DDA Chapter 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNO4TE

I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...
Hey all! here is our new home.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb and Theresa because they worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

DDA Chapter 4
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716386

DDA Chapter 5
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742793

DDA Chapter 6
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1773591

DDA Chapter 7
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1806171

DDA Chapter 8
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1834982

DDA Chapter 9
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861225

DDA Chapter 10
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1891203

DDA Chapter 11
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1926687

Good morning. :)

TGIF

YAY! I get the first post in Chapter 12, other than the Table of Contents. ;)

Aww, I so thought I was going to be the one! :rotfl: Still, I'm pretty impressed. I didn't go on posting like crazy on the other chapter ;)

Good morning Tammi and Elin! :goodvibes

I'm off to feed the girls and then get to work! Have a wonderful day DDA!

I messed up and posted once on chapter 11, but its still on page 250.

:hug: :hug:

There is no way I'm going to catch up. No way. My week is as bad as I thought it would be. Talk about stress.

My twin has turned into Tiny Tears.

I can't wait until Friday. Just can't wait.

Kristine, great news on the upgrade!

Theresa, great news on the trip!

Deb, you are sooooo creative. Love the costume.

Well, I didn't get a chance to read too much more. Sorry. I'll catch up next week. I want my bed.

Wow where is everyone? usually when a new chapter is started there are lots of post.

DS said they watched a video about 9/11 in History today. Not sure what he thinks about it, though.
We heard some of the news on the radio on the way to school the day it happened but we had no idea how serious it was. The DJs on the radio were kind of joking about it because there was a statement about checking the "list" of hijacked aircraft, like there were lots of them. Which we all thought was ridiculous. How many could there POSSIBLY be? Well, we found out soon enough. :sad2: I felt kind of funny about leaving DS and my charges at school, but the director said she would call us if the boys needed to go home. My boss was at the school for a meeting so I figured she could grab them if they needed to be grabbed. I went home and watched the coverage on TV. The Dadboss I had at the time was at a conference in DC and they weren't told ANYTHING. :scared1: He called at lunch and I said something about "no flights". He was completely clueless, then completely boggled. It was tricky for him to get back home.

I was watching GMA while the girls were playing (at the time I was watching my niece and my neighbors little girl along with Emma, they were all 1). I saw the 2nd plane hit live and sort of just fell into the sofa. Then when the plane hit the Pentagon I panicked. Eric worked in DC and Northern VA at the time while I knew he wasn't there I was scared there would be more. I didn't talk to him until about 4 in the afternoon. It was a long day.

Well, I was wrong about Ike, I didn't think we would feel the effects. But we are now under a Tropical Storm warning, we already have some local flooding and we've had a couple of feeder bands pass through the area.

:wizard: Stay safe.

Guess what I got today?! Really, guess!
A box!
001-2.jpg

I heard another rumor that some chick in MD needs to get to the store and ultimately the post office.;)

I beat the school to the punch. They advertised Patriot Day in school and told the kids to wear red, white and blue. So while he was getting ready this morning I asked him if he knew why it was Patriot Day or why they wanted the kids to wear the colors. He said no, of course, and I asked his if he had ever heard of 9-11. No again. I made it real simple in the fact that their were people from other countries that didn't like Americans and because of that they flew airplanes into building in NY, in DC (not really but it was easier) and into the ground in PA, causing thousands of people to die. Then I said that we wear our colors to show that we are proud to be Americans and to remember those that died. He seemed satisfied with it. I just didn't want him hearing things from other kids and not understand, so that was my 8 yr old version of facts.

We have talked about it before as a day that the towers fell, so she has had some info from us. Our conversation last night coming home from Brownies got more intense, we carpool with another mom/girl and we were talking about what we were doing. Both girls listened intently. Then when it was just us she asked about the plane in PA. I told her that the bad people on their wanted it to crash into a building but the good passengers on the plane knew that if that happened a lot of people would die so they decided to fight back and crashed the plane into the ground. And they did so knowing that they'd die but also save many people. She told me they were very brave.

So my parents are now wavering on whether or not they are going with us to WDW in December. I know it's miniscule to some issues, but please send some pd that they will go with. I was talking to my dad this afternoon and he said Eh, we'll go some other time. My response: you don't know how many other times you have left!

:wizard: that they'll go.

I was at work on 9/11, I still remember my cash office person coming out and telling everyone what was happening. I can honesly say that year was the worst year of my life. I lost my mom three weeks later on 10/05.

The wind is pretty strong outside but we shouldn't get anything major.

:hug:'s

Are your parents in poor health? I do hope they decide to join you! :wizard:

I talked to Susan today. Her dad had his surgery last Friday. There are several huge, inoperable tumors, so I just don't know what his prognosis is. She said he had some complications with his incision opening back up earlier this week. They wanted him to remain hospitalized through Saturday, but then told him to go home today because they needed to make room for hurricane victims! :scared1: There is no way I would have allowed that. NO WAY. So he has gone back home to his small town east of here. :sad2: Susan said he's not strong enough for chemo and he's not a candidate for radiation, so they are just waiting to see what happens next.

:hug: 's and :wizard: for peace for Susan and her dad.

okay-I've tried doing the research into this well researched essay....there ain't anything out there!!:headache:

So I'm going to bed before my head explodes!!

Oh Theresa, lots of :wizard:

DH is voicing some concerns about trying to drive the trucks for work in 70 mph winds. I told him we will not risk our lives for chips, period, the end. It's out of character for him to be worried about weather conditions.

There is a guy on the Photo forum trying to figure out how to take pics of Ike without ruining his camera in the rain! :eek:

He needs to stay safe. :wizard:

My Mother's Dad died at 54, my Dad's parents in their 60's and my Mom's Mom was 82. So where do I fit in? :confused3

I've always heard that you are more likely to take after your grandparents but not sure which one that would be. My mom's dad died at 47. My dad's parents at 77 and 84. My mom's mom is still alive at 86 but she has no quality of life, she's been a nursing home since 2003 and can't move. She also suffers from vascular dementia so she flits between the past and the present.

I should head to bed as I have so much to accomplish in a short amount of time tomorrow. The boys are so excited to wear their costumes so I guess my job is done. :rotfl: I'm even excited that Chris and I will be going to the race together. It's like a date :goodvibes

Enjoy!

I'm going to Disney next month...... :goodvibes

WooHoo!!!

An online friend told me that there had been an accident in New York. At that point they thought it was a random accident. I turned on the television and saw the second plane hit. I called Bob to tell him and to ask if he had heard anything and to ask if he would please call me because I had to go to work.

I had four families coming in at 9:30 for their first class with their 3 year olds. The plane had not hit the Pentagon yet. I remember when the barber next door came over to tell us about that and one of the mother's started a keening moan I will never forget. Her husband worked at the Pentagon. He survived. All of our good friends who worked at the Pentagon survived. My boss' son's sister-in-law did not. One of my student's fathers missed his flight that morning... it impacted the Pentagon.

We live along the flight paths for both Reagan National and Dulles airports and it is never quiet here. For the next few months it was so quiet it was eery. I flew to WDW for a Ladies Only weekend on September 26 (oddly, the same date we are going this year) and everyone was being frisked or wanded. We were not allowed out of our seats in a flight from either of the airports for 30 minutes for years afterward.

I will never forget.

:hug:'s

Aww, I so thought I was going to be the one! :rotfl: Still, I'm pretty impressed. I didn't go on posting like crazy on the other chapter ;)

Good morning Tammi and Elin! :goodvibes

I'm off to feed the girls and then get to work! Have a wonderful day DDA!

Thanks goodness I just kept hitting the multi quote so I could move it over to Chapter 12.

Enjoy your day!

Off to get the girls breakfast and get ready for the day. Mo has school today :cool1: :cool1:

Oh and Eliazabeth- It's looks like we are going to the theater that Friday night.

Deb, great Tater costume!:thumbsup2 Did you make any parts with Velcro? Just incase he needs to put on his "Angry Eyes"!

Anyone in Texas on near the path of Ike, stay safe! Sounds like it could be a doozy!

Is he related to Debbie?? ;)

Maybe. Debbie, are you related to Mark? :confused:

Off to get the girls breakfast and get ready for the day. Mo has school today :cool1: :cool1:

Oh and Eliazabeth- It's looks like we are going to the theater that Friday night.

Great! I'll put it on my calendar! :thumbsup2

Deb, great Tater costume!:thumbsup2 Did you make any parts with Velcro? Just incase he needs to put on his "Angry Eyes"!

Anyone in Texas on near the path of Ike, stay safe! Sounds like it could be a doozy!

Yep. It should be interesting! :scared:

I got an e-mail from Diva this morning. That NEVER, NEVER happens. She said Mom isn't feeling well. If it is enough to scare Diva then it definitely scares me. I will call Mom later and see what she says. Her onc is on his cruise (I think) but I may put a call in to his office anyway.

Chat with you all later!

I got an e-mail from Diva this morning. That NEVER, NEVER happens. She said Mom isn't feeling well. If it is enough to scare Diva then it definitely scares me. I will call Mom later and see what she says. Her onc is on his cruise (I think) but I may put a call in to his office anyway.

Chat with you all later!

Elizabeth :hug:

Oh, Elizabeth. That would be reason enough to scare me too. Best of luck on the phone calls. :hug:

Everyone needs to call Disney Dining! They have a new answering system and it starts with a pixiedust: chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

Everyone needs to call Disney Dining! They have a new answering system and it starts with a pixiedust: chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

I would, if I had a reason to! Instead, I'll call with the rest of the world in October! :sad2: :rotfl: It's nice to hear about, though!

Elizabeth, good luck. Please keep us posted. :hug:

Lets talk older TV shows. Which did you prefer - Addam's Family or The Munsters?

I liked the Addam's Family.

Neat huh? :teeth: That's been our TA voice for a while now. I guess it passed muster for guests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter