DCA Food & Wine 2018 3/2-4/12

I just hope they have the mac & cheese with french onion on top because I have been dreaming about it since I had it last year. I know they had the recipe in the food & wine book I saw in WDW when we went to that festival but I think I would likely be disappointed in my own version lol.

That was my favorite last year as well. I haven't made the recipe yet but I have recently put some leftover caramelized onions on some from the box mac and cheese and it vaguely reminded me of the good stuff from DCA. I really should make the real stuff sometime soon.

I'm so happy for this thread -- I've been checking the website obsessively looking for menus and thought I was the only one. :)

I got the cookbook at my first trip to Epcot F&W last year and have been slowly cooking my way through it.

Hello all! Foodies and Disers alike.

I wanted to get a chat going about the upcoming Food & Wine Festival at DCA. Now I know it is no EPCOT F&W but we hold our own out here in CA.

This year the dates are March 2 - April 12 and the festival is strictly at Disney California Adventure Park. There are a multitude of demonstrations, meet and greets, tastings, and other entertaining events during the festival. Below I have outlined a few for quick reference and taken the information direct from disneyland.com. Reservations are not required for all events but highly recommended, and to be made with Disney directly.

Celebrity Chef LIVE! at the Hyperion:
You’ve seen them on TV―now watch as star chefs share some of the secrets of their success, personal stories and a few of their favorite recipes.

What’s on the menu? Pure entertainment as the guest chef turns up the heat to create a few of their signature dishes live on stage in the Hyperion Theater. Following the show, Guests are invited for a fun tasting.

Guy Fieri LIVE! at the Hyperion
Friday, March 9, 2018
8:00 PM

Robert Irvine LIVE! at the Hyperion
Friday, March 30, 2018

Event Location and Price
Hyperion Theater is in Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure Park.
$99.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Theme park admission is NOT required for this event. Hyperion Theater seating section is assigned. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase. Shared standing cocktail tables offered during the Tasting Party. Guests ages 21 and older must present a valid photo ID to be served an alcoholic beverage. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

VIP Opportunity
Want to really feel the heat? Be seated ON STAGE for the Celebrity Chef LIVE! – VIP Experience.

• Get up close and personal.
  • A very limited number of VIP seats are available.
  • Be part of the action on stage as the chef prepares masterful dishes and delightful beverages.
  • Enjoy a private Meet & Greet before the show with a backstage toast and a signed gift.
Guy Fieri LIVE! at the Hyperion – VIP Experience
Friday, March 9, 2018

Robert Irvine LIVE! at the Hyperion -– VIP Experience
Friday, March 30, 2018

Event Location and Price
Hyperion Theater is in Hollywood Land in Disney California Park.
$250.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Theme park admission is NOT required for this event. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to participate in this offer. Valid Photo ID is required. All Guests will be required to agree to and sign a waiver before participating. Guests ages 21 and older must present a valid photo ID to be served an alcoholic beverage. Autographed item will be pre-signed. We ask that you do not bring any personal items to be signed. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Next we have the Sweet Sundays series, one of my favorites yummm

Start your festival day with a light breakfast and sparkling wine toast during an entertaining baking demonstration.

The chefs will show how they make a few of their signature desserts. You’ll get lots of great cooking tips, but the best part might just be getting to sample the completed creations!

Sunday, March 4, 2018 – 10:00 AM to noon
Keegan Gerhard
Food Network Challenge

Sunday, March 11, 2018 – 10:00 AM to noon
Emily Ellyn
Food Network Star and Cutthroat Kitchen

Sunday, April 8, 2018 – 10:00 AM to noon
Duff Goldman
Cake Masters and Ace of Cakes

Event Location and Price
Napa Rose, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
$99.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Guests ages 21 and older must present a valid photo ID to be served an alcoholic beverage. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

For the wine lovers in your group, the Winemakers Dinner:
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival offers 3 nights of gourmet wine-focused pairing meals.

Each dinner event highlights wines from different California vintners, with the meal’s courses carefully selected to enhance the flavor of the wine. Guest presenters from the featured wineries will provide background and tasting notes and describe how the chef planned the dishes to make the most of the flavor of the wines.

Pick the date you would like to attend one of our 3 spectacular Winemaker Dinners. Each unforgettable Winemaker Dinner is served at a remarkable restaurant, lauded for its distinct ambiance and excellent culinary offerings.

Flora Springs
Thursday, March 15, 2018
6:00 PM
Steakhouse 55
Disneyland Hotel
$175.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Join Flora Springs vintner Nat Komes for a 4-course meal expertly prepared by Steakhouse 55 Chef Marcel St. Pierre. Each course is created to pair harmoniously with selected Flora Springs wines. After each course, Nat will visit your table to share stories about his family’s vineyards and winery, located in beautiful Napa Valley, California.

Disney Family of Wines
Thursday, March 29, 2018
6:30 PM
Napa Rose
Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa
$250.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Enjoy a very special evening featuring the wines from 4 “Disney Family of Wines” winemakers: Fess Parker Winery, Kurt Russell’s GoGi Wines, Silverado Vineyards and Skywalker Vineyards. Each course of the inspired menu, created by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton, will be paired with a hand-selected wine from one of the featured wineries. With the beautiful Napa Rose hosting this stellar event, your evening is sure to sparkle.

David Arthur Vineyards
Thursday, April 5, 2018
6:30 PM
Carthay Circle Restaurant
Disney California Adventure Park
$300.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Delight in an exclusive evening under the stars celebrating David Arthur Wines. This 1930’s Hollywood-themed evening is limited to 24 Guests, with vintner David Long expertly pairing each course with the ideal wine. The event begins with a reception at Carthay Circle Restaurant, followed by a 4-course dinner created by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton on the North Patio. If you like, come dressed in 1930’s attire to add another layer of fun to this stylish event!

For events taking place in Disney California Adventure, separate theme park admission is required and not included in the price of this event. Guests must be age 21 or older to attend and present a valid photo ID at event check-in. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Brewmaster Beer Dinners:
This year’s festival features a 4-course beer pairing menu that celebrates the hand-crafted flavors of Karl Strauss Brewing Company.

At this event, hand-selected beers will be paired and served with a specialty menu created by the Disney culinary team. Brewmaster Matt Johnson will present each beer and describe the chef’s vision for the pairing.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 – 6:00 PM
Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Matt Johnson, Brewmaster of Brewing Operations

Event Location and Price
Steakhouse 55, Disneyland Hotel
$150.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities for servers

Guests must be age 21 or older to attend and present a valid photo ID at event check-in. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Wine, Beer and Spirits Educational Tasting Seminars:
Each session is presented by a beverage industry professional who will guide you through sample tastings.

Wine Education & Tasting Seminars
Sip in the glory of California wines outdoors on the lovely Sonoma Terrace at Golden Vine Winery as you learn about different wine varieties, get tasting notes and ask questions about the wine being served.

Join Disneyland Resort Sommeliers, on Mondays through Thursdays during the event, with each seminar focused on a varietal, region or style. Each Sommelier will hand-curate their selection based on their own experience, knowledge base and personal favorites.

Beer Education & Tasting Seminars
Here’s your chance to learn more about some of these favorite grown-up beverages and find out what goes into making them, as samples are presented with notes about the flavors, ideas for food pairings and how best to serve each one.

Spirits Education & Tasting Seminars
Mix, muddle, shake and stir with acclaimed distillers and makers of craft spirits. Each seminar will focus on a single spirit or style of drink and will end with the featured cocktail—made by you!

Event Location, Dates and Price
Golden Vine Winery, Sonoma Terrace
March 2 to April 12, 2018
Friday, Saturday and Sunday

• 11:45 AM
  • 1:30 PM
  • 3:15 PM
  • 5:00 PM
Monday through Thursday
  • 5:00 PM
$20.00 per person, plus tax

Separate Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required and not included in the price of this event. Guests must be age 21 or older to attend and present a valid photo ID at event check-in. Space is limited. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Culinary Demonstrations:
Watch popular chefs present a culinary demonstration that rocks Paradise Park with mouth-watering aromas. We've gathered some of the best chefs around to share their go-to recipes and insider tips for preparing sensational dishes.

Events Location
Palisades Stage, Paradise Park – an outdoor location
March 2 to April 12, 2018
Friday through Sunday, 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM

Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Culinary Demonstrations
  • Included in your valid theme park admission to Disney California Adventure Park
  • Standing room only
  • No samples will be served
Culinary Demonstration VIP Packages
  • $30 per person, plus tax (includes gratuities for servers)
  • Reserved seating
  • A private Meet & Greet with the chef will follow the demonstration, taking place away from the demonstration area
  • A sample tasting of the chef's prepared dish
Separate theme park admission required. This package is limited and may not be offered at all culinary demonstrations. VIP seating for each demonstration will begin approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the demonstration. Those arriving late may be delayed in being seated. Schedules, presenters, menus and location subject to change without notice.

Reservations:
Reservations are required and space is limited for these popular events. We recommend you make your reservations in advance.

Reservations may be made up to the day of an event; however, we are unable to guarantee availability. Price does not include tax, which will be included at time of payment. Full payment is required at time of booking to secure your reservation.

Important Information
  • Separate Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required and not included in the price of this event.
  • Once booked, there are no cancellations, exchanges or refunds.
  • Event elements and information, including presenters, schedules, pricing and hours are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Share with the group if you like, your plans to attend any of these events. Perhaps there will be a few of us attending at the same time! Fellow Disers are always fun to run into and share in our Disney magic.

My next post will focus on the Marketplace and food Kiosks!

Festival Marketplace and Food Kiosks

There will be 13 food booth kiosks this year, more information will be posted as it becomes available!

**Current source of data Disney Food Blog**

Citrus Grove:

• Meyer lemon macaron with blueberry marmalade, Meyer lemon cream and blueberry dust
I Heart Artichokes:
  • Fried Artichoke carbonara with garlic aioli and smoked bacon
  • Creamy artichoke and dark chocolate cake pop
LA Style:
  • Chicken Teriyaki slider with spicy Dole® pineapple jam
  • Korean barbecue beef short rib tacos with Kimchi slaw
Nuts about Cheese:
  • Goat Cheese Tartine topped with honey and pistachios

Last edited:

More activities for the whole family are available with the Family-Friendly Seminars:

Guest presenters will share their expertise during 20- to 30-minute appearances on select days throughout the festival.

Feed Your Passion
From growing your own vegetables to learning to prepare some Festival Marketplace favorites, you’ll get inspired or maybe even discover a new interest during each information-packed live session. The presenters will share tips and tricks of their trade to get you in the swing for spring―and beyond.

Location and Schedule
Backlot Stage, Hollywood Land

• Multiple presenters appear each Thursday through Sunday during the festival.
  • See signs at the event location for a list of topics and times.
Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required

Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Seating is available on a first-come, first seated basis.

Important Information

• Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required.
  • All sessions are at the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land.
  • Capacity is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Event elements and information, including presenters, schedules and hours are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Try our Jr. Chef for ages 3-11 for hands on cooking experiences:

Aspiring young chefs can get in the “kitchen” where they’ll mix a variety of ingredients to create magical treats.

With silly supervision from Chef Goofy, kids follow a recipe and then swirl everything together (little hands may get messy). The finished goodies go into the magic oven and―voila! Each child gets a wrapped, ready-to-eat baked treat.

There is no cost to participate. The Jr. Chef kitchen is open for fun several times daily in the Hollywood Backlot. Daily showtimes are posted at the event location.

Jr Chef is available on a first-come, first-served basis for children ages 3 to 11.

The number of participants for each Jr. Chef event is limited. Children under age 7 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older.

Disney California Adventure theme park admission is required.
Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

Merchandise and AP Discounts:

Festival Merchandise
Commemorate the good times at this year’s festival with souvenirs, shirts, hats and gifts.

2018 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Merchandise

Find festival-design apparel, ornaments, drinkware, water bottles and more at:

• Studio Store
  • Festival Gifts, in Hollywood Backlot near Stage 12
  • Festival Merchandise Carts
  • Seaside Souvenirs

Signed Art
Meet the artist and watch them create their masterpieces. Limited edition and one-of-a-kind works of art will be available for purchase next to Festival Gifts in Hollywood Backlot.

Festival Gift Cards
A convenient way to enjoy your visit is to pay using a Festival Gift Card, a unique Disney Gift Card that has a handy elastic wristband. Available at:
  • Oswald’s
  • Elias & Co.
  • Trolley Treats
  • Off the Page
  • Laod Bhang’s Pin Traders Cart
  • Festival Merchandise Carts

AP Discounts not yet posted on website.

Nice thread, it has the beginnings of a great mega-thread! I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be on the main Disneyland (California) board instead of one level lower here on the Disneyland Community Board, which is "A place for those who love Disneyland to talk about everything else under the golden sun."

I keep trying but no luck, when I click on Menu I get: "Please check closer to the event for an updated menu"... Thanks, Disney super helpful tip!

After the Parks Blog posted the Epcot Flower & Garden menus yesterday (02/21) I inquired about DCA F&W on twitter and got this response - "Please keep an eye on Disneyland.com. They'll be here before you can say "Mickey Mouse"!"

SOooooo.....hopefully that means today. I'm dying to plan out my strategy!

After the Parks Blog posted the Epcot Flower & Garden menus yesterday (02/21) I inquired about DCA F&W on twitter and got this response - "Please keep an eye on Disneyland.com. They'll be here before you can say "Mickey Mouse"!"

SOooooo.....hopefully that means today. I'm dying to plan out my strategy!

Anytime now would be great....

Not full menus, but Disney Food Blog has put up photos of the booths currently being set up -- including some new ones!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-california-adventure-food-and-wine-festival/

Booths pictured at source:

Peppers Cali-Ente
Avocado Time (very excited for this one!)
Strawberry Patch
Citrus Grove
I Heart Artichokes
Garlic Kissed
LA Style
Nuts About Cheese
Off the Cob
California Craft Brews
Uncorck California

So two more to be revealed?

Not full menus, but Disney Food Blog has put up photos of the booths currently being set up -- including some new ones!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-california-adventure-food-and-wine-festival/

Booths pictured at source:

Peppers Cali-Ente
Avocado Time (very excited for this one!)
Strawberry Patch
Citrus Grove
I Heart Artichokes
Garlic Kissed
LA Style
Nuts About Cheese
Off the Cob
California Craft Brews
Uncorck California

So two more to be revealed?
If my family ever loses me they will instinctively know to find me at Strawberry Patch or Uncork California (which undoubtedly will serve obscenely small amounts of wine for egregious prices and I'll do my best not to care since I'll be drinking in my happy place while eating strawberry delectables)...

I just got the letter in the mail! They say there will be 13 booths and they highlighted:
LA Style- chicken teriyaki slider featuring spicy dole pineapple jam or Korean bbq beef short rib tacos with kimchi slaw
I (heart) Artichokes: fried artichoke carbonara with garlic aioli and crumbled bacon topping. Artichoke cake pop drenched in chocolate and pistachios
Citurs Grove: meyer lemon macaron iwth blueberry marmalade, meyer lemon cream and blueberry dust
Nuts About Chese: goat cheese tartine- toast with goat cheese, honey and pistachios

I'm ridiculously happy there is an artichoke booth :)
My sister is joining us on a DL trip next month specifically for the Food & Wine festival. To be honest, those sound pretty gross to me with the exception of the lemon dessert. However, I'm not a fan of fancy cheese and I hate anything with artichokes. My sister will probably like it!

I agree. And really...a teriyaki chicken slider? Can they be less original? How about some pulled pork or beef at least?

"Can they be less original?" Haha! It doesn't surprise me in the least, because corporate Disney is so wrapped up in movie brands and being pc, that creativity appears to be pretty much a thing of their past!! :(

The final two booths have been revealed, both of which are new to the Festival: Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo and Eat Your Greens.

This means the full list is:

Peppers Cali-Ente
Avocado Time
Strawberry Patch
Citrus Grove
I Heart Artichokes
Garlic Kissed
LA Style
Nuts About Cheese
Off the Cob
California Craft Brews
Uncorck California
Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo
Eat Your Greens

Very curious what these two new booths will bring with them. I was surprised we didn't get a menu reveal on Friday, so perhaps Monday? It will most likely have the merchandise options included as well.

The final two booths have been revealed, both of which are new to the Festival: Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo and Eat Your Greens.

This means the full list is:

Peppers Cali-Ente
Avocado Time
Strawberry Patch
Citrus Grove
I Heart Artichokes
Garlic Kissed
LA Style
Nuts About Cheese
Off the Cob
California Craft Brews
Uncorck California
Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo
Eat Your Greens

Very curious what these two new booths will bring with them. I was surprised we didn't get a menu reveal on Friday, so perhaps Monday? It will most likely have the merchandise options included as well.

We were at DCA last night. Saw the new booths and also very curious what Cluck-a-Doodle Moo will be. The icon for the booth is a cow, so I imagine beef and perhaps chicken? My husband guesses chicken fried steak. LOL. I guess we will see. So odd that they haven't released the menus yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter