Confessions of the Resort Changers

We are all set for Aug/Sept at the Wilderness Lodge. I must say, I would prefer staying at AKL but feel much better knowing that no one else is staying there. I now know why I couldn't get a room. I can't help but to think that if I had changed to AKL, I would be staying at WL or Poly now anyway (would have LOVED a Poly upgrade) We are not going to Universal this trip. It was too difficult to maneuver this time. We keep thinking that perhaps a villa would be better this trip since we are staying so long. We stayed in a nice villa during our trip to Williamsburg. It was so nice to spread out and we had 2 bedrooms which is always nice. It rainied one day and we watched movies in the living room with enough space to stretch out. Help.....I feel a resort change coming and we are under the 45 day mark. :scared:

Help.....I feel a resort change coming and we are under the 45 day mark. :scared:[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!!

I thought the 45 day mark was the cure to this nasty ailment we are all afflicted with! Is there no hope for us:scared1: ? Will we be callling CRO on the plane to Orlando?

Seriously though, the villas onsite are great, but they are $$$ to rent from CRO. Would you have to pay for the Dining plan as well???

I suppose you could stay offsite in a townhouse or pool home...they are certianly a good deal. We have stayed at Emerald Isle Resort before. If you eat most of your meals offsite as well you would probably come out ahead...but it is not really the same trip.

Are we losing you to the dark side:sad2: ?

stepdisney, the villas are great and very spacious and yes, you can get free dining. We stayed at BWV in a 2 bed. last Sept. with free dining and it was great. The only thing, mousekeeping was not good and I was not a big fan of the BW resort. I would love to try VWL. But this trip I am staying put at AKL, I really want the resort feel and I do not want to cook this year on vacation. I was necessary last year b/c my DS5 has diabetes and we were on a whole different schedule last year. The 2 bed. was really nice though and having the w/d was great too, not to mention all the bathrooms too. Even with 4 kids, bath time was really fast. We really toyed with the idea to do it again this year. I even tried to get a 2 bed. at AKV, but there are not any yet (at least that is what I was told). Good luck with your decision.

BTW, has anyone heard from ktink?

Are we losing you to the dark side:sad2: ?

Yes....I feel like Anikin Skywalker:rotfl2: . I couldn't change to a townhome at this point. We would have to rent a car and rethink our entire trip and I'm just not up for that. Cooking is definately out of the question.

I was thinking.....maybe....never mind. I'm staying here. It's not cost effective unless you rent points and I'm sure it's too late for that now. I don't think you can rent points and still get the free dining.

This is a sickness :sick:. I can see us all now calling from the plane or text messaging our resorts asking for the latest deal or upgrade :lmao: .

popcorn:: :rotfl2: That's all I can do sometimes when I come here...its great...I feel normal....

So....I have felt no need to change.....everyone...:yay:

I dont know how others do it...:confused3 ..book their trip and thats it!

As far as the villas...we felt the same thing when we were at the Dells in a 1 BDR....realized in the future with a DD14, DD10 and DD1 that the way to go is a villa type accomodation. DS and DD will NOT sleep within a elbow of each other....DD1 will only last in a pack n play for abt another year...
So if a low point resale DVC contract pops up, we will look at it..DH said he would be happy with a 50-70.. (notice I dont say what I would be happy with..:lmao: )..I dont even care where...

I cant wait to hear how ktink's vaca was:) Miss her resort changing updates!!!
Hey, is anyone else easily swayed by just LOOKING at great photos on the dis of other resorts??!! lol....
Momto PrincessA...Have a great time at the Poly....its an experience to stay there, and I hope yours is wonderful:goodvibes

One other thing...has anyone esle noticed more of the "Confessions of..." threads??!! lol
Just lurking at the DVC boards...and there is another one!
Ok ..DB03 is trademarking now!~! h a ha ha ha hhaaa

One other thing...has anyone esle noticed more of the "Confessions of..." threads??!! lol
Just lurking at the DVC boards...and there is another one!
Ok ..DB03 is trademarking now!~! h a ha ha ha hhaaa

I still think you are an original!

Disneybride, what is 50-70? Is that points? I thought a week was 200 points? I need to understand a lot more about DVC. What's this about another confessions site? Remember...the greatest form of flattery.....:goodvibes . Swayed???!!!! I have to sometimes walk away from the screen so as not to call and inquire. How many do this, call and ask about other resorts and almost change? What is this called? I call it failure to launch :rotfl2:. I think changing from AKL to WL and then regretting my change and contemplating changing back (even now) qualifies me as a constant resort changer. I change to Poly and Yacht Club almost daily in my mind. :) I don't feel crazy, I feel normal. After all, there are more of us than there are of them....right:scared:

Count me in as an never completely decided resort changer. Originally we were doing Poly CL for the whole trip. Switched from there to CR because I could get AAA. After many deliberations, we are booked 3 nights at the BWI in a deluxe room w/ AAA rate and 5 nights Poly GV. I'm still considering Poly CL just don't love the menu for the evening apps. Too other familes are booked for our same 5 night stay. They would like us all to be near each other - not sure about that. Okay with one family, but not necessarily both. Too much coordination - it is all I can do to coordinate my own family.

Still contemplating WL deluxe room if one becomes available. Heeellllppppppppp!!!!!!!:
eek: :eek: :eek:

ooohhhhh!!! All this talk about villas! Making my fingers itch to call CRO! I would like a villa at WL, since we are now there for 6 nights, but I doubt I would be able to keep my free dining at this point. Plus, last night DH told me in no uncertain terms "No more spending money on this trip". What a spoilsport!

ooohhhhh!!! All this talk about villas! Making my fingers itch to call CRO! I would like a villa at WL, since we are now there for 6 nights, but I doubt I would be able to keep my free dining at this point. Plus, last night DH told me in no uncertain terms "No more spending money on this trip". What a spoilsport!

No more spending money! But that's what I do best :guilty: .

I say we all indulge in virtual resort changing. Book on line on the Disney site until you come to the total and then delete. This is like window shopping only better. :thumbsup2

I say we all indulge in virtual resort changing. Book on line on the Disney site until you come to the total and then delete. This is like window shopping only better. :thumbsup2

I totally do this all the time.:rotfl2: Last night I thought, let's see how much WL is going for for the time that we will be there. We booked through AAA and got some discounts but I was just curious. Anyway, the online quote system routed me to the cabins at WL. I guess the WL is completely booked.

I love window shopping for resort/ticket rates. Too much fun!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I really think that is one of the reasons I became a Resort Changer....the availability to "change" your resort virtually on their site.....it was an addicition, most certainly when free dining was first introduced!!!!

HA I still do it! Esp when those new codes came out!!

So, a small resale DVC contract worth 50-70 pts...can borrow unless its a juicy contract with some points on it currently....can borrow from the bext year....stay in a 2 bdr at OKW Sun-Thurs...(during a good "season")...then stay in a value or mod for Fri and Sat so DH doesnt scream!!! LOL
The Fri and Sat nights eat up your pts big time!!!
Since I have run out of resort changing antics for this trip...I do this now....lol
We are in no hurry though...wait for that right one to come along....maybe at the end of the year..who knows.

The early bird gets the good DVC's right? :) Where are you looking when you shop for them? Is there a link here? (I know we are just looking now). DH is NOT totally convinced. I have to lead him to a good site.

I feel sooo much better knowing that I am not the only virtual shopper. Once, though, I got an email about paying for the vacation I had on hold. The email was from Disney. Evidently I had gone too far with the virtual shopping and actually booked a vacation? The thing is, I don't remember this. I may have "saved" it by mistake??? I knew I had a problem when I didn't remember booking the vacation :scared: That's when I joined in over here....thank you all for helping me to realize how far too far was. :rotfl2:

wow......all quiet on the resort changing front......

Anyone heard from ktink??

Some of us are almost at our 30 day mark...woohoo!!
It also means...summer is almost over...school....back to the real world:(
Will be visiting the Coach Outlet in WI Dells on Sat:) Yeah....it wasnt opened yet last month when we went:(

So when we all get back.....how soon to do you guys start planning the next trip?? lol....
Yeah...the resort changing begins again!!
Hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying the last days of July:)

I've been "told" by DH that we are not going in 2008. :sad2: We'll see about that won't we :rolleyes1. DH says he wants to research RV's and consider driving across the country seeing some of the beautifull sites. I told him as long as we RV one way and fly home. Can anyone say DISNEY LAND!! You just know we'll be visiting The Mouse on the west coast while we're there right :yay:. I wonder what it's like to change resorts on another coast? CAN'T WAIT to start planing and changing.:woohoo:

DH said he didnt want to go in 08 either.......ha we'll see!! lol

There are some NICE rv's out there.....look up jayco greyhawk....class c motorhomes!!!!
We leave our "RV" in one spot...too big to travel anyway! We love it...the yearly rate is high, but we always have somewhere to go, and the Wis Dells is an hour away from it.
Hey you guys can take the RV to Fort Wilderness!!!! :) There ya go!!
One Month left!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(DH did get me a Coach at the outlet...thanks stepdisney:) for saying that along time ago:)

DH said he didnt want to go in 08 either.......ha we'll see!! lol

There are some NICE rv's out there.....look up jayco greyhawk....class c motorhomes!!!!
We leave our "RV" in one spot...too big to travel anyway! We love it...the yearly rate is high, but we always have somewhere to go, and the Wis Dells is an hour away from it.
Hey you guys can take the RV to Fort Wilderness!!!! :) There ya go!!
One Month left!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(DH did get me a Coach at the outlet...thanks stepdisney:) for saying that along time ago:)

I'll wait until he is asleep and drive to FL. :goodvibes .

This thread had to be reserrected....(SP?)

I am assuming a new batch of resort changers are being born as we speak with the new rates out for 08...lol....

Nothing new here....just wanted to say hi to anyone who still may take a peek here:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter