Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't think that. I know the assumption is dramatically reduced occupancy, but with Deluxes/DVC, it would have to be extremely reduced and I have yet to see anything confirming those are the goal numbers. Maybe they are, but If the resort goals were something like 40 or 50% occupancy, which is still very low, they'd have to have a value and moderate(s).

I think the eventual resort goal is somewhere between 25-35% occupancy eventually for the first few months. They need to have to have space in the parks for good neighbor hotels and find a way to accommodate some pass holders.

@Jrb1979 curious what was funny about my above post? Its naïve to think people aren't going to become combative or push the limit when it comes to the masks. Its already happening elsewhere.

And one could argue that it’s naive to think Disney will not enforce the mask rule, especially when it’s a stipulation in the union agreement that guests must wear them. I don’t think they’re going to loosen mask restrictions just because people won’t comply. I think Disney is going to take mask enforcement seriously. It is true that in many past situations CMs do not enforce rules or challenge guests, but I think people are going to be surprised at how seriously Disney takes mask enforcement. They’re opening in the middle of a pandemic, after all.

Absolutely! We are POP July 5-17. We are going to be happy just to go. We know that we will be there with no parks for the first half of our trip. We are going to make the best of it, no matter where we are!!!
Its going to be interesting to see what happens to stays like yours as we get closer to opening. Will Disney follow the past practices and cancel your stay because you’re checking in prior to resorts opening? Will they move you to a DVC? Will they only cancel the portion prior to the park opening? It’s definitely going to be interesting.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens to stays like yours as we get closer to opening. Will Disney follow the past practices and cancel your stay because you’re checking in prior to resorts opening? Will they move you to a DVC? Will they only cancel the portion prior to the park opening? It’s definitely going to be interesting.
Yeah, we are very anxious to see what happens. I am hoping that once they reopen modifications (if they do), that we can bump our trip back a week or two.

Absolutely! We are POP July 5-17. We are going to be happy just to go. We know that we will be there with no parks for the first half of our trip. We are going to make the best of it, no matter where we are!!!

We are booked at POP from July 15-20 and feel the exact same way. We keep saying we are going on an adventure and are going to make the best of anything.

I don't know how logistically they can put the NBA at Jambo. Jambo has the only quick service at AKL. DVC uses that. If they decide to somehow add a quick service that DVC could use then it might work. They did add a temporty quick service at Caribbean Beach so they have done it before.

I don't know how logistically they can put the NBA at Jambo. Jambo has the only quick service at AKL. DVC uses that. If they decide to somehow add a quick service that DVC could use then it might work. They did add a temporty quick service at Caribbean Beach so they have done it before.

Sanaa becomes a quick service for breakfast. Maybe they can keep it as one all day.

I’m kind of hoping they don’t move me from my value resort. I’m at Pop and I want the skyliner! Though if the reason they want to move folks from values is to cut down on busses, I might be left alone....
We are excited for the Skyliner too! This will be our first trip down since it has been open, staying at POP. I would honestly be happy to stay at POP and not be moved.

Jambo seems more like what NBA players would want than CSR like others were speculating about but would it be harder to form the bubble around them at Jambo?
Jambo is wide open for July and August with every DVC room type The NBA will not be using a DVC resort because they will want to keep players and staff away from other guests

Looking into the magic ball, does anyone think masks outside will be lifted by the first week of September?
We won't have a vaccine before the end of the year, and that's assuming a lot of "magic". Union contract requires masks. I think Disney is more likely to relax social distancing.
Why does everyone keep thinking the values wont open right away?
We think bookings are going to be way down, I think Disney fan forums are overstating demand. Money issues, Time off issues. Safety issues. Issues with modified Disney Experience. International visitors can't even enter the US. Deluxe resorts might as well open since DVC sections have to open. That suggests a lot of guests will be upgraded. POP is likely to be the first value to open, skyliner.

Does BCV even have a real quick service restaurant? No doubt Disney could add a temporary quick service facility. Could be as simple as food trucks with guests taking their purchases back to their rooms. Another poster had another idea Sanaa could be used.

I called on Sunday for a refund on my park tickets and it was posted this morning.
I got way behind on this thread late last week so I feel like I've missed a lot. Is this a new development? Are they now offering refunds instead of just extensions?

Also, can anyone tell me if we've heard anything new about AP's? Last I knew was just that they were stopping the clock until the parks reopen. I'm hoping they do something better than that.

I guess one more question I have about the upgrade rumors: are we assuming Disney is going to do near 100% occupancy at the open resorts before they open more? I'm not sure that's a safe assumption (pun intended).

We won't have a vaccine before the end of the year, and that's assuming a lot of "magic". Union contract requires masks. I think Disney is more likely to relax social distancing.

Does BCV even have a real quick service restaurant? No doubt Disney could add a temporary quick service facility. Could be as simple as food trucks with guests taking their purchases back to their rooms. Another poster had another idea Sanaa could be used.

Physical distancing is far, far more important than mask wearing.

BCV does not have a quick service. It uses the BC facilities for all dining. DVC has already said that restaurants will be open for DVC so that to me means that BC restaurants in some capacity will be open

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter