Coronavirus and flying into China

Hong Kong Disneyland is also now closed indefinitely...joining Shanghai Disneyland which is also closed indefinitely.

Bad situation for the past several months just got worse for HKDL....they've had extremely low attendance for months due to the riots

I feel like there is more to this virus than we are being told. The way things are shutting down and quarantines and screenings are in place.

Either that, or else places are just getting much better at rapid mobilization for containment efforts.

I feel like there is more to this virus than we are being told. The way things are shutting down and quarantines and screenings are in place.

Either that, or else places are just getting much better at rapid mobilization for containment efforts.
:scratchin I agree it’s a bit surreal to think of that huge, teeming city being on complete lock-down. Hard to know exactly what that implies though because I’m the skeptical type that doesn’t entirely trust any official information coming from China.

Last edited:

I agree, but I think that is expected out of China.

If I had plans to travel and they included a stop in China I would cancel or re-route.

They say its spreading before symptoms now. Which I am guessing is a big part of why they are quartering locations etc..

They say its spreading before symptoms now. Which I am guessing is a big part of why they are quartering locations etc..

That's the case for a lot of infectious diseases. With the common cold it's maybe 25% of those infected showing absolutely no symptoms, but there are still ways for those without typical symptoms to spread the infection.

Schools in Beijing delaying start of semester two until Feb 17 (should be Feb 4). No interstate buses allowed in or out of Beijing. My colleagues at my school in Beijing report that virtually nothing is open!

I read the US is chartering a flight to evacuate remaining diplomats & citizens from Wuhan. I wouldn’t be surprised to see most flights into China cancelled soon. I don’t think many airline personnel will want to risk going there either.

That article is way out of date now (2 days old)

56 people dead- cases in CA, WA and Chicago. Infectious stage is from 1-14 days and 2 studies done suggest 1 infected person can spread it to 2 to 3 other people. As far as the world France, South Korea, Japan, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan and Australia all have people infected with it.

That's not to downplay the flu which is more prevalent here but this virus is not the flu and comparing it to the flu just doesn't seem applicable. People don't need to be on a mass hysteria level with this coronavirus for sure but downplaying it too much may not be the right answer either especially as not enough is known about it.

That article is way out of date now (2 days old)

56 people dead- cases in CA, WA and Chicago. Infectious stage is from 1-14 days and 2 studies done suggest 1 infected person can spread it to 2 to 3 other people. As far as the world France, South Korea, Japan, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan and Australia all have people infected with it.

That's not to downplay the flu which is more prevalent here but this virus is not the flu and comparing it to the flu just doesn't seem applicable. People don't need to be on a mass hysteria level with this coronavirus for sure but downplaying it too much may not be the right answer either especially as not enough is known about it.

The thing about influenza is that it really is a damaging virus to human cells, unlike most common cold viruses. And the vast majority of those who die from the flu are extremely old or extremely young. This Wuhan virus seems to have killed quite a few people who seemed to be extremely healthy. I've heard part of it would be that it may not be the virus that's killing the host, but the massive immune response. People who are otherwise healthy and with strong immune responses have that response basically destroying itself thinking it's fighting the virus.

Until more is known about the virus, it seems prudent to quarantine passengers arriving from China and especially anyone that traveled from Wuhan in the last 2 weeks. The temp screenings at the airport are worthless.

Until more is known about the virus, it seems prudent to quarantine passengers arriving from China and especially anyone that traveled from Wuhan in the last 2 weeks. The temp screenings at the airport are worthless.
Were those middle school kids that arrived in VA ever quarantined after the school cancelled their visit? Or were they let loose on DC like officials had said they were going to do instead?

Were those middle school kids that arrived in VA ever quarantined after the school cancelled their visit? Or were they let loose on DC like officials had said they were going to do instead?
I’m also wondering about any Chinese college students who returned to the US after Christmas break to start semester 2 classes. Universities are germ factories as it is!

A couple of years ago my bookclub read Station Eleven. Now conversations about possible pandemics totally freak me out!

Last edited:
I’m also wondering about any Chinese college students who returned to the US after Christmas break to start semester 2 classes. Universities are germ factories as it is!

A couple of years ago my bookclub read Station Eleven. Now conversations about possible pandemics totally freak me out!
I just read the link. The Arizona person infected is associated with Arizona State University. I figured it was only a matter of time before it started showing up on college campuses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter