DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I need to quit looking at other threads on the creative design forum.

I see all these thing people are making for their trips and I think wow that is a neat idea.
I now want to make window cling and magnets for our door.
Their are people making little thanks a mint packets to give to cast members when they trade pins or just because.
I see book marks Valentine cards
the possibilities seem endless

We finished the wall letters, and since I'm pretty much having another down day here's the babycraft for today. DD called me a dork again, but I think they are cute, they're for the shower.

IMG_0333-1.jpg

Those are really cute. I have always loved the little touches to celebrate births. I made it's a boy chocolate cigars when Nick was born. I ordered golf tees and pencils with Hunter's name when he was born and we got special hershey bar wrappers to announce Colby. We had to fill in all his birth info on them :thumbsup2

I need some opinions, my inlaws have their 50th Anniversary this summer, and my SIL's are planning on a reception/party and a large group gift. The expenses would be split 4 ways, the fifth will have some excuse as to why he can't contribute.

I'm fine with doing either or, I think helping with the reception, expenses and the work, is gift enough, I don't think both are necessary. I'll have to talk it over with DH, but if it doesn't involve Disney or grandchildren he is usually against spending money.

I do plan on telling them that they need to keep expenses under control.

Any ideas?

I think that if you are contributing to the cost of the party then that is probably enough expense. I personally would give them a smaller gift that I have put great thought or time into. Maybe a photobook or scrapbook over their 50 years (we did this for my parents 35) Maybe find an old photo that you could have framed. If you were going in on a big gift perhaps the whold family could have a professional photo done for them or even each smaller family unit have their own taken and do a nice collage frame with all the families in it. That might be easier and you would have the photo for yourselves too :thumbsup2

I had to get off here that night because she started guessing. I knew she wouldn't EVER guess what he had planned, but I was afraid I would say something to tip her off that myBob and I were coming too.

What you don't know is how much time herBob took in the planning and execution of the surprise. We didn't know each other's last names so he couldn't call me (although he knew I was Mrs. H there was no listing in the phone book that way... :rotfl: ) so he came to my studio last Monday night and hung out outside with his DD until my classes changed. He came in, quickly told me about his idea and gave me his cell phone number. And since I called him he now has my phone number too.

Oh, and we know each other's last names now too! Just imagine the mischief we can plan now. :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

That is pretty darn impressive!! He's a good guy Tammi!!!!

Bill has only pulled off one big surprise.....

prior to getting married, we were celebrating his birthday....he told me to invite everyone (both families) to my house for pizza and we would just have a good time...so I did. I thought it was odd that he was wearing a sport's coat because I didn't think it was a dressy event...but whatever.

After pizza, I bring out the cake and he jumps up and says, let's all drink wine first....wine before cake? whatever....so I pour everyone wine...and the I proceed to want to cut the cake...he jumps up and says, "I want to make a toast" at this point I am just thinking he's nuts....but again, whatever....

well, he launches into this whole sentimental speech, drops to his knee...takes the ring box out of his sports jacket and proposes! :faint:

Wow, I'm impressed with the DDA men. Chris suprised me with his proposal, but other than that he is not really a planner. I usually have caught on by the time the suprise arrives. He also relies on my family for guidance.

I think that if you are contributing to the cost of the party then that is probably enough expense. I personally would give them a smaller gift that I have put great thought or time into. Maybe a photobook or scrapbook over their 50 years (we did this for my parents 35) Maybe find an old photo that you could have framed. If you were going in on a big gift perhaps the whold family could have a professional photo done for them or even each smaller family unit have their own taken and do a nice collage frame with all the families in it. That might be easier and you would have the photo for yourselves too :thumbsup2

Oh I like that idea

Wow, I'm impressed with the DDA men. Chris suprised me with his proposal, but other than that he is not really a planner. I usually have caught on by the time the suprise arrives. He also relies on my family for guidance.

Chuck surprised me with his proposal. He started acting funny when get came back from the Thanksgiving holiday. I thought he might break up with me. He stopped talking about the future with me. He finally broke down and proposed to me on a beautiful night where the snow was falling in those big fluffy flakes. We were walking from his dorm to my apartment for a Christmas party. He stopped under the beautiful Weeping Willow tree in front of the Library at MTU and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes. He was trying to wait until the Christmas vacation when he would have the engagement ring. It was being sized for me.

He always does little surprises for me. The most recent was an I love you note in my pants pocket that I had packed for one of my trips. I put my pants on in the morning and wondered what was crinkling in the pocket. He used to put notes in my PDA when I had one.

I haven't gotten to the table yet. Somehow I ended up doing our budget and paying bills :scared: The only good thing about that is it's done for a few weeks anyway. We've also got ourselves on a 2 year plan to pay down our debt. At the beginning of 2011 we should only have the mortgage and truck payment plus usual month expenses. Everything else will be paid in full, including DVC. It's good to have a time frame. Now I'm seeing that even if we can't afford a big vacation this year it is only a short term setback and vacations will return. We are definitely planning Hawaii for 2012 so we certainly have that to look forward to :thumbsup2
Now maybe I'll get to that table :rolleyes1

So we did a little shopping on our brief trip, they were having a sale on T shirts, 40% off so we got the three of us matching shirts for our May trip. And 40% off beach towels so we got a couple of those for May also, we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the main pool at OKW so they'll get quite a bit of use.

My inlaws and father gave me cash for Christmas so I spent it there. I've been collecting Precious Moments for years, it's gotten to the point that I really don't have room for many more so I've started collecting the park exclusives at Disney. I found this one in the Art of Disney store on Main Street and was really excited to discover that it had been signed by Sam Butcher, DH didn't understand why it was a big deal.

Small_World1.jpg

Debbie, I know what you mean. I now have three pieces from the Jim Shore Collection. One I bought while on the cruise because I had some shipboard credit. After I bought it, we saw on our daily navigator that Jim Shore was onboard and was going to sign pieces that we had purchased. That means more to me than anything.

http://www.jimshore.com/shop/search.aspx?SearchTerm=tinkerbell

The first piece I got from my sister, the bell is the one I got signed by Jim Shore and the sixth piece down is the one Vicki sent me this year.

here I am with Jim Shore.
101_0148.jpg

He is the nicest person.

I haven't gotten to my paperwork yet. I really should get going on that. It won't take long if I would just get to it. The big thing is that I have to figure out a new filing system that works for this position and being 1/2 here & 1/2 home.

I did talk to my mom for almost an hour. That was really nice. I'm not one that likes to just chat on the phone really. I will talk for hours about business.

My 1st load of laundry is in the dryer. The 2nd load has to wait to get washed until the 1st load is dry so that I can wash what I have on as well.

I can't remember if I told you but I'm going to see Jeff Dunham in February. I was hoping that Chuck would be able to come down that week but he has to teach and can't make it. I'll be going with one of my coworkers & his wife. Jeff is going to be at MSU. I'm really excited. :woohoo:

Good thoughts for your family and friend.

If you guys could keep my family and a family friend of mine in your prayers, that would be great.. I cant get into too many details with the family, but a friend of mine is deployed and i havent heard from him in awhile which is unusual--so please think some good thoughts!

Terry or Steffy,
What are Mousefest days usually?
Just curious as I can always move my dates a little if I get to see you ladies again in 2010.:)

The Mouse Fest Cruise is December 6 to the 10th and the land is right after till December 14th.

Debbie, I know what you mean. I now have three pieces from the Jim Shore Collection. One I bought while on the cruise because I had some shipboard credit. After I bought it, we saw on our daily navigator that Jim Shore was onboard and was going to sign pieces that we had purchased. That means more to me than anything.

http://www.jimshore.com/shop/search.aspx?SearchTerm=tinkerbell

The first piece I got from my sister, the bell is the one I got signed by Jim Shore and the sixth piece down is the one Vicki sent me this year.

here I am with Jim Shore.
101_0148.jpg

He is the nicest person.

How cool is that? You and Steffy seemed to have had a Wonderful time on the cruise, we just haven't seen many pictures yet . . . . . . .

I can't remember if I told you but I'm going to see Jeff Dunham in February. I was hoping that Chuck would be able to come down that week but he has to teach and can't make it. I'll be going with one of my coworkers & his wife. Jeff is going to be at MSU. I'm really excited. :woohoo:

My daughter and her boyfriend have tickets to see him here on Feb 28, Brandon loves Peanut

I found my table. Apparently it sits in the middle of my kitchen :lmao: :lmao: That wasn't just a pile of misc crap. Things are shaping up. I want to start on my bathroom this week, but I may give myself a morning of rest tomorrow. I guess it will depend on whether I'm working tomorrow night or not.

I found my table. Apparently it sits in the middle of my kitchen :lmao: :lmao: That wasn't just a pile of misc crap. Things are shaping up. I want to start on my bathroom this week, but I may give myself a morning of rest tomorrow. I guess it will depend on whether I'm working tomorrow night or not.

Yeah right, do you even know what the word REST means? :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I wish I had as much motivation as you.

I need to run and get gas before I go to work. It's gas sale day today. I'll see you all in our new home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter