DDA Chapter 3

Leighanna got up and said that her throat felt a little funny too. She seems to be doing better.
She is sad that she is home from school today.
Today is library day, and she loves library day!
She has a Chic a Chic a Boom Boom book that she needs to return. I told her that she can return it next week.

Abi hated to stay home today too.....but when I asked why she was going in it was for a little bit in her last class....she said I guess I better stay home....ummmmm yeah:sick:

I think part of Abi's problem is the nasty air quality Denver gets in the winter. :sick: but she has a slight fever and a sour tummy....don't really need her letting loose at school. :rolleyes1

Bernadette on your recent visit did you stay at PC? Did you notice if the toiletries had been changed to the H20 products? I read on another thread they were switching to these. I loved using these products at the Poly & it saved me from having to pack shampoo & conditioner.

Elizabeth I never heard of schools calling with a recording about whether school is open or not. Glad we don't get those here!

We get them for the late start Wednesdays. We would probably get them for school closures too if the schools ever closed:rotfl:

So it seems my kiddo isn't the only one home from school sick....:wizard: that all kiddos feel better quick!!

Hope she's doing better too!! Same to Leighanna and the other DDA kidlets dealing with this fun winter stuff.

Well, I'm doing better this morning. The congestion just seemed to come back hard last night. Of course, I'm doing better again and it seems Terra's finally progressed to the yuckiness of it all. I thought that she was going to get away with just a little coughing. She's been crabby since waking up this morning and when I asked how her troat felt she said, "kind of freaky." Uh, oh. She seems a little fevery too. Guess we're taking it easy today.

:wizard: for better health all through your house, Tia!!

Leighanna got up and said that her throat felt a little funny too. She seems to be doing better.
She is sad that she is home from school today.
Today is library day, and she loves library day!
She has a Chic a Chic a Boom Boom book that she needs to return. I told her that she can return it next week.

I know that my throat hurt really bad the day I was at the worst. Plus, Terra usually just says "it's fine" when asked how things feel. It's all in reading the type of "fine" through other clues. For her to say something other than fine or okay was a big sign. :(

Terra may miss the library today too. We were supposed to go in a little while. I guess I'll just be going and letting her stay here with Mom. Unfortunately, most things that we have can't be renewed again so I'll have to pick a few things for her. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a big favorite around here!

Abi hated to stay home today too.....but when I asked why she was going in it was for a little bit in her last class....she said I guess I better stay home....ummmmm yeah:sick:

I think part of Abi's problem is the nasty air quality Denver gets in the winter. :sick: but she has a slight fever and a sour tummy....don't really need her letting loose at school. :rolleyes1

Abi I hope you feel better fast:wizard:

having a new thread seems to have made us chatty once again:lmao:

Could also be that the DIS is running a bit better.....still kind of slow for me but not headace inducing slow!!

Tom I hope Leighanna feels better fast

the girls have dr's appt. at 130 to check their ears

Good morning DDA!

I have some good news this Friday morning--I got an email from disney with a pin code!! i never got one before, so i was pretty excited---not sure if ill be able to use it, but im definietly going to try!

Excellent :thumbsup2 Of course you could still stay with us for FREE ;)

Today is our last day here. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I don't want it to be over.

Yesteday was Epcot all day, we arrived at 9:30 and left after Illuminations. We did a few rides in FW and then strolled around the WS. The girls did all of the KidCot stops and Emma completed her passport. We had dinner in Norway and did not like it one bit. First we arrived at 5pm to check in and the cast member tells me that we are late, 20 minutes late. Our ADR was for 4:40pm. Every piece of paper I have I had it written as 5:30. So I don't know what happend there. But we did get in so that was good. The food was fine but we were rushed. I had to take Molly to the restroom and by the time we got back our dinner was on the table. 10 minutes from the time we sat down at the table. The princesses rushed through the room. Our server wasn't so great either. He did not clear the table and with a 6 month old who likes to grab for anything in her eyesight, it did not make for a fun experience. And he did not refill our drinks either. The girls enjoyed it so that's all that matters.

Today we are off to the MK. We need to get to Frontierland and Adventureland. But just plan to ride rides all day and soak up the atmosphere. It'll at least be 2 years before we make it back. :sad1:

We are leaving Saturday morning and driving back home. We haven't decided if we are making it one shot or stopping yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I hope you have a Magical Last day since you won't be back for 2 years :scared1: It sounds like you have had a wonderful vacation, just as you had hoped

Good morning, DDA! I had several strong dreams about you last night. It didn't seem like anything was wrong, but you were all trying to tell me something that I just wasn't getting. I figured that my mind must be telling me that I have been away much too long.

Unfortunately, this will have to be a quick pop in a couple of times today, because my weekend is extra crazy.

I am a little sad to see that I won't be able to catch up but also a little relieved. It was overwhelming to think about going back to all that I missed.

So, could someone please give me a little recap?

It's been so busy around here. Matthew did a great job in The Breakfast Club (and others have said that, too, so it isn't just mommy pride). It was so strange seeing him up there completely into a character that is so different from him.

The older two have been off all week except when they needed to be there for Regents and local exams. That was a pain, because they don't run mid-day buses, and my work schedule didn't fit well with when they needed to be picked up and dropped off. I used a sub for a little while yesterday, and some friends helped out with other driving. Of course, being out of school requires more drive time for me, too. :)

Tomorrow night is the Snowball at the high school. It is a big deal...fancy dresses, getting hair done, going to dinner first, etc. Matthew's girlfriend didn't want to go, and he was actually just as happy. Laura, however, is going. There is a large group of them going together. Since there were so many, they decided to do appetizers at a friend's house instead of going to a restaurant. Anyone have any good ideas for non-messy appetizers? I am one of the ones bringing food for this giant group.

Also, tomorrow, Laura has morning synchro practice that she can't miss, because the first meet is Sunday. Synchro will be followed by a manicure, picking up flowers, her hair appointment, and getting ready for the dinner/pictures at the friend's house. Matthew is taking the SATs tomorrow morning and then wants to go to his girlfriend's house.

Sunday is the meet. We are hosting, which is good in that we don't have to travel. It's not so good in that I have to get a bunch of food prepared for that, too, and be prepared to get there early and work all day. Snowball is going to be a late night, so Laura isn't going to want to get up. I can't see making her miss her first Snowball, though, so we are just going to do the best we can to get it all in.

I wish I could stay and chat longer, but work is calling. I need to get there as early as I can today, because my co-teacher has a dentist appointment and may be a few minutes late.

I'll be in a little later between my various driving duties.

Have a great day, DDA! Thanks for visiting my dreams. :thumbsup2

Wow, I thought my house was busy. Good luck fitting everything in and finding time for sleep.

Elizabeth I never heard of schools calling with a recording about whether school is open or not. Glad we don't get those here!

We get calls when school is delayed or cancelled. This is a new thing this year. Unfortunately you never know what time the call will come. We've been called as early at 5 AM and as late at 6:30 AM. I guess it is whenever they make the decision. I hate the new system, but Chris likes it. Now I let him answer the phone :rotfl:

Thanks for posting a design here on our bare white walls, Debbie! :goodvibes

Good for you to get those numbers down already. Go get 'em, girl!

Ditto! :thumbsup2

Good morning DDA!

I have some good news this Friday morning--I got an email from disney with a pin code!! i never got one before, so i was pretty excited---not sure if ill be able to use it, but im definietly going to try!

Excellent news, Jen! (And thanks for passing along what the subject line is!)

I've had the idea to call and check mine and Jonathan's old addresses and phone numbers - we took trips under 2 former addresses and 1 old phone number before we moved to our house - probably will do that later today. I am trying desperately to find a code!!

Today is our last day here. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I don't want it to be over.

Robyn - I hope lots of PD falls on you guys on your last day! :wizard: :wizard: Have a safe trip home!!!

Good morning, DDA! I had several strong dreams about you last night. It didn't seem like anything was wrong, but you were all trying to tell me something that I just wasn't getting. I figured that my mind must be telling me that I have been away much too long.

It's good to see you, Beth, and glad you found us. How funny that you had a dream about us last night. :goodvibes I hope things slow down for you soon, and have fun/good luck to Laura!

I forgot to tell you all about my "wake-up" call. :mad:
The phone rang at 5:25 AM. Of course when DH is working if the phone rings I answer it because I am always worried that he has been in an accident. It was a RECORDING from the stupid school district informing me that schools are open today! Really? School is OPEN? You don't say!:rolleyes:

I know we were supposed to get some slippery conditions, but it ended up just being rain. How stupid would you have to be to think school is closed because it is raining? The news started reporting closures at 4 AM, so it isn't like people couldn't figure it out. I am really tired of the stranglehold attendance policies. Calling me at 5:25 AM is really pushing it. :headache:

Yikes - that is a bit early to call in my estimation. And wouldn't any normal person just turn on the TV to check for closures? Needless to say, it's no big shock that this "winter storm" has turned out to be nothing. Of course, people were driving this morning like it was icy - took me 40 mins. to get to the train station. :headache:

Bernadette on your recent visit did you stay at PC? Did you notice if the toiletries had been changed to the H20 products? I read on another thread they were switching to these. I loved using these products at the Poly & it saved me from having to pack shampoo & conditioner.

Janet, I think what was in my room in October when we were at PC are the new products. It didn't specifically state that it was H2O, but I looked on the bottle, and I believe it did say that it was manufactured by them. It was still a shampoo/conditioner combo, though, and just a thing of soap. I don't think the values are getting the separate shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc., like the mods and deluxes.

I love the H20 products! I have actually purchased the shampoo and conditioner (2 different kinds), and use them every day. My hair stylist was just commenting to me on Tuesday that my hair looks really healthy. :thumbsup2

I'm happy to see the boards running more quickly today :thumbsup2 yesterday was frustrating.

So Nick really made me angry yesterday. He had many assignments that had been given to him on Monday or earlier that he had put off. I didn't know about any of them until about 6:30 last night when he started stressing. Mind you I started telling him to do homework as soon as he walked through the door at 3 PM :mad: He had a few smaller assignments that he finished first then he announced that he had to make a map for social studies. It needed to show the "topography" of Canada along with all the Provinces and capitals. So we start Googling Canadian topography maps. That was not what he needed. On to Geographic maps...nope that didn't look familiar either. After blowing my top from asking him for the umteenth time what he actually was looking for and only getting the response. I need the map that is in the World Atlas at school with the different colors. Obviously he didn't bring the map home and we don't own a World Atlas and the maps that I pulleed up from their site didn't look right. I had him call a friend from class who was just planning to name the mountains and plains, but really didn't know what the teacher wanted either. By now Chris had been dragged into the situation and he and I were both raging mad. How can you not know what your assignment was. Why was it not written down especially since he had had it since Monday. I finally called the teacher who was not at all happy that I was calling her at home and could not fathum why this was a problem at 7:30 the night before it was due as he had had all week to do it. I explained that he had drawn the country, added the provinces, capitals and had saved the regions (as it turns out) for last and that he could not bring the atlas home. After she settled down it turned out that he had a map in his folder that had the regions identified:headache: Sure enough he had a study guide for another assignment that showed exactly the information that he needed. Oh yeah, I had shown him at least 20 other maps with the same information :mad: So he finally got the map done around 8 PM and started to read the book that should have been finished on Wednesday. Did we know about this...of course not. I had even been on him Wednesday night to get extra homework done as Thursdays tend to have more homework. He insisted that he didn't have anything that he could do. So when I asked him last night why he didn't work on it on Wednesday he said that the dentist told him to take it easy. (Insert smilie with my head hitting the ceiling) Apparantly reading isn't taking it easy. By this point I was far too angry to be in the same room as him let alone help him. So he started reading. He was on page 60 of a 196 page book. An hour later he was on page 80. Apparently he reads about 20 pages per hour as at 10 PM he was on page 100. At that pace he should get the book read by 3 AM. He was already asking if he could just go to sleep. Um no...he would pull an all nighter if he had to as he put himself in that predicament. So Chris and I discuss punishment as it would be huge. No friends for the rest of the month, no video games for the rest of the month and loss of tv for one day for each hour he is late going to bed. I was feeling better as I added on consequences :rolleyes1 A hot bath and I had calmed down. I ended up reading the book to him from 10:15 to 12:30 when it was done. So this weekend he will write the entire book report and type it or I will cause him physical harm. He will also read another book to be ahead for the next report. Afterall he will have nothing better to do with his time.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :hug:

Lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for all the sick kiddos - Terra, Leighanna, Abi, Colby - and the sick parents, too!!!

I am so glad it's Friday (not that I have a particularly fun weekend planned, but this has felt like the longest 4-day work week ever)! I need to get a lot of cleaning done, go grocery shopping, etc. I also need to get things together/finish planning my friend's Disney trip, so I can get her trip binder and presents in the mail to her.

Have great days, DDA! :flower3:

Thanks Lindsay, I didn't realize those were H20 products. Oh well I will just pack my shampoo & conditioner.

Janet, I think what was in my room in October when we were at PC are the new products. It didn't specifically state that it was H2O, but I looked on the bottle, and I believe it did say that it was manufactured by them. It was still a shampoo/conditioner combo, though, and just a thing of soap. I don't think the values are getting the separate shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc., like the mods and deluxes.

I love the H20 products! I have actually purchased the shampoo and conditioner (2 different kinds), and use them every day. My hair stylist was just commenting to me on Tuesday that my hair looks really healthy. :thumbsup2

I'm happy to see the boards running more quickly today :thumbsup2 yesterday was frustrating.

So Nick really made me angry yesterday. He had many assignments that had been given to him on Monday or earlier that he had put off. I didn't know about any of them until about 6:30 last night when he started stressing. Mind you I started telling him to do homework as soon as he walked through the door at 3 PM :mad: He had a few smaller assignments that he finished first then he announced that he had to make a map for social studies. It needed to show the "topography" of Canada along with all the Provinces and capitals. So we start Googling Canadian topography maps. That was not what he needed. On to Geographic maps...nope that didn't look familiar either. After blowing my top from asking him for the umteenth time what he actually was looking for and only getting the response. I need the map that is in the World Atlas at school with the different colors. Obviously he didn't bring the map home and we don't own a World Atlas and the maps that I pulleed up from their site didn't look right. I had him call a friend from class who was just planning to name the mountains and plains, but really didn't know what the teacher wanted either. By now Chris had been dragged into the situation and he and I were both raging mad. How can you not know what your assignment was. Why was it not written down especially since he had had it since Monday. I finally called the teacher who was not at all happy that I was calling her at home and could not fathum why this was a problem at 7:30 the night before it was due as he had had all week to do it. I explained that he had drawn the country, added the provinces, capitals and had saved the regions (as it turns out) for last and that he could not bring the atlas home. After she settled down it turned out that he had a map in his folder that had the regions identified:headache: Sure enough he had a study guide for another assignment that showed exactly the information that he needed. Oh yeah, I had shown him at least 20 other maps with the same information :mad: So he finally got the map done around 8 PM and started to read the book that should have been finished on Wednesday. Did we know about this...of course not. I had even been on him Wednesday night to get extra homework done as Thursdays tend to have more homework. He insisted that he didn't have anything that he could do. So when I asked him last night why he didn't work on it on Wednesday he said that the dentist told him to take it easy. (Insert smilie with my head hitting the ceiling) Apparantly reading isn't taking it easy. By this point I was far too angry to be in the same room as him let alone help him. So he started reading. He was on page 60 of a 196 page book. An hour later he was on page 80. Apparently he reads about 20 pages per hour as at 10 PM he was on page 100. At that pace he should get the book read by 3 AM. He was already asking if he could just go to sleep. Um no...he would pull an all nighter if he had to as he put himself in that predicament. So Chris and I discuss punishment as it would be huge. No friends for the rest of the month, no video games for the rest of the month and loss of tv for one day for each hour he is late going to bed. I was feeling better as I added on consequences :rolleyes1 A hot bath and I had calmed down. I ended up reading the book to him from 10:15 to 12:30 when it was done. So this weekend he will write the entire book report and type it or I will cause him physical harm. He will also read another book to be ahead for the next report. Afterall he will have nothing better to do with his time.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :hug:

Wow, Deb, I am so sorry for the night you had. :hug: I'm afraid I would have been hopping mad, too. :mad:

Hopefully, Nick has learned a very valuable lesson from this (and will have plenty of time to ponder it over the next month)! I'm afraid I, too, would have loved just racking up the consequences for him. ;)

Lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that today is much better for all of you!

I read a little bit about strep and the rash that Colby had. Apparently he had scarlet fever. The doctor may have mentioned that, but there was a lot to absorb. We are over the worst of it as the raging rash that looked that the worst sunburn I have EVER seen has lightened up and doesn't seem to be so hot. I was apply aloe to his hiney about every hour to cool and sooth the area. Now unfortunately the area is completely peeling :sad2: He says that it itches and I bet it does. I really hope that he is completely over this my Monday.

I haven't worked in over a week with everything that has been going on. I was glad that I called them before the schedule was done and had them hold off on scheduling me until the end of the week. I will work tonight and it will be nice to get out of here :rolleyes1 I could use a little peace and quiet for a night. I don't work this weekend, but will go back to a normal schedule next week.

Deb what you went through last night sounds so familiar! Hopefully this is the last time it will happen.

Hope today is better for you :wizard:

I thought I was in the twilight zone! What in the world?! I thought for sure I could still find the old thread if we had to start new ones... it just vanished! I hope I didn't miss anything big posted there last night! I hope you all are doing well.... of to try and "catch up", on what is here anyway!

I read a little bit about strep and the rash that Colby had. Apparently he had scarlet fever. The doctor may have mentioned that, but there was a lot to absorb. We are over the worst of it as the raging rash that looked that the worst sunburn I have EVER seen has lightened up and doesn't seem to be so hot. I was apply aloe to his hiney about every hour to cool and sooth the area. Now unfortunately the area is completely peeling :sad2: He says that it itches and I bet it does. I really hope that he is completely over this my Monday.

I haven't worked in over a week with everything that has been going on. I was glad that I called them before the schedule was done and had them hold off on scheduling me until the end of the week. I will work tonight and it will be nice to get out of here :rolleyes1 I could use a little peace and quiet for a night. I don't work this weekend, but will go back to a normal schedule next week.
oh poor Colby hopefully the itching will stop soon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter