Crazy things you have heard said by cranky guests

Overheard in the MK:
Child (who was having a meltdown for whatever reason): I don't like you Mommy!
Mommy: Oh yeah? Well, I don't like you right now either.

These are both not funny but the people must have been REALLY cranky.

These to happend in August 08 they are both terrible and wrong!

Number 1

We are waiting in line for Muppet Vision 3D and a little girl probably around 8 puts her head on her brother shirt probably around 15. He slaps her and say what did I tell you about touching my shirt. The little girl started crying it was terrible.

Number 2
As we where leaving Epcot around 9.pm. I little boy around 2 years old drops his water bottle. The mom slapped him and threw him up against a bench i was terrified. We keep walking and we are pretty far away and we her yelling again and her a bang the kid dropped his water bottle again and she threw him up against the bench again. It was so unbelievable anyone could do this!

This isn't really a person being cranky, but my husband and I thought it was really funny.

We were walking behind a couple who were discussing what she had just said to a CM taking a survey in Epcot. Apparently the CM had asked her some questions about Epcot--what she liked about it, what she didn't like, etc.

So the woman says to her husband, "So I just told him, there aren't enough rides here, you know? If they just filled in this lake they could get a lot more rides in here." And the husband was like, "Yeah, definitely." :confused3

I don't think they really GOT Epcot, KWIM? :lmao:

DD18 and I were walking through Cinderella's Castle and I had stopped to look at the details on the mosaics when another family came by. They had a mom, dad and two daughters, about 12 and 13 years old. The mom had her camera out and was snapping pics of stuff. The 13 year old crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave a big teenage girl sigh as she said, "Come on, Mom. There's a trash can out here you haven't taken a picture of yet." DD18 and I quickly moved on so they wouldn't hear us laughing at that comment. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

DD18 and I were walking through Cinderella's Castle and I had stopped to look at the details on the mosaics when another family came by. They had a mom, dad and two daughters, about 12 and 13 years old. The mom had her camera out and was snapping pics of stuff. The 13 year old crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave a big teenage girl sigh as she said, "Come on, Mom. There's a trash can out here you haven't taken a picture of yet." DD18 and I quickly moved on so they wouldn't hear us laughing at that comment. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

speaking of the mosaics, last week dh and I were walking through the castle and there were so many people trying to take pictures. I tried to be nice and stop so as to not get in the way, but after a while, I had to keep walking or else I would never leave. I did hear a woman mutter "well it would be nice if people would stop walking by when I am trying to take a picture!"

I do feel bad. I know how it is to want to take nice pictures, I can't fault people for that, or even get annoyed too bad. But people do have to walk, ya know?

We were on the Magical Express going to the airport and two guests got into a little tiff over one guest cutting the other guest off getting off the bus. A whole bunch of shouting and yelling occurred on and off the bus and my favorite line was "Your nothing but a White Trash Ho" it is a definately a Disney classic!!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Any body else notice how many people pass out on the park benches in MK? on our first trip to WDW, we realized how exhausting WDW can be, we would laugh because left and right people were sleeping on the benches, "ahh, theres another one"...LOL

Number 2
As we where leaving Epcot around 9.pm. I little boy around 2 years old drops his water bottle. The mom slapped him and threw him up against a bench i was terrified. We keep walking and we are pretty far away and we her yelling again and her a bang the kid dropped his water bottle again and she threw him up against the bench again. It was so unbelievable anyone could do this!

That's not cranky - that's abusive. I would have gotten security

So here's my story.......after a LONG day at MK (we had done the BBB and dinner at the castle) we were in line for the buses back to POP....now IF you have stayed at POP and have used the buses, you know that it's the LAST stall....#20 I believe.

So my Granny, who is 70, had walked all day long (oh and this was the last day of our week long trip), she didn't use an ECV or anything of that nature......so we all know that there are the cattle lanes you have to go through to get in line.....instead of walking through all of those, she simply unhooked the rope and said to my young cousins..."we'll wait here but we have to make sure to let everyone else in line go ahead of us so we don't cut." she wasn't going to cut in line or anything like that...she was just too tired to walk the rest of the "cattle" lines.

well a man in his mid-30's took it upon himself to snatch the rope from my Granny's hand and began to hit her repeatedly in the rear-end with it.....she let this go on for a while then in her LOUD, TEXAN VOICE bellows "IF you hit me in the A$$ one more time with that, I'm gonna shove it down your throat!" Needless to say he didn't say anything else but some young teenagers behind him said "You better be careful that old lady's gonna beat you up!"

Now I'm not one for violence and was a little embarrassed by this but can you just see a white haired 70 year old lady fighting a 30 year old guy. My poor husband didn't know what to do! :scared1:

So here's my story.......after a LONG day at MK (we had done the BBB and dinner at the castle) we were in line for the buses back to POP....now IF you have stayed at POP and have used the buses, you know that it's the LAST stall....#20 I believe.

So my Granny, who is 70, had walked all day long (oh and this was the last day of our week long trip), she didn't use an ECV or anything of that nature......so we all know that there are the cattle lanes you have to go through to get in line.....instead of walking through all of those, she simply unhooked the rope and said to my young cousins..."we'll wait here but we have to make sure to let everyone else in line go ahead of us so we don't cut." she wasn't going to cut in line or anything like that...she was just too tired to walk the rest of the "cattle" lines.

well a man in his mid-30's took it upon himself to snatch the rope from my Granny's hand and began to hit her repeatedly in the rear-end with it.....she let this go on for a while then in her LOUD, TEXAN VOICE bellows "IF you hit me in the A$$ one more time with that, I'm gonna shove it down your throat!" Needless to say he didn't say anything else but some young teenagers behind him said "You better be careful that old lady's gonna beat you up!"

Now I'm not one for violence and was a little embarrassed by this but can you just see a white haired 70 year old lady fighting a 30 year old guy. My poor husband didn't know what to do! :scared1:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I love that. Thats what I love about the older generation... not afraid to say it how it is:lmao:

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

:rotfl: As the mother of two "former teenage daughters" - they are 25 and 27 now - this just cracked me up!

A few years back I had gone to WDW with my teenage daughter. We both loved the place and we were having a great time.

Anyway we were standing in standby at Buzz Lightyear when in the course of it's many Q turns we were side by side with another family. The boy, about 12 years old, was literally screaming at his Father. He was telling him how stupid he was for not getting a fastpass. I mean he was really letting him have it. Going on and on about how dumb his father was, that he was a total idiot and if he had a brain in his head they would have gotten fastpasses and been in there by now.

Now I wasn't a mean disciplinarian, but my children always knew that nothing good would happen if they didn't show respect. I was pretty engrossed in the family of misfits when my daughter tapped me on the shoulder and stated..."I'd be willing to bet that if we would have done that we would be back at the hotel by now, with no pool or TV, if not on our way home". All I could do is smile and nod in agreement.

What is the matter with parents. Is it so important that they be thought of as "friends" and not offer guidance at all. As I said I wasn't a mean or angry person, but if I threatened something, like leaving the park if behavior didn't improve, they knew that is exactly what would happen. In spite of my "meanness" my two daughters are my best friends now (actually we always got along well). It is so much nicer to be friends with my grown up children then it ever would have been when they were small. They knew that they were loved. They also knew that I loved them enough to not allow them to act like little ********.

Four years ago I was at Disney. I was waiting for the bus to take my son back to a hotel. There was a man in his 20s and his son about 5. Something was wrong I guess this guy was angry at the world.

Anyway his son backed into me so I put my hands out so he wouldn't fall over me. The father saw this and told me 'If you touch my son again I will touch you, and you won't like it'. So I appologized to him and let it go.

Well later I am sitting on the bus and another guy who saw the whole incident said to me 'That guy was being a jerk. I saw his son back into you'.

I told him, I have probably bumped into one hundred people today. If this guy is the one I appologize to, there are another 99 who never got an appology.

:rotfl2:

I am lovign this. :lmao:
A couple weeks ago after Wishes we were waitign for a bus to go back to Pop Century. The area was PACKED! No biggie... I figured it would be like this. They had 2 buses and Diseny was doign everythign they could while stacking people into the buses like sardines lol. Well the doors shut on this one man. The bus driver told him there was no more room. And by the looks, there was no more room! This man went nuts! Demanded to speak to someone who was running transportation. So a CM came over, adn that poor CM didnt know what to say. At that point, we were walking around the upset guest to get onto the bus. People were laughing as they walked past him still standing there complaining.:lmao:

Wasn't there a thread somewhere about Things I'd Never Dream Would Come Out of My Mouth an an Adult or somthing? Some of these would certainly qualify. Keep'em coming!

This was in September of 2005. We were walking down Mainstreet in the MK. A little girl was eating ice cream out of a cup trying to keep up with her mom. Somehow the little girl's ice cream fell out of the cup onto the street inbetween the trolley track and the asphalt. The little girl starting screaming hysterically. The mom stopped, turned around-red faced, scooped up the ice cream from the street with her hand, plopped it BACK into the cup and screamed herself: "NOW EAT IT!!!"
You could hear the gasps from the crowd that had assembled to watch this unfold. The little girl stopped crying but just stared at her ice cream as she continued walking down the street.
Simply amazing.

When DS was only 4, we were at Epcot one morning late in an 8 day trip. This was before Character Spot. You had to wait out in the hot sun to see Mickey and gang. Well Donald was always my favorite. So I just had to have a pic of my darling with Donald.

We stood in the sun for Donald...for what felt like hours (surely just several minutes!) - there were probably a dozen guests in front of us when we got in line and when we were just two guests from Donald, DS starts to melt down. He wants out of line and "now". He is whiny, crying, hot, thirsty, just plain fed up! I crouched down to his level and actually said something like, "Listen here, I did not stand in line all this time to get a picture of you crying and I certainly did not stand in line all this time just to leave right before it is our turn. Now pull it together because you are going to get your picture taken with Donald. He was my favorite character when I was a little girl and you will have your picture taken with him and you will be smiling!"

Poor DS, this was really not like me, I think he probably thought he had just been kidnapped by my evil twin or something. (I am also sure I looked just like Donald when he is pitching a fit in a cartoon - feet stomping, feathers and fists flying - a bunch of nonesense fussing, anyway..) Poor little DS, pulled it together walked up to Donald and put on the prettiest fake smile through squinty, little eyes I have ever seen!

I felt like the worst mother ever. I bought him a coke, took him right over to the fountains and let him run through them to his little heart's desire, then he jumped in the stroller, passed out and I strolled him around Epcot.

DS just turned 10 and I still call that my greatest blunder as a mother. (so embarassing!)

A few years ago there was a thread here about someone overhearing some foreign tourists who thought the Tower of Terror was Cinderella's Castle. A CM pointed them in the right direction.

(I know this thread is about "cranky" guests, and I don't think these people were cranky, but it was pretty funny.)

My worst Auntie moment came on my neice's first trip. Dh and I had only been to WDW once before and I so wanted to take my Dniece (4 years old) and give her a GREAT trip. Her father was abusive and we planned our trip to coincide with the filing of my sister's divorce papers and restraining order so the days leading up to the trip were stressful.

We didn't get in until after midnight due to a flight delay but still got up and headed to Animal Kingdom for rope drop. I figured we'd stay for the morning and then go back for a nap in the afternoon. Well that didn't work out because we ended up needing to change rooms and the new room wouldn't be ready until after three.

Because we were going to head back to the hotel early we decided not to get a stroller. As we passed the store with the princess dresses I told Dn that we'd come back at the end of the day to buy a princess dress for our breakfast the next day. At 2:30 (after being up until after midnight) we found ourselves waiting for Its Tough To Be A Bug and we were all getting tired and cranky. I looked down and Dn was trying to take her shoes off. I told her to keep them on. I started talking to Dh about what to do next and before I knew it Dn had taken her shoes off. I lost it.

"NO PRINCESS DRESS FOR YOU!!!" I yelled. She started screaming. I started crying. Its was awful. Dh intervened. Dn's feet were hurting. We were both crying by this time. I hugged her and told her I was sorry. We watch TTBAB and then went straight to the store. She get a Jasmine costume with every imaginable assessory. We went back to the AKL and got a wonderful savannah view room and the rest of the trip went well, but I am still embarassed by how I acted that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter