DDA Chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Vicki, it looks a little ambitious. But you already know that, so you already understand that you might not manage all of those things. :)
When we have tried to go to PM EMH at MK in August it has been so packed we couldn't move. June may not be as bad. I think the biggest issue will be crowds and the amount of time it takes to move your group from point A to point B. If the kids want to get in the pool at the resort and then rest afterwards it will consume mass amounts of time.
Even though DS appears to have boundless amounts of energy at home, WDW wears him out. He fights about getting up in the morning, fights about getting up from nap, and falls asleep on the buses. On the other hand, he argues about going to sleep at night and claims he doesn't need naps. :rolleyes: We can't do AM EMH and make it all the way through fireworks more than once every few days, even with a break.

You'll figure it all out! You guys are going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, & Dale. All are dressed in their beach wear :thumbsup2 This is only for breakfast though, I do not think their are characters for dinner.

So glad to hear you booked your resort!

Which characters are generally at Cape May?

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, & Dale. All are dressed in their beach wear :thumbsup2 This is only for breakfast though, I do not think their are characters for dinner.

So glad to hear you booked your resort!

Thanks! I am re-thinking breakfasts going with the late breakfast/early lunch theory. We probably won't go to Cape May for breakfast, too, but maybe...

Honestly, Vicki, it looks a little ambitious. But you already know that, so you already understand that you might not manage all of those things. :)
When we have tried to go to PM EMH at MK in August it has been so packed we couldn't move. June may not be as bad. I think the biggest issue will be crowds and the amount of time it takes to move your group from point A to point B. If the kids want to get in the pool at the resort and then rest afterwards it will consume mass amounts of time.
Even though DS appears to have boundless amounts of energy at home, WDW wears him out. He fights about getting up in the morning, fights about getting up from nap, and falls asleep on the buses. On the other hand, he argues about going to sleep at night and claims he doesn't need naps. :rolleyes: We can't do AM EMH and make it all the way through fireworks more than once every few days, even with a break.

You'll figure it all out! You guys are going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

So what would you give up? Remembering that this could be the only time my niece & nephew get to Disney in their childhood. I'm thinking of giving up WCC, the campfire, singalong & movie. I put that in there because it is something that I remember from when we stayed when I was little. However, my sister does not remember it.

We usually take a 2 hour break at the resort. I have that in there for most days. It is just Sunday and Thursday that I'm concerned about for those.

We won't stay until the end of EMH every night. We will just be there until we are ready to head out which will probably be 11pm most nights. My sister and her kids are very early risers! I mean very early! I'm not worried about them making it to the parks early. My girls can sleep in if they want. They don't have to be at everything with us.

Do you want to hear something depressing? There is white stuff coming down outside!

Elizabeth sounds like you have had a productive day cleaning. I got a giggle out of your vacuum mishap :laughing:

Deb, yea for finishing with all the trees today!

Vicki your schedule looks a little hectic, but then it looks like the schedule I have made for August :rotfl: I normally do not bother with the early morning hours, but with going in the hottest part of the year I plan on trying them this time. I love extra hours at night, so we will be doing those as well. If we get to burnt out, we will slow down & just hang out at the resort for a while. I do plan on breaks everyday, so hopefully that will help as well. The only parade I am interested in seeing is the new one at HS.

Elizabeth sounds like you have had a productive day cleaning. I got a giggle out of your vacuum mishap :laughing:

Deb, yea for finishing with all the trees today!

Vicki your schedule looks a little hectic, but then it looks like the schedule I have made for August :rotfl: I normally do not bother with the early morning hours, but with going in the hottest part of the year I plan on trying them this time. I love extra hours at night, so we will be doing those as well. If we get to burnt out, we will slow down & just hang out at the resort for a while. I do plan on breaks everyday, so hopefully that will help as well. The only parade I am interested in seeing is the new one at HS.

If this were just a trip for Chuck, I & the girls, it wouldn't look anything like this. Actually, this looks similar to the one from our first trip which I thought would be my one & only.

Since Star Wars week-end was added, I have even more added in there. That totally threw things off for me.

You will all have a wonderful time no matter what you decide :goodvibes

If this were just a trip for Chuck, I & the girls, it wouldn't look anything like this. Actually, this looks similar to the one from our first trip which I thought would be my one & only.

Since Star Wars week-end was added, I have even more added in there. That totally threw things off for me.

We are not go-go-go people.

Please review and let me know what you think.

Friday arrive MCO at 11:30am, resort by 1pm, MK parade at 3pm, Spectro 9, Wishes 10, MK EMH so open to 2am

Saturday HS at opening, Star Wars Parade at 11:30, leave for resort by 1, head back to HS when rested and stay to closing (8), take boat to Epcot for Illuminations at 9, take monorail to MK just for the ride and a shorter line for buses back to OKW

Sunday CRT at 8:10, MK til 12:30, rest and get to AK parade for 4pm, stay until closing (8), go to MK for EMH if desired

Monday Typhoon Lagoon at opening until 12:30 or 1pm, WCC at 5pm, FW Fire 6:30, Sing-along 7:00, Movie 7:40, EWP 9:45

Tuesday AK for opening, Tusker House 10:15, resort by 1:30pm, rest and on to Epcot to eat around the world, Epcot has EMH to 12

Wednesday Epcot at opening, Resort by 1:30, rest and head to DTD, Cirque at 6pm, hang out at DTD or head to HS with EMH to 1am

Thursday BB EM at 8am, Resort by 12:30, Katrina & Becky leave, HS Parade by 3, HS Fantasmic 7, boat to Epcot, hang out at Epcot EMH until 12

Friday MK at opening, Crystal Palace at 1:05, resort by 3, leave open - maybe head to DTD Disney Quest or MK for EMH until 2am

Saturday - Chuck & I leave, Sister, Niece, Nephew and Mom move to Pop for the night, they can do whatever they want to go back and see

I think I'm trying to do too much. I want to make sure we do the important things but get the rest we need so that they aren't worn out by the end.

Maybe it is just me, Vicki... but this certainly screams GO GO GO to me! Opening to closing, even with breaks in the middle of the day would wear me out!

Well, Tammi and her clan had great weather for Nicholas' party today. :)

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to run over there and wish him well. :(

My washer is sitting in my backyard and the new Maytag will be delivered and installed tomorrow morning, according to the delivery service. The outdoor floodlights have been reinstalled and the flourescent fixture in the laundry room has been replaced.

I also purchased and then put down 8 bags of mulch, planted some geraniums and put out 4 hanging baskets. My garden has begun!

I am exhausted!

It was absolutely beautiful here today with temps in the upper 80s (and still 81), but there are thunderstorms all around us and we ought to see them before the night is over. NO SNOW, though!

Please review and let me know what you think.

Friday arrive MCO at 11:30am, resort by 1pm, MK parade at 3pm, Spectro 9, Wishes 10, MK EMH so open to 2am

Saturday HS at opening, Star Wars Parade at 11:30, leave for resort by 1, head back to HS when rested and stay to closing (8), take boat to Epcot for Illuminations at 9, take monorail to MK just for the ride and a shorter line for buses back to OKW

Sunday CRT at 8:10, MK til 12:30, rest and get to AK parade for 4pm, stay until closing (8), go to MK for EMH if desired

Monday Typhoon Lagoon at opening until 12:30 or 1pm, WCC at 5pm, FW Fire 6:30, Sing-along 7:00, Movie 7:40, EWP 9:45

Tuesday AK for opening, Tusker House 10:15, resort by 1:30pm, rest and on to Epcot to eat around the world, Epcot has EMH to 12

Wednesday Epcot at opening, Resort by 1:30, rest and head to DTD, Cirque at 6pm, hang out at DTD or head to HS with EMH to 1am

Thursday BB EM at 8am, Resort by 12:30, Katrina & Becky leave, HS Parade by 3, HS Fantasmic 7, boat to Epcot, hang out at Epcot EMH until 12

Friday MK at opening, Crystal Palace at 1:05, resort by 3, leave open - maybe head to DTD Disney Quest or MK for EMH until 2am

Saturday - Chuck & I leave, Sister, Niece, Nephew and Mom move to Pop for the night, they can do whatever they want to go back and see

I think I'm trying to do too much. I want to make sure we do the important things but get the rest we need so that they aren't worn out by the end.

Vicki-we didn't have breaks and we didn't do that much!! I would think anything after 9 pm and your niece and nephew will be wiped!! Though EWP is one thing I remember from my childhood (and my kids loved it last summer). We really only stayed out late one night....MK. The rest we left the parks and were back in our room by 11. Resting each day might help to lengthen your days, but remember there may be long times on the buses.
Yes, everybody can sleep when they get home but you don't want the kids being so tired they don't remember anything. The magic is in being there and being with family not in seeing everything.

It was absolutely beautiful here today with temps in the upper 80s (and still 81), but there are thunderstorms all around us and we ought to see them before the night is over. NO SNOW, though!

It was so cold here today that I turned the heat back on:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter