DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pretty darn impressive!! He's a good guy Tammi!!!!

Bill has only pulled off one big surprise.....

prior to getting married, we were celebrating his birthday....he told me to invite everyone (both families) to my house for pizza and we would just have a good time...so I did. I thought it was odd that he was wearing a sport's coat because I didn't think it was a dressy event...but whatever.

After pizza, I bring out the cake and he jumps up and says, let's all drink wine first....wine before cake? whatever....so I pour everyone wine...and the I proceed to want to cut the cake...he jumps up and says, "I want to make a toast" at this point I am just thinking he's nuts....but again, whatever....

well, he launches into this whole sentimental speech, drops to his knee...takes the ring box out of his sports jacket and proposes! :faint:

awwwwwwwwwwwww :lovestruc

Thanks! I really Joe is going to my true Disney fanatic! He loves all the classic stuff. I've give the kids a $25 limit at Disney. On our last trip Joe picked a matted black and white photo of Walt drawing Mickey with Walt's autograph on the mat. He loves all the classic stuff at WDW like Carousel of Progress and he LOVES One Man Dream at MGM. For his birthday I also got him a canvas print of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. It was on clearance at the Disney Store for $6. It will look great in his room with his Walt photo.

Do you have Pete's Dragon? I'd be happy to send you our video if you want it.

What a sweet boy you have!!:cutie:

We have it on video at the least...I do need to get it on dvd eventually...maybe for my birthday. :thumbsup2

prior to getting married, we were celebrating his birthday....he told me to invite everyone (both families) to my house for pizza and we would just have a good time...so I did. I thought it was odd that he was wearing a sport's coat because I didn't think it was a dressy event...but whatever.

After pizza, I bring out the cake and he jumps up and says, let's all drink wine first....wine before cake? whatever....so I pour everyone wine...and the I proceed to want to cut the cake...he jumps up and says, "I want to make a toast" at this point I am just thinking he's nuts....but again, whatever....

well, he launches into this whole sentimental speech, drops to his knee...takes the ring box out of his sports jacket and proposes! :faint:
:love:

And you, don't be egging them on!

They are VERY lucky that they didn't meet the wrath last night. Everyone was smart enough to keep quiet about it being my bday. They had everyone celebrating stand up while the entire audience sang happy bday. Like I said, I HATE being a stand-out in a crowd.

That is beautiful! What a nice memory. I, on the other hand, would have died. I would say no, just out of embarrassment! :rotfl:

I'm off to church and the mall. Got to be back by 4:30. Have a great day!

:rotfl2:somehow I think that would not have gone over well....and I really like the ring ;):rotfl2::rotfl2:

That is beautiful! What a nice memory. I, on the other hand, would have died. I would say no, just out of embarrassment! :rotfl:

I have been looking for some easy-to-fix recipes for Kristin and Bob to make at night. Found this one and we night try it for Football Day:

Roast Beef Cheddar Pockets

Makes 4 servings

1 package (16 to 17 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion (optional)
1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup dairy sour cream
Fresh chives

Heat oven to 375F. Remove pot roast from package, removing as much gravy as possible; reserve gravy for another use. Cut pot roast into fine shreds.

Unroll crescent dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Separate into 4 rectangles; press diagonal seams to seal. Pull sides of rectangles slightly to enlarge.

Combine beef, 3/4 cup cheese and onion in large bowl; mix well. Divide beef mixture into fourths; press mixture to compact and place lengthwise in center of rectangles. Fold the long sides of each rectangle over filling, pressing at top to seal. Press ends to seal. Sprinkle pockets evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.

Bake in 375F oven 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream. Garnish with chives.

Source: National Beef Cook, America’s Beef Producers

church, using a gift card for lunch and then hopefully taking Christmas down!

well the girls got up at 10 which is the time we need to leave so no church here plus I am a little congested with a mild allergy headache. I am allergic to Cedar pollen and the wind was blowing something feierce here yesterday so the pollen count is very high.

how sweet

I have been looking for some easy-to-fix recipes for Kristin and Bob to make at night. Found this one and we night try it for Football Day:

Roast Beef Cheddar Pockets

Makes 4 servings

1 package (16 to 17 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion (optional)
1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup dairy sour cream
Fresh chives

Heat oven to 375F. Remove pot roast from package, removing as much gravy as possible; reserve gravy for another use. Cut pot roast into fine shreds.

Unroll crescent dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Separate into 4 rectangles; press diagonal seams to seal. Pull sides of rectangles slightly to enlarge.

Combine beef, 3/4 cup cheese and onion in large bowl; mix well. Divide beef mixture into fourths; press mixture to compact and place lengthwise in center of rectangles. Fold the long sides of each rectangle over filling, pressing at top to seal. Press ends to seal. Sprinkle pockets evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.

Bake in 375F oven 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream. Garnish with chives.

Source: National Beef Cook, America’s Beef Producers

oooohhhh sounds yummy

That's awesome! :goodvibes
DH doesn't do surprises. Which is OK, because I am not always happy to be surprised. It would be nice if he thought of something on his own now and then instead of me always having to direct him, but it's probably too late to expect that to change this late in the game!

I did some step aerobics on the Fit, then I tried out a "walk aerobics" DVD I bought a long time ago. It is pretty bad, but it made me sweat more than the Fit! I need to be careful with the DVD because I can hear my knee crunching when I do some of the steps. :scared:

I need to go buy some groceries before it gets much later.

I had to get off here that night because she started guessing. I knew she wouldn't EVER guess what he had planned, but I was afraid I would say something to tip her off that myBob and I were coming too.

What you don't know is how much time herBob took in the planning and execution of the surprise. We didn't know each other's last names so he couldn't call me (although he knew I was Mrs. H there was no listing in the phone book that way... :rotfl: ) so he came to my studio last Monday night and hung out outside with his DD until my classes changed. He came in, quickly told me about his idea and gave me his cell phone number. And since I called him he now has my phone number too.

Oh, and we know each other's last names now too! Just imagine the mischief we can plan now. :lmao:

Uh oh! :rolleyes1 Watch out Tammi!!!!

of course Bernadette I have to figure out what I might want to sew. I need to figure out where I am going to store my sewing machine and figure out how to use it but I have a over a year to do that.

Hope everyone is having a good night. I just got home form having dinner and a couple of drinks with my cousin to watch the football games..

Im not surprised that the Ravens won, but really wanted TN...Im reallllly surprised about the game now--I thought the Panthers were gonna cream the Cardinals.

I just spoke to my family--they said the seas have been pretty rough the last couple of days and they are ready to come home---but they sound like they had a great trip. It will be nice to see them tomorrowl

The sports bar i was at tonight was all eagles and giants fans-it was crazy! I think that decided that I will stay home for the game tomororw--dont need to be surrounded by crazy fans all day tomorrow!

If you guys could keep my family and a family friend of mine in your prayers, that would be great.. I cant get into too many details with the family, but a friend of mine is deployed and i havent heard from him in awhile which is unusual--so please think some good thoughts!

I agree on all football counts. I had been rooting for the Titans as well, but a Ravens/Steelers AFC championship could be awesome (albeit a little scary...). As for the NFC game, I can't even begin to figure out how all that went down. Good for the Cardinals!

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers as they travel, and for your friend and family with the other things going on. :hug:

I am so not into this whole football thing but watching the Ravens win last night was fabulous!! I think I could be persuaded to watch them a bit more with Flacco as the QB. ;)

I have read everything but just don't have the mind capacity to respond. I am on fumes right now and hoping I'll be able to sneak a nap in later this afternoon.

We left here last night at 6:30 and didn't get home until after 1am. The event we went to was sponsored by the VFW hall. It was "A Night at the Races" so we got to bet on horse races, which were old races. I think Eric and I managed to win $4 but lost $20!! They had pit beef and ham and sausage as well as an open bar for $15/person. After that ended we headed to a local bar and hung out there for a few hours. I really had a great time, much moreso than I thought I would. Eric is in his element with all the Boy Scout talk so I can see it being a good thing for him. He needs a hobby!! I will say that there were not enough points to cover all the drinks I consumed last night. :scared1: I guess I will be upping my workouts this week to try and burn all those extra calories.:rotfl:

We are off to run a few small errands and drop Alyssa off to my sister.

Sending lots and lots of :hug:'s, :wizard: and :cheer2: for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter