DDA Chapter 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Nicholas
HappyBirthday.jpg

Heidi - Ouch! I hope your arm is feeling better quickly and the cough disappears.

Theresa - Good luck tomorrow! I hope your vouchers come in soon and you can get them ASAP. I wondered if your post the other day wasn't about Josh since you'd mentioned his name somewhere lately. I'm glad he's come back to you guys. I think a loving "mom and sisters" is a great thing for him.

Heidi - Ouch! I hope your arm is feeling better quickly and the cough disappears.

Theresa - Good luck tomorrow! I hope your vouchers come in soon and you can get them ASAP. I wondered if your post the other day wasn't about Josh since you'd mentioned his name somewhere lately. I'm glad he's come back to you guys. I think a loving "mom and sisters" is a great thing for him.

Funny you should say that....all of thanksgiving I introduced him as the kid I didn't know I had until last year.:rotfl: and boy howdy....there was still sparks flying between Cassidy and Josh...everybody thought that they were going out.

My co-teacher and I want to have a little party for our last Religion class before Christmas break. We are going to have a sign-up sheet for parents, requesting they bring munchies. Any suggestions on what we should have, for 2nd graders? I figure cheese/crackers, cookies, fruit, juice boxes. I need more hors d'oevrs type things.

Nicholas has been selected to be his class representative in his school's Geography Bee. Evidently he got the most right in his class on a preliminary test. Is anyone familiar with this? He brought home a study sheet, and I asked him if these were the questions that were going to be asked at the Bee. He said he thinks so. He's so afraid that he is going to get bumped out on the first question. The Bee is on the 11th.

I took Mary to the doctor this afternoon to have her rash checked out. It's just gotten worse and worse, and Benedryl doesn't touch it! He looked at it, and said it was the worst case of eczema he's ever seen. He put Mary on Prednisone, so we're hoping that helps. I also have to slather her in Vaseline before bed, and put her in footie pj's so that it traps the vaseline, and the moisture in against her skin.

After she finishes the Prednisone, she has a steroid cream that will be applied for 2 weeks, and then off for 2 weeks. Hopefully, that will take care of it. She's is so much pain from the itching. A lot of areas on her tummy and chest are rubbed raw and have been bleeding. It's so sad! Luckily, her new jammies are really helping her feel better!

That sounds so painful :wizard: I hope it cleans quickly

Nicholas has been selected to be his class representative in his school's Geography Bee. Evidently he got the most right in his class on a preliminary test. Is anyone familiar with this? He brought home a study sheet, and I asked him if these were the questions that were going to be asked at the Bee. He said he thinks so. He's so afraid that he is going to get bumped out on the first question. The Bee is on the 11th.

Good Luck Nicholas

HappyBirthday10.gif

Theresa
u105_good_luck.jpg

Hunter hit the emotional wall around 9:30 last night. It seems that the reality of the situation hit him and hit him hard. After about 1 1/2 hours of talking/crying I finally gave him 1/2 of one of my ativan. That seemed to help him settle down and sleep. Of course he was exhausted this morning. I dragged him out of bed and off to school since we were meeting about his 504. After that meeting we came home. It ended up being an emotional roller coaster of a day. Angry one minute, happy the next. He did take a nap. At some point I managed to call his doctors and rearranged his preop appointments. We will meet the doctor again on Monday and take a tour of the OR, Recovery and PICU. I also spoke to his PCP and got a script for Ativan for Hunter. This afternoon there was a free clinic for the H1N1 vaccine. Dad, Mom, Chris and Myself went and got the shot. Then after talking with more doctors Colby and Nick had the nasal spray version. Hunter needs the H1N1 shot as well as the season flu shot so we have an appointment for that in the morning. He does not know about it as he will freak (needle phobia) My Dad will go with us. I have a numbing cream to put on his arms beforehand and I will give him an Ativan too.

Hi gals, :wave:

It's been forever since I've been around. Life has been, well, life. Busy, messy, you name it and it's been it for the last few months.

Deb- Lots of good thoughts for your family. :wizard: I am so sorry you all have to go through this.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Em. I cannot believe she is 10. Where did those years go?!?!? She amazes me everyday even if she does frustrate me a bit too!!!

Tammi- Wish Nicholas a very Happy 10th Birthday from us!! Good luck to him in the Geography Bee.

Sending lots of :wizard:to everyone.

Hunter hit the emotional wall around 9:30 last night. It seems that the reality of the situation hit him and hit him hard. After about 1 1/2 hours of talking/crying I finally gave him 1/2 of one of my ativan. That seemed to help him settle down and sleep. Of course he was exhausted this morning. I dragged him out of bed and off to school since we were meeting about his 504. After that meeting we came home. It ended up being an emotional roller coaster of a day. Angry one minute, happy the next. He did take a nap. At some point I managed to call his doctors and rearranged his preop appointments. We will meet the doctor again on Monday and take a tour of the OR, Recovery and PICU. I also spoke to his PCP and got a script for Ativan for Hunter. This afternoon there was a free clinic for the H1N1 vaccine. Dad, Mom, Chris and Myself went and got the shot. Then after talking with more doctors Colby and Nick had the nasal spray version. Hunter needs the H1N1 shot as well as the season flu shot so we have an appointment for that in the morning. He does not know about it as he will freak (needle phobia) My Dad will go with us. I have a numbing cream to put on his arms beforehand and I will give him an Ativan too.

Poor Hunter....to have such a fear of needles and have so many in his future.:hug:

Many hugs, prayers and blessings are still winging your way.

My co-teacher and I want to have a little party for our last Religion class before Christmas break. We are going to have a sign-up sheet for parents, requesting they bring munchies. Any suggestions on what we should have, for 2nd graders? I figure cheese/crackers, cookies, fruit, juice boxes. I need more hors d'oevrs type things.
We had bagel bites for my girls last class..easy to make & the kids love them.

Congratulations to Nicholas!!! I am not familiar with bee's so sorry I am no help.

It supposed to rain cats & dgos here tomorrow so I am going to finish wrapping presents & deep cleaning the house. Sophie's room looks like a tornado hit. She's such an organized kid in all other aspects but her room!! UGH!:eek:

Deb,
Sounds like a rough day with Hunter. :wizard::wizard::wizard: I have been thinking about you guys all day.:hug:

owie!!

I swear...I think I am catching everybody's posts as I read along and than I will come back and "new" posts are in between ones I know I've read...very frustrating.:headache:

I have a job interview tomorrow...at 1 PM my time...at a university (not a state run one). I so need a job and to get out of Jim's "reality"....well actually it would be nice to be in his reality for a little bit...where nothing matters but me, my thoughts, my wants.

Some read my facebook status a few days ago of some people shouldn't be parents...it actually wasn't about Jim (I count him as a nonentity parenting wise). Josh has finally come back to us and spent the whole day with us on Thanksgiving at Dixie's house. While asking him what he wanted for Christmas...I found out that he had never gotten anything that wasn't needed under the tree.:guilty: Add to that all that I already knew about his "family" just set me off. Then yesterday he was texting me (yes, I am learning how to text just for him) about how he felt he was finally at home. :sad1: I was a sappy mess on the light rail...helped brighten a rather gloomy day (3 hr wait to show I've done my volunteer time and to find out that the vouchers they are supposed to have...they don't...but I can always come back next week *spending $4 to get there for them:upsidedow)

:wizard::hug: to you. Glad you can be there for Josh. Good luck with the job! Can they mail the vouchers to you??

Tia- Please take care of yourself. You do not want to end up like my Dad and end up in the hospital due to Diverticulitis.

Janet- I think you fly Allegiant Air, as of February they will be flying into MCO.

Heidi- Hope you feel better soon and your arm stops hurting.

Happy Birthday and Good luck to Nicholas with the Geography bee.

Hope Mary's Eczema clears up quickly.

Deb- Hugs and prayers to your family.:wizard::hug: Hope he has no issues with the shots tomorrow and lots of strength for you to get through it.

Happy Belated 10th Birthday to Emma! Robyn we've missed you!

I like the Bagel Bites idea, Anne Marie. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter