DDA Chapter 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
off to an appt. to help me fine tune my resume again.

Hmm. No answer on Mom's home or cell. So I left a voice mail on her cell. Either she is at work or she is asleep.

Princess and I are off to run some errands. Library, dry cleaners, BANK. I overdrew our checking account for the first time in 20 years. Luckily the bank transferred money from our savings account to cover it. I forgot to write down a transaction and that just shot the poop out of the whole operation. :sad2: If anyone sees my brain would you please toss it in my handbasket? Thanks!

pixiedust: that you hear back from your mother soon, Elizabeth!

If you find your brain, could you please see if it has seen my brain. The other day I needed to buy bread and milk. We prefer bread from one store and milk from another. I decided to just get bread from the same store I buy the milk, because the other store is really out of my way. So, I went in and bought bread. I was all the way home before I realized that I didn't buy the milk! I've been doing a lot of similar things lately.

I was hoping somebody would be willing to read it:goodvibes As soon as I've got it written I'll send it your way!!

I would love to read it! Maybe I can convince dh that we need to see CO in the winter!

I was about to hit "SUBMIT REPLY" with a L O N G brainstorming post but I think I already figured out where I want to spend the extra night in December.

One of my best WDW Christmas memories is of sitting in the Scat Cat lounge area in the early mornings drinking my coffee and listening to the Yamaha Disklavier player piano playing pre-recorded duets of holiday tunes. The software was recorded by two friends of mine and I would sit there reading and thinking of Shannon and Phillip. I want to start my trip this December feeling that way. So... off I go to book 12/21 at POFQ! After breakfast there (beignets... yum :goodvibes ) we can go on over to AKL and check in!

I was about to hit "SUBMIT REPLY" with a L O N G brainstorming post but I think I already figured out where I want to spend the extra night in December.

One of my best WDW Christmas memories is of sitting in the Scat Cat lounge area in the early mornings drinking my coffee and listening to the Yamaha Disklavier player piano playing pre-recorded duets of holiday tunes. The software was recorded by two friends of mine and I would sit there reading and thinking of Shannon and Phillip. I want to start my trip this December feeling that way. So... off I go to book 12/21 at POFQ! After breakfast there (beignets... yum :goodvibes ) we can go on over to AKL and check in!

That sounds wonderful!

Deb, great Tater costume!:thumbsup2 Did you make any parts with Velcro? Just incase he needs to put on his "Angry Eyes"!

Anyone in Texas on near the path of Ike, stay safe! Sounds like it could be a doozy!

We did use velcro for most parts. The nose and ears are sewn on as they were too heavy for the velcro. Nick loves it and I know he will love the attention of people changing up his face :thumbsup2

Maybe. Debbie, are you related to Mark? :confused:

Great! I'll put it on my calendar! :thumbsup2

Yep. It should be interesting! :scared:

I got an e-mail from Diva this morning. That NEVER, NEVER happens. She said Mom isn't feeling well. If it is enough to scare Diva then it definitely scares me. I will call Mom later and see what she says. Her onc is on his cruise (I think) but I may put a call in to his office anyway.

Chat with you all later!

:wizard: :wizard: Maybe she is over reacting :wizard: :wizard: If not I hope that she has already headed to her doctor.

Lets talk older TV shows. Which did you prefer - Addam's Family or The Munsters?

I liked the Addam's Family.

I liked them both

Did your children's schools have a moment of silence in honor of 9/11?

I was ASTOUNDED that the middle school did not! All the district schools have been doing this since the first anniversary....

They have in the past, I'm not sure about this year. Yesterday was a half day so they were so excited to be home early. The did talk with me quite a bit about the events of 9/11 though

I'm thankful Deb didn't send anything in jugs! :rotfl:

I had already mailed it or I would have sent it in jugs ;)

I read about that! Did you all hear they are renaming the DDE card to Tables In Wonderland :confused3

That is the most stupid name they could have come up with. :confused3

Any advice before we get started?

Use large sheets of the contact paper to avoid overstamping the edges and make sure it is adhered well. Otherwise it is a piece of cake :thumbsup2

sounds like lots of :hug: :hug: and :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: and prayers are needed all around but specifically:

Elizabeth-tell Susan we are praying for her. I hope your mom is doing okay today. I think somehow Diva Girl has switched with Cassidy:upsidedow :scared:

Stephanie-I am so sorry this week has been espescially rough on you:flower3:

Tammi- I hope your parents do decide to come and I agree that you don't know what trip will be you last.

Stay safe in Texas, y'all!!

So my brain didn't explode last night but it came close;) Then as I am almost asleep I have a thought.....they want out of the box, so give them out of the box, write a story!! It's still going to be tough but a bit easier.

I'm glad that an idea came to you. :wizard: I'm also sorry that Cassidy is putting you through the ringer these days. She was such a sweet girl when we met her. :hug:

My day was turned upside down :upsidedow Hunter was still complaining of an ear ache this morning so I called the ped at 7 AM and got a 9 AM appointment. I managed a load of laundry and beds made before we left. He does have an ear infection and the doctor commented on his high pain threshold :scared1: Thankfully he only started with it yesterday so it was a quick catch :thumbsup2 She called in a prescription so we headed to Kmart to pick it up and look for something tan for Nick. We found tan pants that he can wear to school afterwards:thumbsup2 Went to pick up the prescription, but she was having trouble getting the insurance to work. So I took him to the cafe for breakfast. He ate slowly, but at least he ate. Finally the prescription was ready. I took him to the car and gave him a does of antibiotics, ibuprophen and sudafed. Then off for a few groceries for the camper. Lots of goodies on clearance so no need to bake cookies :banana: We headed to school and he turned in todays homework and got work for the weekend. Colby was out so we all came home. The 2 boys are napping in Hunter's room now. I need to finish packing the camper and picking up here. Chris should be home around 2 to hook on and we will leave as soon as Nick gets off the bus. My house is far from spotless, but there is no time to worry about that now :rolleyes:

As I watch the weather channel I am very fearful for the lives and homes of all those that are about to be effected by this storm. Please know that you are in our prayers and please do your best to stay out of harms way. :hug: :grouphug: :wizard:

I just read our school newsletter and there was a moment of silence at school

My day was turned upside down :upsidedow Hunter was still complaining of an ear ache this morning so I called the ped at 7 AM and got a 9 AM appointment. I managed a load of laundry and beds made before we left. He does have an ear infection and the doctor commented on his high pain threshold :scared1: Thankfully he only started with it yesterday so it was a quick catch :thumbsup2 She called in a prescription so we headed to Kmart to pick it up and look for something tan for Nick. We found tan pants that he can wear to school afterwards:thumbsup2 Went to pick up the prescription, but she was having trouble getting the insurance to work. So I took him to the cafe for breakfast. He ate slowly, but at least he ate. Finally the prescription was ready. I took him to the car and gave him a does of antibiotics, ibuprophen and sudafed. Then off for a few groceries for the camper. Lots of goodies on clearance so no need to bake cookies :banana: We headed to school and he turned in todays homework and got work for the weekend. Colby was out so we all came home. The 2 boys are napping in Hunter's room now. I need to finish packing the camper and picking up here. Chris should be home around 2 to hook on and we will leave as soon as Nick gets off the bus. My house is far from spotless, but there is no time to worry about that now :rolleyes:

I hope Hunter is feeling better and you all are able to enjoy this weekend, Deb.

So the person I had help me fine tune my resume again said it might not be the best idea to write a story...that'd be too far out of the box. So I think I will do both and see which one you all like better. I gotta hop to it!!

Deb-I'm glad you were able to get Hunter into the Dr. Hope he feels well enough to enjoy the weekend with you all!!

pixiedust: that Hunter feels better quickly!

I'm heading up to Miles' school for "Dunk Day." Reading over the summer earns them balls to throw at a dunk tank. It used to be "Dunk the Principal" but our new principal changed it to "Dunk the Gym/Art Teachers." She's a wuss!

It's currently cold and pouring, though, so it's not going to be a pleasant day in the dunk tank or standing up there helping. There was a rain date set for next Friday (which currently looks good), so I don't know why they didn't go with that. This rain started a while ago, and even this morning, you could tell we were in for plenty of rain. Oh, well...I hated having to make the decision the year that I was in charge, so I guess I should know better than to second guess it now.

Theresa, I'd have to go back and re-read the directions, but I can see a story working. pixiedust: that all the perfect ideas/words come to you!

Chanon - any reason I should avoid booking with USAirways? How are they about canceling/changing flight times?

No worse than any other airline. :teeth: When you traveling? I see airlines decreasing travel in the fall and winter months. Try to travel at peak times and on peak travel days to get onto a full flight. If they do change, you can always change it or ask for your money back if the change is too drastic for your liking.

I hope Hunter is feeling better and you all are able to enjoy this weekend, Deb.

Hope the meds kick in quick!

Elin - I hope your trip starts off with your music! :wizard:

Beth - I bought mini-bagels the other day. I THOUGHT they were cinnamon swirl. I HAD those in my hand, but I put them down to get a bag from farther back on the shelf. Managed to get home with plain whole wheat bagels, which none of us like. :rolleyes:
I have no brain function at all. None. And I hate it! :headache:

No worse than any other airline. :teeth: When you traveling? I see airlines decreasing travel in the fall and winter months. Try to travel at peak times and on peak travel days to get onto a full flight. If they do change, you can always change it or ask for your money back if the change is too drastic for your liking.
Nov. 30-Dec. 6. Out of the 4 local airports, the best I could find is out of DCA for bout $250, flying down on USAirways and back on Airtran. Everything else is in the mid-300s. I figure I'm pretty good on the 30th, with everyone trying to get home from their Tday trips.

Thanks!

Has anyone seen either Nancy Drew (the movie) or Nim's Island? I'm thinking tonight might be movie night.

Has anyone seen either Nancy Drew (the movie) or Nim's Island? I'm thinking tonight might be movie night.

We saw Nim's Island when I took DS to Kansas. It wasn't fabulous, but it was OK. I wouldn't see it again.

Didn't see Nancy Drew, but it looked like it was so far off from the books that would have driven me up a tree. I like accuracy in a screenplay. ;)

This day keeps getting stranger and stranger. First my SIL won 2 more race tickets this morning on the radio. She asked her sister and BIL to go. Chris and I would have liked rode with them. Then a few minutes ago my Mom called and she was given 4 more tickets. Now Nick and Hunter will likely go too. We have no idea who is going when or with who :confused3 We are thinking that a free race is a good one to let the boys see if they like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter