DDA Chapter 3

I cannot stand the thought of not having a trip planned. Is anyone planning a trip between September 26-November 9, 2008? Those are the dates of the F&W Festival.

I would love to figure out how to get another trip in this spring, even for a long weekend, but I haven't found time to do that yet. Kristin's graduation is May 17, I have a 35th college reunion the weekend of May 30, and a Virginia Federation of Music Clubs state convention June 4-6. Somehow I need to find time in there to teach and hold recitals! ;)

The boards are too slow for me. I'm heading to read to my 12 year old. It seems he was supposed to have finished a book by today, but had only read 50 pages of the 219 page book. He will finish it tonight, I may need to make him a strong pot of coffee;)

I hope it wasn't too rough a night, Deb!

Good night all. Due to my total lack of breathing ability, I need to go find some meds and some jammies. Deb - good luck with the book!

I hope you feel better. I've been battling a cough that just won't completely go away. It is getting better, though.

Good Morning DDA,

I thought I'd post a design, just for old times sake, it's one of my older ones, but also one of my favorites.

I'm proud to day that even though it is still too high, my glucose level has come down quite a bit. DH is being very supportive and has agreed to eat the same meals as I do which is making it much easier, only problem is he doesn't need to lose anymore weight.

I hope you got a little sleep Deb, it's been a long time but I remember helping with many school projects.

I love the design, Debbie! I don't remember that one. Great job working on your glucose levels! I am glad that your dh is so supportive. That makes so much difference.

Today is our last day here. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I don't want it to be over.
I have missed your whole trip. I am sorry that it has to come to an end.

Leighanna is sick. I don't think she will be going to school today. This will be the first day she missed since our trip to the World.

She tossed and turned all night. I took her temp late, and she had a fever, so I gave her some children's tylenol, and she seemed to be doing better.

She has been coughing and yesterday her nose started to run, so I knew something was brewing!

Hopefully a long weekend will make her feel better.

BRRRRR! It is freezing out today. I just let the dog out, and she ran right back in.

Is it Spring yet?
I hope that Leighanna feels better soon! I am extremely ready for Spring!

I cannot stand the thought of not having a trip planned. Is anyone planning a trip between September 26-November 9, 2008? Those are the dates of the F&W Festival.

I would love to figure out how to get another trip in this spring, even for a long weekend, but I haven't found time to do that yet. Kristin's graduation is May 17, I have a 35th college reunion the weekend of May 30, and a Virginia Federation of Music Clubs state convention June 4-6. Somehow I need to find time in there to teach and hold recitals! ;)

I wish that I could help you out there, but I can't get away during that time. We are still trying to decide what to do this summer.

Beth

Good morning, DDA! I had several strong dreams about you last night. It didn't seem like anything was wrong, but you were all trying to tell me something that I just wasn't getting. I figured that my mind must be telling me that I have been away much too long.

Tomorrow night is the Snowball at the high school. Anyone have any good ideas for non-messy appetizers? I am one of the ones bringing food for this giant group.

How good to see a post from you, Beth! Sounds like you are as busy as the rest of us... daily activities sometimes take us all away from here, so I am glad you found us this morning.

How about this recipe for the Snowball shindig?

Sausage-Cheese Appetizers

1 pound sausage (hot or regular), uncooked
4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
3 cups biscuit mix

Crumble sausage into a large bowl; add cheese and mix well. Blend biscuit mix into sausage and cheese mixture with a pastry blender. Shape into walnut-sized balls; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350-degrees for 10-12 minutes. Yield: about 9 dozen.
(Note: After baking these can be frozen in moistureproof containers. To serve, remove from freezer and heat at 350-degrees until warm.)

That sounds delicious, Elin! I will add those ingredients to my grocery list.

It was weird that I had the dreams last night, and then came here this morning to a new thread. I haven't been on the boards in so long that I didn't know that they have been running slow. I was a little worried when I first saw the new thread that something bad had happened on the old one. I was glad that wasn't the case.

Hi Beth, good to see you, sounds like your life is a whirlwind!

Robyn - sorry your trip is coming to an end, glad you have been having a wonderful time, I can't wait to see pictures.

Tom - PD for Leighanna :wizard: so many of the DDA kiddos are under the weather right now, hopefully they'll all feel better soon.

Jen - Congrats on the "Poof"! Hopefully you'll be able to use it, maybe you can time a trip when other DDA's are there.

Tia - I hope you're breathing better today, I definitely know the feeling. :hug:

Elin - DH and I will probably be going in November again, but we will probably arrive on the 10th, I would love to meet you if our trips overlap. We may end up driving this time if airfare doesn't come down drastically, the best price I have found so far is $382 each. Driving isn't so bad, we can make it in just over eight hours, I just really prefer flying.

Ok...now I see how frustratingly slow the boards can be. I need to get Miles breakfast and get myself ready. I'll check in after preschool.

It feels good to be back!

Elin - DH and I will probably be going in November again, but we will probably arrive on the 10th, I would love to meet you if our trips overlap. We may end up driving this time if airfare doesn't come down drastically, the best price I have found so far is $382 each. Driving isn't so bad, we can make it in just over eight hours, I just really prefer flying.

A meeting would be just wonderful, Debbie, but Bob and I won't be going that late. We usually have gone around Kathrin's birthday (10/23) but this year I am betting we could be traveling without kids. So, we thought we would go a week or two earlier to get full use of our APs. I need to start looking at the calendar to see what might work out best for us.

Well I just had some down time on the boards. Just as more and more people get up and log on it gets slower again.

Ok...now I see how frustratingly slow the boards can be. I need to get Miles breakfast and get myself ready. I'll check in after preschool.

The boards actually are running pretty well this morning! At least when compared with how they HAVE been running! :laughing:

Good morning folks...right now for this moment at least...the boards are moving relatively smoothly. I hope they figure out how to keep it moving.

Good to see ya!

Tom -- I hope Leighanna feels better soon and doesn't share her bug!

We are hovering around 33 degrees, so no ice thankgoodness! Of course, Texans don't know how to drive in the rain either, so I sat for 30 minutes in a back-up this morning.

After today, we are warming up and should see some sun. Yahoo!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Old thread:

159,363 Replies

I would say just be done with the old thread, regardless of what the outcome is tonight.

I can live with that! But since I jumped in about 10 months after the thread started I don't have any sort of attachment to the old thread! I guess there is no longer any question about whether or not the webmasters know about our thread! :rotfl2:

Good morning. :)

It's FRIDAY!!! :banana:

Freezing cold and raining, but Friday!

Thanks for posting a design here on our bare white walls, Debbie! :goodvibes

Good for you to get those numbers down already. Go get 'em, girl!

Debbie, I'm glad your numbers are getting better! Love that design! :)

Good morning DDA!

I have some good news this Friday morning--I got an email from disney with a pin code!! i never got one before, so i was pretty excited---not sure if ill be able to use it, but im definietly going to try!

Cool! Hope it works out for you!! :banana:

Yesteday was Epcot all day, we arrived at 9:30 and left after Illuminations. We did a few rides in FW and then strolled around the WS. The girls did all of the KidCot stops and Emma completed her passport. We had dinner in Norway and did not like it one bit. First we arrived at 5pm to check in and the cast member tells me that we are late, 20 minutes late. Our ADR was for 4:40pm. Every piece of paper I have I had it written as 5:30. So I don't know what happend there. But we did get in so that was good. The food was fine but we were rushed. I had to take Molly to the restroom and by the time we got back our dinner was on the table. 10 minutes from the time we sat down at the table. The princesses rushed through the room. Our server wasn't so great either. He did not clear the table and with a 6 month old who likes to grab for anything in her eyesight, it did not make for a fun experience. And he did not refill our drinks either. The girls enjoyed it so that's all that matters.

Today we are off to the MK. We need to get to Frontierland and Adventureland. But just plan to ride rides all day and soak up the atmosphere. It'll at least be 2 years before we make it back. :sad1:

We are leaving Saturday morning and driving back home. We haven't decided if we are making it one shot or stopping yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Sorry your dinner was sub-par. Once at Akershus was enough for us, and that was pre-princess. Have fun today!!

That sounds delicious, Elin! I will add those ingredients to my grocery list.

It was weird that I had the dreams last night, and then came here this morning to a new thread. I haven't been on the boards in so long that I didn't know that they have been running slow. I was a little worried when I first saw the new thread that something bad had happened on the old one. I was glad that wasn't the case.

Good to see you, Beth! :goodvibes

Tom - I hope Leighanna feels better soon!

Deb - I hope Nick finished his book!

I asked DS when he will have to present his Science Fair project to the class. He said the students are being called up in small groups to present to the teacher because there are some kids who HAVEN'T STARTED their projects yet! :scared1: Those kids BETTER fail.:mad:

Princess has a haircut today, then we have to return some things to Gap Kids and go to the grocery. I might wait until this afternoon to go to the grocery. I would prefer NOT to go in the rain.:scared:

Have a good day, all! Stay warm!

Thanks for the great recap Debbie & I will just say ditto!

Hi Beth, good to see you, sounds like your life is a whirlwind!

Robyn - sorry your trip is coming to an end, glad you have been having a wonderful time, I can't wait to see pictures.

Tom - PD for Leighanna :wizard: so many of the DDA kiddos are under the weather right now, hopefully they'll all feel better soon.

Jen - Congrats on the "Poof"! Hopefully you'll be able to use it, maybe you can time a trip when other DDA's are there.

Tia - I hope you're breathing better today, I definitely know the feeling. :hug:

Have fun planning Elin! My AP expires in Oct. If I thought I could get one more trip out of it.....................

A meeting would be just wonderful, Debbie, but Bob and I won't be going that late. We usually have gone around Kathrin's birthday (10/23) but this year I am betting we could be traveling without kids. So, we thought we would go a week or two earlier to get full use of our APs. I need to start looking at the calendar to see what might work out best for us.

Heidi your new signature picture is cute!

Good Morning DDA,

I thought I'd post a design, just for old times sake, it's one of my older ones, but also one of my favorites.

tower.gif

I'm proud to day that even though it is still too high, my glucose level has come down quite a bit. DH is being very supportive and has agreed to eat the same meals as I do which is making it much easier, only problem is he doesn't need to lose anymore weight.

I hope you got a little sleep Deb, it's been a long time but I remember helping with many school projects.
Love it, Debbie.

I'm glad your glucose level has dropped and that your DH is being supportive. It's always easier to make lifestyle changes when you have someone to do it with.

Good morning DDA!

I have some good news this Friday morning--I got an email from disney with a pin code!! i never got one before, so i was pretty excited---not sure if ill be able to use it, but im definietly going to try!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yesteday was Epcot all day, we arrived at 9:30 and left after Illuminations. We did a few rides in FW and then strolled around the WS. The girls did all of the KidCot stops and Emma completed her passport. We had dinner in Norway and did not like it one bit. First we arrived at 5pm to check in and the cast member tells me that we are late, 20 minutes late. Our ADR was for 4:40pm. Every piece of paper I have I had it written as 5:30. So I don't know what happend there. But we did get in so that was good. The food was fine but we were rushed. I had to take Molly to the restroom and by the time we got back our dinner was on the table. 10 minutes from the time we sat down at the table. The princesses rushed through the room. Our server wasn't so great either. He did not clear the table and with a 6 month old who likes to grab for anything in her eyesight, it did not make for a fun experience. And he did not refill our drinks either. The girls enjoyed it so that's all that matters.

Today we are off to the MK. We need to get to Frontierland and Adventureland. But just plan to ride rides all day and soak up the atmosphere. It'll at least be 2 years before we make it back. :sad1:

We are leaving Saturday morning and driving back home. We haven't decided if we are making it one shot or stopping yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I'm sorry you had a less than stellar experience at Norway. I've never eaten there for dinner. We've only done breakfast. Enjoy your last day!!!

Leighanna is sick. I don't think she will be going to school today. This will be the first day she missed since our trip to the World.

She tossed and turned all night. I took her temp late, and she had a fever, so I gave her some children's tylenol, and she seemed to be doing better.

She has been coughing and yesterday her nose started to run, so I knew something was brewing!

Hopefully a long weekend will make her feel better.

BRRRRR! It is freezing out today. I just let the dog out, and she ran right back in.

Is it Spring yet?
Sounds like Leighanna is the next victim of whatever is creeping around the DDA. :wizard: that it doesn't linger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter