DDA Chapter 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug:

I got an e-mail from Diva this morning. That NEVER, NEVER happens. She said Mom isn't feeling well. If it is enough to scare Diva then it definitely scares me. I will call Mom later and see what she says. Her onc is on his cruise (I think) but I may put a call in to his office anyway.

Chat with you all later!

Lets talk older TV shows. Which did you prefer - Addam's Family or The Munsters?

I liked the Addam's Family.

I didn't particularly like either, but I guess if I had to pick it would be the Munster's just because of Fred Gwynne.

A piece of trivia about him.... did you know he wrote and illustrated children's books? They are wonderful if you can find them.

I got an e-mail from Diva this morning. That NEVER, NEVER happens. She said Mom isn't feeling well. If it is enough to scare Diva then it definitely scares me. I will call Mom later and see what she says. Her onc is on his cruise (I think) but I may put a call in to his office anyway.

Chat with you all later!
:hug: I am so sorry, Elizabeth!

Everyone needs to call Disney Dining! They have a new answering system and it starts with a pixiedust: chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

I sure wish that I had a reason to!

Lets talk older TV shows. Which did you prefer - Addam's Family or The Munsters?

I liked the Addam's Family.

That's a tough one. I had a thing for both Fred Gwynne and John Astin when I was young.

To everyone in Texas, stay safe. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ditto! pixiedust:

Lots of good thoughts for you guys in Texas (and by the looks of it Mississippi and Alabama are not exempt from this enormous storm). You all be very careful.

Did your children's schools have a moment of silence in honor of 9/11?

I was ASTOUNDED that the middle school did not! All the district schools have been doing this since the first anniversary....

Thank you Deb!!!
003-2.jpg

Very nice! It's fun to see what's in your boxes!

So my parents are now wavering on whether or not they are going with us to WDW in December. I know it's miniscule to some issues, but please send some pd that they will go with. I was talking to my dad this afternoon and he said Eh, we'll go some other time. My response: you don't know how many other times you have left!

Tammi -- Convince him. You just never know. I'm a prime example and I am so thankful that Mom and I had a girls trip to Disney on one of my business trips.

Are your parents in poor health? I do hope they decide to join you! :wizard:

I talked to Susan today. Her dad had his surgery last Friday. There are several huge, inoperable tumors, so I just don't know what his prognosis is. She said he had some complications with his incision opening back up earlier this week. They wanted him to remain hospitalized through Saturday, but then told him to go home today because they needed to make room for hurricane victims! :scared1: There is no way I would have allowed that. NO WAY. So he has gone back home to his small town east of here. :sad2: Susan said he's not strong enough for chemo and he's not a candidate for radiation, so they are just waiting to see what happens next.

PD for Susan's Dad and for her! :hug:

I should head to bed as I have so much to accomplish in a short amount of time tomorrow. The boys are so excited to wear their costumes so I guess my job is done. :rotfl: I'm even excited that Chris and I will be going to the race together. It's like a date :goodvibes

Have a fantastic time!

There is no way I'm going to catch up. No way. My week is as bad as I thought it would be. :scared1: :scared1: Talk about stress.

My twin has turned into Tiny Tears.:sad1: :sad1:

I can't wait until Friday. Just can't wait.

Kristine, great news on the upgrade! :goodvibes

Theresa, great news on the trip!:goodvibes

Deb, you are sooooo creative. Love the costume.:goodvibes

Well, I didn't get a chance to read too much more. Sorry. I'll catch up next week. I want my bed.:love:

Steffy -- Thank goodness we're almost through with this crappy week. To a new week -- I'll drink to that!

I was watching GMA while the girls were playing (at the time I was watching my niece and my neighbors little girl along with Emma, they were all 1). I saw the 2nd plane hit live and sort of just fell into the sofa. Then when the plane hit the Pentagon I panicked. Eric worked in DC and Northern VA at the time while I knew he wasn't there I was scared there would be more. I didn't talk to him until about 4 in the afternoon. It was a long day.

Oh my -- I was sick with a sinus infection so I was home later than usual and getting ready to drive in to see a doctor. I was on the phone talking to my mom and we were both watching GMA and Charlie Gibson talking when the second plane hit. I agree -- it took me to my knees. :hug:

One of Merrie's friends was on the plane that went in to the edge of the Pentagon. She actually went to the dedication of the Memorial there yesterday.

Maybe. Debbie, are you related to Mark? :confused:

Great! I'll put it on my calendar! :thumbsup2

Yep. It should be interesting! :scared:

Chat with you all later!

Elizabeth -- I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Sending lots of PD to you. Even though DS doesn't know us, I'm still willing to help out in any way if you need to take off and DH needs to work. They'll bond over video games fast!

All sports events have been cancelled for my boys tomorrow, so we'll take it easy and watch movies. I'm hoping that we can also get some clean-up in.

Have a good day everyone! :)

I was ASTOUNDED that the middle school did not! All the district schools have been doing this since the first anniversary....

Yes -- Shelton did.

Kristine -- good luck for Bill's appt. today!

Elin, I did not know the Fred wrote children's books. I will have to look them up, as I just love buying books for my cousins. :)

Sorry Kristine I do not know about our schools, but I would hope they have enough respect to do so.

I forgot to ask my kids. My dh said that they did not have a moment of silence at work. We didn't mention the day at all at preschool, because those kids are too little to understand.

Great! I'll put it on my calendar! :thumbsup2

Chat with you all later!

I hope you can get in touch with your mom today. :hug:'s

We have talked about it before as a day that the towers fell, so she has had some info from us. Our conversation last night coming home from Brownies got more intense, we carpool with another mom/girl and we were talking about what we were doing. Both girls listened intently. Then when it was just us she asked about the plane in PA. I told her that the bad people on their wanted it to crash into a building but the good passengers on the plane knew that if that happened a lot of people would die so they decided to fight back and crashed the plane into the ground. And they did so knowing that they'd die but also save many people. She told me they were very brave.
You said it all so well. It's a shame that our little kids have to try to grasp the totality of that horror. :sad2:

I don't know if they did or not.

Very nice! It's fun to see what's in your boxes!

Tammi -- Convince him. You just never know. I'm a prime example and I am so thankful that Mom and I had a girls trip to Disney on one of my business trips.

PD for Susan's Dad and for her! :hug:

Have a fantastic time!

Steffy -- Thank goodness we're almost through with this crappy week. To a new week -- I'll drink to that!

Oh my -- I was sick with a sinus infection so I was home later than usual and getting ready to drive in to see a doctor. I was on the phone talking to my mom and we were both watching GMA and Charlie Gibson talking when the second plane hit. I agree -- it took me to my knees. :hug:

One of Merrie's friends was on the plane that went in to the edge of the Pentagon. She actually went to the dedication of the Memorial there yesterday.

Elizabeth -- I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Sending lots of PD to you. Even though DS doesn't know us, I'm still willing to help out in any way if you need to take off and DH needs to work. They'll bond over video games fast!

All sports events have been cancelled for my boys tomorrow, so we'll take it easy and watch movies. I'm hoping that we can also get some clean-up in.

Have a good day everyone! :)

I imagine the dedication ceremony was very moving. We'll have to make it a point to visit some day.

Enjoy your free day tomorrow!!!

Everyone needs to call Disney Dining! They have a new answering system and it starts with a pixiedust: chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

I read about that! Did you all hear they are renaming the DDE card to Tables In Wonderland :confused3

I just did! Love the pd sound. That is going to screw up TGM's advice on how to get through all the prompts to make those elusive ADRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter