's roar and trek over and stay at the AKL now.......and i will be the one lost in the wilderness...lol..i crack myself up!
Either way..I want to check out AKL again too!!!! Loved the poolside bar...I mean the pool area.....ha ha
When is the cut off to make changes on our ressie before they fine you???lol
See you all later....

I've changed so many things about our Disneymoon, it's not even the same Disneymoon as it started out to be!

The biggest change, however, is the resort. We started out at POFQ, and as of today changed to AKL. I'm sitting here biting my nails wondering if we made the right decision. I so do LOVE deluxes. I am spoiled. But I liked POFQ last year, and I like the fact it's by a river and it's pretty and quiet. I just hope I like AKL MORE. Is that possible? Does anyone KNOW???? Oh, the horror of being indecisive!!!! :confused3

Well....first of all...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw your post earlier......I would stay with AKL, not that there is anything wrong with POFQ:)
Let everyone know its your honeymoon...esp when you check in and have it on your ressie, I know you do already:)

Stay at AKL..the pool area is fantastic!!! You wont even have to leave your room...um..meant resort there is so much to do!!!!!
Have a great time!!!

stepdisney, I requested a room w/ a king and paid for a bunk, pool view room. The CM told me that she didn't think any of the bunk rooms had kings in them but that she would note the request.

Disneybride, we check in on 9/2 and then leave on 9/8:sad2:

The kids still don't know where we're staying. I'm so proud of myself. I normally crack and tell them because I want them to be excited too. But oh, If I can keep this secret, that will be so much better.

I'm glad I am not alone.... (I know my DH thinks I am the only one who changes their mind every time I read the threads on the Resort Board). :cutie:

I have changed my reservations from POP, to AMu family suites, to POFQ. I would have changed them at least a dozen more times, but I got the elusive 40% code, and Disney won't let me change resorts and keep the discount (I Have tried through guest services).

Oh well, I sooooo want to change to WL or AKL, but alas, it's not meant to be for this trip. I am already planing our accommodations for our next trip - and I'm glad I haven't actually booked the room yet - I have already changed in my mind where I want to stay 5 times already! :rolleyes:

So, I am only there for 5/days 4 nights....no crying from you missy!!!! lol

I think stepdisney gets in 8/30 or 9/1...youhoo...let us know...:)
So ktink....I didnt tell DD10 til 1 1/2 days before....I let it sink in for a day so she could enjoy the surprise:0 It was really my moms idea, I wasnt going to tell her until the morning.

Anyway, if you can hold off til the ME bus pulls in...at AKL..and YOU GUYS get off....can you imagine???????????????? They will NEVER forget that great surprise!!!!!
We have 4 mths to plan a mini meet:)

Blue Skies.........Welcome!!!! Keep us posted of any changes:) lol

All this talk about the AKL makes me want to change my ressie to AKL. Oh wait a minute.....we are booked at the AKL.:rotfl:

Darn, it's been over 72 hours since I called Disney. Looks like I'll have to sit on my hands and wait the 48 hours until we leave.

Anyone change their ressie within 48 hours of going?

I think the planning is as much fun as being there.

Help. I am currently booked at WL for January 08 marathon and am thinking of switching to AKL or one of the Port Orleans! Why....well...I don't know. Maybe because I've been to WL before. But family love love loves WL so I'm safe if staying there. Curiosity has me wanting to try one of the other resorts, Poly, WL, PO (either) of AKL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter