• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCA Food & Wine 2018 3/2-4/12

Anyone else remember when the Food and Wine festival used to be FREE food and FREE wine? Ahhh, those were the days...

I'm excited about this, too, but still... the memories...

Anyone else remember when the Food and Wine festival used to be FREE food and FREE wine? Ahhh, those were the days...

I'm excited about this, too, but still... the memories...
Uh, no. Even the first one in 2006 at DCA charged for the food and drink offerings at their two locations. (Courtesy Wikipedia I learned that today!)

So happy to see threads converged and conversation flowing! Thank you for the help mods.

Anyone have a favorite snack yet?
I want to try them all!!!

Uh, no. Even the first one in 2006 at DCA charged for the food and drink offerings at their two locations. (Courtesy Wikipedia I learned that today!)
No, there were food demonstrations and wine tastings with absolutely free samples. I mean, the wine was literal sips, but you’d get a few to try. Each food demonstration had food at the end, about the same portion as you’d get now. Lemme look up some pictures. Those were the days...

I pulled some FB posts from a day I visited since I mentioned the “free” aspect rather repeatedly at the time...
UyVEftq.jpg

This was a wine tasting - three tastes per person. As noted in my comment at the time... free. We actually joined a wine club from one of these!

QjSy8n4.jpg

This was what you got after a food demonstration. Now, you did have to attend the demonstration for this, so this is probably at least a 30-minute time investment, maybe more if it was a popular demo and you had to wait... it’s not like you walked around collecting free food. But I found the demonstrations fun in their own right, and they were a nice mid-afternoon snack break!

O4kgALX.jpg

Here you can see the venue for some of the demonstrations a little better - nice tent, free water bottles, pencils to takes notes on the recipes... it was really nice!

your free pupus look better than any of the offerings for purchase

Last edited:
I pulled some FB posts from a day I visited since I mentioned the “free” aspect rather repeatedly at the time...
This was a wine tasting - three tastes per person. As noted in my comment at the time... free. We actually joined a wine club from one of these!...
This was what you got after a food demonstration. Now, you did have to attend the demonstration for this, so this is probably at least a 30-minute time investment, maybe more if it was a popular demo and you had to wait... it’s not like you walked around collecting free food. But I found the demonstrations fun in their own right, and they were a nice mid-afternoon snack break!... Here you can see the venue for some of the demonstrations a little better - nice tent, free water bottles, pencils to takes notes on the recipes... it was really nice!
Now that looks like a lot of fun!!! Bummer they aren't doing it like that anymore for sure!

UyVEftq.jpg

This was a wine tasting - three tastes per person. As noted in my comment at the time... free. We actually joined a wine club from one of these!

QjSy8n4.jpg

This was what you got after a food demonstration. Now, you did have to attend the demonstration for this, so this is probably at least a 30-minute time investment, maybe more if it was a popular demo and you had to wait... it’s not like you walked around collecting free food. But I found the demonstrations fun in their own right, and they were a nice mid-afternoon snack break!

O4kgALX.jpg

Here you can see the venue for some of the demonstrations a little better - nice tent, free water bottles, pencils to takes notes on the recipes... it was really nice!
I remember when it was like this. I think I saw Guy Fieri...and someone else at CA Adventure F&W.

Has anyone taken or found pictures of merch? I have only seen the handful of AP products.

If anyone sees a 2018 allergy menu, please post...

From the last 2 pages of the 2018 Tasting Passport (there are icons for each category beside these items on the menu inside the passport):

Gluten Free
LA Style: Korean BBQ Short Rib Tacos
Peppers Cali-Ente: Verlasso Sustainable Salmon Peruvian Poke with Cucumber Lime Salad and Aji Verde Salsa
Off the Cob: Shrimp Boil Tacos with Andouille Sausage and Fresh Corn

Kid Friendly
LA Style: Mexican Chocolate Custard
Peppers Cali-Ente: Jalapeno Poppers Mac & Cheese
Strawberry Patch: Strawberry and Coconut Rice "Frushi" with Sweet Oikos Greek Nonfat Yogurt Wasabi Sauce
Watsonville Strawberry Pie
Avocado Time: Avocado and Pepper Jack Petite Guacamole Burger
Citrus Grove: Crispy Orange Chicken & Rice with Garlic Cracker
Off the Cob: Sweet Corn Nuggets with Beef Chili
Caramel Popcorn Crispy Treat
Garlic Kissed: Creamy Mac & Cheese with Garlic Bread Crumble

Vegetarian
Nuts About Cheese: Brie Toast with Fig, Mint, and Almond Crumble
Goat Cheese Fromage Blanc Tartine with Rosemary and Hazelnuts
Selection of 3 CA cheeses: Point Reyes Blue, Vella Jack, Fiscalini Cheddar
California Craft Brews: White Cheddar Lager Soup in a mini Boudin Sourdough Boule
Avocado Time: Spiced Oomph! on Pita with Avocado Hummus and Garlic Sauce (Vegan)
Avocado Ice Cream Bar
Eat Your Greens: Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad
Compressed Asian Cucumbers with Green Sauce, Toasted Almonds, and Sea Beans (Vegan)
I <3 Artichokes: Grilled & Chilled Artichoke Hearts with Romesco (Vegan)
Garlic Kissed: Creamy mac & Cheese with Garlic Bread Crumble

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter