DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I can't seem to shake this funk I'm in at the minute.

This help.
funny dog GIF

Morning folks...
Wait now, he's in southern Manitoba. It's all relative.
Yes, I have relatives in southern Manitoba.
$14.99 for one and $24.99 for two. Amazon pricing difference.
Whoa, that's huge. I just checked... yup! Big difference between .CA vs .COM.
So, are you saying they're all relatives in Manitoba, as in Alabama here? Jeff Foxworthy --- If your family tree does not fork, you might be a Redneck.
:laughing:
Hey @pkondz I can pick you one up, but then trying to get it back would suck.
Nah, thanks Doc. I'm good. I'll order from Amazon and they can ship it for far less than what it would cost you (well, me in the long run.)
I have my freeloading extended family over tonight, who come round my house once a year, bring a cheap bottle of wine and then help themselves to my top shelf spirits.
:sad2:
That's why God invented liquor cabinets with locks.
Never been invited around their houses. I just do it for my mum, but I've put her on notice that this might be the last year I do it, as I've done it in one form or another for 20 years, pretty much as soon as I had a house, it was "Good ol' Dan will pick up the slack"
"I hope everyone had a good time! Glad to see you all again! Next year, we'll do this at Cousin Alan's house!"
:hug:

Happy Saturday. Worked this morning and enjoying the free time. We are hosting the outlaws for Christmas this year, so DW was following marching orders, spent the morning shopping, and my home is being turned into hoarded chaos. I'll be hauling tables and chairs home from the church for all the ingrates. And, I had to find/ hire someone to dress as Santa for the one child who still believes so all can take pictures. Then, one of them shows up with "gifts" for the "family". By gifts, it means tons of carp from QVC. By family, it means just those individuals that are liked. So, there's one for me, one for my youngest daughter, three for my older daughter, and five for my wife. Similar #s for the other 40 people coming to Christmas. As a result, there's no room under my tree or anywhere in the house, so I can't have the monorail up around the tree.

Nice. That's a quality item right there. Can I refill your egg nog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?

One of my favorite lines from the movie. And, the way I feel about the outlaws.

Morning chaps from a relatively sunny London. I have my freeloading extended family over tonight, who come round my house once a year, bring a cheap bottle of wine and then help themselves to my top shelf spirits. Never been invited around their houses. I just do it for my mum, but I've put her on notice that this might be the last year I do it, as I've done it in one form or another for 20 years, pretty much as soon as I had a house, it was "Good ol' Dan will pick up the slack"

Have a good weekend all

See the above quote Mark posted. I get you buddy.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday. Worked this morning and enjoying the free time. We are hosting the outlaws for Christmas this year, so DW was following marching orders, spent the morning shopping, and my home is being turned into hoarded chaos. I'll be hauling tables and chairs home from the church for all the ingrates. And, I had to find/ hire someone to dress as Santa for the one child who still believes so all can take pictures. Then, one of them shows up with "gifts" for the "family". By gifts, it means tons of carp from QVC. By family, it means just those individuals that are liked. So, there's one for me, one for my youngest daughter, three for my older daughter, and five for my wife. Similar #s for the other 40 people coming to Christmas. As a result, there's no room under my tree or anywhere in the house, so I can't have the monorail up around the tree.

One of my favorite lines from the movie. And, the way I feel about the outlaws.

See the above quote Mark posted. I get you buddy.

No new posts? What is the world coming to? Disappointed. :scared1:

Evening all,

Club volleyball season has come to an end. Our boys played hard but it was not to be as we fell in the bronze medal game. We finished tied for 1st in our pool but the tie breaking formula didn't work in our favour so it was off the the quarterfinals this morning at 8 am. Scrappy win in that one followed but a hard fought loss in the semi. The good thing was our opponent from the top ranked team who choked for the second year in a row. They are another club from out town and they are arrogant, cocky and are really bad for the sport. They are all about winning and not about development; that's what usually bites them in the butt when the chips are down.

Our only big issue was one parent who looks at things through rose coloured glasses and always has. He tried to cause a scene with the head coach between matches because he son wasn't playing as much as he thought he should be. I feel sorry for the kid, he's a good kid, works hard he just isn't the best player at his position that we had.

Couple of months off and we'll be back at it for high school season.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Only 4.5 days of work left in this decade for me!!

So... I got days off... no chance of a call... Lots to do! I'm behind on Christmas decorating and cooking and baking....
Friday, I was busy, but that left the weekend. I did have some lunch with DD on Friday, which was nice... except.

I can't 100% say it was the lunch, but... I had a couple veggie samosas earlier and a bun with some homemade jam on it later...
And starting about mid-morning on Saturday until... well... it's still going on to a degree, I got food poisoning. Last night was rough, not gonna lie. I was one sick puppy. Worst of it is over, but... I can't quite figure out how I still have to sit on the pot when I've already gone 15 times (yeah, I counted) and haven't eaten solid food since then.

Hope your weekend was better. A lot better.

Morning, guys! Man was this a busy weekend. Saturday was filled with attending birthday parties, a friend of my daughter's and then our daughter's party. Then after all that was done and cleaned up, we went to our daughter's piano recital...which made for a very long day. I had a church gig on Sunday and then spent the afternoon cleaning while my daughter was at Nana's helping her to put the Christmas tree up, and with my wife away at an orchestra concert (playing the harp), that gave me the room to clean how I wanted, which was: "What's this? Don't know: Toss is." hahahaha My wife and daughter hate throwing things out.

I'd be interested to compare notes...
Hopefully, I won't ever have to worry about it again, but just in case...seems to be a lot of job uncertainty going around sadly. :sad:

Just saw Randall's reaction...
Maybe some clarification is needed ...
I'm not saying my job has uncertainty, but the issues some of the other guys are talking about. I shouldn't ever need a cover letter again, but nothing is certain except death and taxes (and debates about political candidates)

I'd be willing to compare notes. I woke up this morning and decided to re-write my cover letter, yet again. This time I'm going with bullet points instead of all paragraphs.

The good thing was our opponent from the top ranked team who choked for the second year in a row. They are another club from out town and they are arrogant, cocky and are really bad for the sport. They are all about winning and not about development; that's what usually bites them in the butt when the chips are down.

Well, it's always a good thing when karma comes through.

I can't 100% say it was the lunch, but... I had a couple veggie samosas earlier and a bun with some homemade jam on it later...
And starting about mid-morning on Saturday until... well... it's still going on to a degree, I got food poisoning. Last night was rough, not gonna lie. I was one sick puppy. Worst of it is over, but... I can't quite figure out how I still have to sit on the pot when I've already gone 15 times (yeah, I counted) and haven't eaten solid food since then.

Ugh. Nothing worse than that. Hope you recover soon.

it’s Monday. Is everyone happy???

Eh, I'm here. Single digits to Christmas, though.

It certainly counts as impressive.

Thanks, but my FiL did all the drafting and planning. All I did was follow instructions.

That definitely counts, I wish I was that handy. Or could inherit a house! My MIL is supposedly giving us money for a house down the line. But I feel like it's not real until it happens

I certainly got lucky with the house. Now keeping it up is another issue. I don't consider myself all that handy, so things tend to fall behind. However, I'm trying to work on things a little at a time. Besides, it helps to have friends in the trades.

Inheriting a house is nice, but doing your own construction on a home is impressive. That's certainly a way to keep home expenses down, if you have the talent and ability.

As I said on Goofy's post: I just followed instructions.

This help.
funny dog GIF

This is absolutely hysterical. hahahahaha

I hate to say it but I"m kind of hoping the market crashes again so I can take advantage of it
Don’t worry…
It will.

Fairly soon I think.

You didn't. Not a single photo of extremely hot and underdressed women came through.
That’s what the F/B group is for. ;)

I like eggnog though. Just one more thing I miss on keto. Maybe another year and then I can enjoy.
Enjoy it now. We can’t just be miserable all the time.
Just have one or two over the next week or so and then don’t do it again till next year.

The problem with market crashes is that homes become cheaper but financing becomes harder to get because lenders get more conservative with their loans. Arrrrrgghhh!
Another problem is that when the other homes become cheaper, the one you have now is worth less as well, so there’s less potential profit to put into a move.

Now, if you’re clairvoyant, then you can sell the current one just before the crash, and then wait to buy the new one after the market hits bottom, but…

I ain’t got that kind of ESP (nor luck for that matter).

Morning folks.
it’s Monday. Is everyone happy???
Probably happier then you were the last day or two.
Hopefully you’re doing considerably better now.

All I did was follow instructions.
Don’t underestimate that.
It’s surprising just how few folks actually possess the ability to do such.

Don’t underestimate that.
It’s surprising just how few folks actually possess the ability to do such.

This is true. I see it all the time here at work.

It's really shocking, I work in IT and the amount of stuff I just look up and fix that way is impressive.

So, is anyone else excited for the new Star Wars?!

Can't wait to see Star Wars!

The Bills are in the Playoffs!! Today is a great day!
:laughing: I know what that feels like! Congrats!
Ugh. Nothing worse than that. Hope you recover soon.
Better... not completely over it, but... better.
Eh, I'm here. Single digits to Christmas, though.
Don't remind me! I'm so far behind! :eek:
Don’t worry…
It will.

Fairly soon I think.
popcorn::
That’s what the F/B group is for. ;)
Might have to go over there...
Probably happier then you were the last day or two.
Probably. I was very unhappy...
Hopefully you’re doing considerably better now.
Not "considerably"... but better, yes. Definitely the worst has passed.
Can't wait to see Star Wars!
YES!!

Having a rough day today. I've never told you guys this, but I have Bipolar Disorder. That's why I used to live down in Atlanta and now live up in Pittsburgh. My wife moved out to be with her family (with DS) and we got divorced while I was having trouble this year, and before we knew what was going on. She though I had just turned into a monster.

Now I am in therapy and on Meds, and doing slightly better. We live together again, but now I've gone from 6 years of being on my own in apartments to living in my mother in laws house. Despite that every week still brings a new struggle. I feel so worthless. It's nice being here and having people to talk to throughout the workday, I think I'd lose it from the lack of socialization if I didn't have the internet. So thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter