DDA Chapter 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls go back to school tomorrow...it has been fun having movie nights nearly every night.

I got a new game because there were not a whole of games just two of us could play. We have enjoyed it.:goodvibes

I can't wait until Tuesday when I can stop scrounging for food and go grocery shopping. We've had plenty of meat it's side dishes that have perplexed me.

Jim is, well, :rolleyes:

So anyone going to be on the phone tomorrow to book dates for free dining?

I am thinking about sneaking in a quick trip in August to celebrate mine & Rileys(13th) birthday. Maybe the 21st - 26th & then in Jan. I will take Garrett to celebrate his 16th Birthday. Sounds good to me anyway!

:yay: I wish we could arrange to be there in August too, but it isn't going to happen. I hope you get what you are needing, Janet!

Vicki your soups sound really good & I like the from freezer to oven idea!

Jen I'm not sure if I could stand the heat in Australia lol

Theresa the boys have school next week & then are out 10 days for Spring break. I am looking forward to not having to get up on my days off & take them to school!

Vicki your soups sound really good & I like the from freezer to oven idea!

Jen I'm not sure if I could stand the heat in Australia lol

Theresa the boys have school next week & then are out 10 days for Spring break. I am looking forward to not having to get up on my days off & take them to school!

the bus is my friend!!:rotfl:

:yay: I wish we could arrange to be there in August too, but it isn't going to happen. I hope you get what you are needing, Janet!

I am just pondering right now :goodvibes I would love to go in October as well, but my money tree is not growing very well yet ;)

:hug::hug::hug:

I can't help on any of those but I can listen (we all can). And it sometimes helps to get it out.

I have been very careful not to put too much personal stuff about others in a public forum. I don't mind putting stuff on me but my mother is freakishly sensitive about others knowing her business. It has always made me cautious on making anything public about others.

Deb,,,just be careful you don't sprain a muscle or crack a rib from all of the coughing!!!!

My back and tummy both hurt from all the coughing. Chris actually sounds much worse than me right now :sad2:

I can tell you about my idiot daughter who has decided that she is going to go back to dating her loser ex-fiance. Or I can tell you about my mother who is absolutely driving me crazy because she asks the same questions over & over on how to use the computer. Or I can tell you about my oldest daughter who still doesn't have a job after a year. Or I can tell you about my BIL who is taking over my MIL's life and making her life miserable. Or I can tell you about my brother who is moving to Florida and freaking out because it is going to be expensive to live. Or I can tell you about my sister who isn't talking to Chuck & I. Or I can tell you about Chuck who isn't talking to my sister. Or I can tell you about my MIL who has breast cancer, gout, shingles, and is on oxygen. Or I can tell you about how I keep going back & forth on the decision about my job. Or I can tell you about all the stupid things that people are doing at work. Or ...

:hug::hug: We're up for listening to it all :hug::hug:

Lets see...i dont have scandal, but im pretty excited for my brother.

Right now, my dad, brother, firemen uncle, and a friend are in florida and watched the phillies game today. My brother comes home tomorrow night and heads to australia on tuesday! Im so jealous but i am so excited for him!!

I want to go to Australia. It is on my someday list. Of course I want to learn to scuba dive first :love:

We have work this week and four days next week..then were off from the 10-16--I work on the 17th (friday) as a make up from our snow day...

I'm a very, very happy chef! After many years, I finally have concocted a corn shrimp chowder recipe that is as good as the one that Chuck and I used to get at a restaurant in Houghton. Every year we would plan a trip to Houghton and make sure we were there on Wednesday or Saturday so we could get our soup. We have never had any chowder as good as that. The chowder at Panera is close but doesn't include the corn. The restaurant in Houghton closed down about 8 years ago. :banana: :banana: I had about 10 recipes in our recipe folder. We narrowed it down to 3 that seemed close. I then combined ingredients and directions into 1 recipe.

We were going to have a vegetable skillet meal tonight but we are all full from the soup. I made italian sausage soup, corn shrimp chowder and broccoli cheese. I bought some bowls that can go from freezer to fridge to oven or microwave to dishwasher for Chuck's mom and my mom. We'll freeze some single servings for them and some for us.

You got a lot done today and it all sounds yummy, Vicki!

the bus is my friend!!:rotfl:

Well according to the school we live close enough to the high school for Garrett to walk, I don't think so! When it is warmer out, Garrett does walk home sometimes so he can hang out with his friends.

Does anyone know when Southwest will open there schedule for beyond Aug 14?

I am home and in desperate need of a shower. Had a FABULOUS time which totally surprised me. I lucked out and had the cool group of parents. We were laid back but efficient and worked well together. We had not one ego issue which is something I can't say for the other 2 groups. We finished up well before any of the other groups which gave us a lot of down time. Took 2 hikes yesterday which was not something I would have ever said I enjoyed, but I did. All in all, a great weekend and I am so excited about our upcoming trip with the girls in May.
I'm so glad you had a good time and got along well with the other parents. You and Emma will have a blast!

We just had the wildest storm come thru here. Very high winds and very, VERY big hail.:scared1:

101_0437.jpg

hail.jpg

Same here. I was driving in it. I pulled into a parking lot and stopped as it was so bad. I was driving 5 mph with wipers going as fast as they could and I could not see at all, was like a constant wave of water.

Rumor has it a tornado struck not that far from here in Wernersville. I know people saw funnel clouds.

I can tell you about my idiot daughter who has decided that she is going to go back to dating her loser ex-fiance. Or I can tell you about my mother who is absolutely driving me crazy because she asks the same questions over & over on how to use the computer. Or I can tell you about my oldest daughter who still doesn't have a job after a year. Or I can tell you about my BIL who is taking over my MIL's life and making her life miserable. Or I can tell you about my brother who is moving to Florida and freaking out because it is going to be expensive to live. Or I can tell you about my sister who isn't talking to Chuck & I. Or I can tell you about Chuck who isn't talking to my sister. Or I can tell you about my MIL who has breast cancer, gout, shingles, and is on oxygen. Or I can tell you about how I keep going back & forth on the decision about my job. Or I can tell you about all the stupid things that people are doing at work. Or ...

Oh Vicki,,,:hug::hug::grouphug::grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter