Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

I just was speaking to my TA here in Toronto, as no docs yet, and she said that Disney was mailing them out today. She told me that Disney was sending them out to everyone today and no one should have received them yet! Ha, I say -- just another one of her lines ... I apparently should receive them from her by the end of next week (just 5 days before leaving for Florida). Anyway, enough of my b----ing.

Glad to hear that not everyone is packed yet! Has anyone purchased the wine package on the cruise before? It seems like a good deal instead of packing a case in my carry-on.

Have a great day everyone.

The official DIS list is another thread under Cruise Meets forum. I labeled it
Dec. 28th official DIS list for special 7 day Western. Kathy

We bought the wine package on our first cruise and felt bad that we never finished the wine.. Our servers loved it becasue by night 4 we were giving it to them. On cruise #2 we did not purchase the package and spent way more buying by the bottle and giving away just as much.

We will be buying the package thsi time around. :drinking1

We are getting a bottle of the Fairy Tale champagne for NYE, we'll probably just go by the glass most other nights. Palo we usually buy a bottle and finish it (teehee)

I can't believe we're under 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeneralMax and Masonpips! You little lushes! ;) Just kidding! It's a funny thing the topic came up. For years my husband was allergic to wine, along with bananas, kiwi, mango, carrot, etc. Since he started taking Nexium a couple of years ago, he has overcome (at least) the wine allergy and become quite a connoisseur of wines! He loved the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee we had at WDW in April and says we are getting one for my birthday AND one for NYE! So we will probably buy the wine package. When we went 2 years ago he wasn't on the med yet and so I took the wine tasting with my friend. Now he can't wait to do that.

On another subject, I called DCL to find out if I could book my ressies for the REAS and she said that Disney would be contacting me about 2 weeks out to take them. I thought this was strange because I have heard that others have already booked them, I think with DU. When I mentioned this, she insisted that Disney only contacts the cruisers, and does not go through the TA's. What do you all make of this? Should I get a second opinion?

If you can find Debbie's number (is search working again), I'd call. We confirmed ours with her about 2 weeks ago. I heard she's out now, but the first time I called she was out, but left a back-up number (another Debbie) to call.

I have the number at work - if you haven't found it by tomorrow, I can post it

GeneralMax said:
I saw the post about signing the kids up at the terminal. That will be great!

LegalBriefs - How are we doing on the DIS meet in your Cat 1? Did you get my e-mail?

Sorry, yes, I got your email, though I cannot seem to pull it up anymore... i thought I had saved it in my mail.... strange... but, yes, I am still very enthused about having the get-together in our suite... can you mail me one more time with the date before we make it public so i can make sure it works for us.... I wholeheartedly apologize for not responding sooner, but there have been a few pending issues in my life keeping me busy, but everything is resolved now... and I cannot express how excited I am about this cruise!! :cool1: I can't wait to meet all of you! :grouphug:

Ok, I am not seriously working on my treasure hunt. This is a lot of work! The first box will be marked with a big #1 and will contain:

Mason and Lauren,
Merry Christmas to you
Will you play a game
That is brand new?

Like pirates you will be
On a treasure hunt you see
More than one or two
Clue after clue after clue

And at the end
There is something more
To make you jump
All over the floor!

Are you ready to play?
So what do you do?
Open the blue box
And read the first clue!!

I'm mapping out which box color goes where and what words I need at each section - it's taking me a table in Word to keep it all straight!

I think I'm in denial at how close we are - I'm so excited about the holidays, still have 7 working days left, we're hosting an Open House next Saturday and invited a maximum of 64 people (OMG, but already 10+ have cancelled) and I just don't realize we're nearly 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all, now I am really ticked at DCL. No docs and no sign of them from our TA side either!!! This will be our 7th DCL cruise and third in a cat. 3. You would think we booked this thing last minute but we booked it 11 months ago. We have had our air times for several weeks so I know they had been working on ours. My plans were to wrap up the docs to give to our daughter to open on Christmas morning. If that doesn't happen I won't be cruising on DCL any more. This is just ridiculous. Kathy

We just got our docs yesterday. Very excited until I saw that we got a Cat 6 with a solid white wall verandah instead of the plexiglass. It is way at the front of the ship where I understand you are more likely to feel movement. Plus it looks like a long way (for DD's three year old legs) from the main elevators/stairs to get to the Oceaneer's lab. Has anyone had a cabin like this and what was your experience? I really was hoping for the open feeling the plexiglass would give us, especially so that DD3 could see out without being lifted up or, horrors, decide to try to climb up!

We are also booked for Capt. Marvin's Stingray excursion (thanks for the info MasonPips). Has anyone tried the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel or parasailing at CC?

So nice to have you all to be excited with.

Hopefully our docs should be here by the 18th -- I have no faith in out TA, so who knows. I feel lucky to have found this website, as I feel that even though this is our first cruise, everyone is sharing the info that they are receiving. I can live vicariously through all of you that has already received the info. Having said that, if no docs by the 18th, I will be taking a strip of the TA!!
Kathy, I am especially hopeful for you -- you seem to have planned this trip so well for the kids surprise on Christmas day. Here's wishing postal speed for yours ...
CycleMom - I noticed that you are from Mississauga, we are from Brooklin (north of Whitby). Are you flying out from Pearson? If so, here's hoping for a quick process at Immigration.
Looking forward to having a drink, in the sun, on the ship with all of you.

Michele

Jestyx3, yes we are flying out of Pearson, but we decided to go the day before just to be safe. Speedy immigration to you too.

I booked through Costco travel and have very little that is positive (other than the cost savings) to say about the experience with them, so I know how you feel when you have a bad TA. We will know better for next time!

Cruise Log '04: Today is Mon. Dec. 13 and still no docs. Days until Christmas morning--12.

Oh well, travel agents. We use our friend who started working in the business in 2000. I found this board in Jan. 2000 when I was recovering from a broken arm. That is how we found out about the new 7 day cruise instead of the only offered 3 and 4 day land/sea vacations. I always tend to forget that is is Dreams Unlimited travel agency that owns this board. I think most people reading the boards forget about Dreams. The people who use them really like them. Sometime we need to give Dreams a try. At least they know when you are having problems as in no docs, they read the boards!

Back to worrying about the docs and this ugly high wind we been having doesn't help. At least there is no snow! It would really by bad if we had snow. Kathy

I emailed my friend in Tampa to see if she has her docs yet either. We both used Dreams and have been happy with them (I've used them all 3 times now). I hope everyone else gets theirs in time!

I seem to get busier and busier as time goes on - thank goodness I did a bunch of prep work. Right now my goal is to get through Saturday as we're having our Open House - all my shopping is done so that's good. I just look at the countdown timer and sortof freak out each time!

And, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Select at MCO the night before via Priceline - on the Holiday Inn site it says it's 45 miles to the port so we'll be leaving early on Sat a.m. to drive over.

I had a suggestion to post this request to this group, so here goes... Hope one of you will be able to help...

Big favor needed from a New Years/early Jan cruiser...please?
Hi all,
I have a great big favor to ask of someone who is cruising either over New Year's or one of the first sailings in January. My DS turns 7 on Jan 12th, and we are surprising him with a Wonder sailing on 1/16.

He's a pin collector/trader, and was commenting the other day that he wanted to make room for a DCL 2005 pin on his lanyard. I asked him how he expected to get one, since we weren't going on a cruise anytime soon (mean mommy, I know). He looked so dissappointed, but it was all I could do not to break down and tell him.

My BF is on the Magic right now, and checked on the '05 pins, and said that they won't sell them until 2005 (surprise, surprise).

If there is anyone going in VERY early 2005 who could send me a 2005 DCL pin, I would be forever grateful. Of course I will reimburse you for the cost of the pin + postage.

Thank you in advance!!

ljm

ljm,

I would be happy to help out. We are surprising out daughter with this cruise. Send me your information and what type of '05 pin you are looking for and I will get it bought and sent to you. My email address is:
kathyt@raccoon.com

I will always remember Towncrier from the DIS boards. We met on the first 7 day and the next year he picked us up from the Hyatt and took us to MGM and we spent a good part of the day with his family enjoying the parks. DIS people are the best.

Kathy Thompson

LegalBriefs said:
Sorry, yes, I got your email, though I cannot seem to pull it up anymore... i thought I had saved it in my mail.... strange... but, yes, I am still very enthused about having the get-together in our suite... can you mail me one more time with the date before we make it public so i can make sure it works for us....

LegalBriefs- Trying to e-mail you but it keeps coming back undeliverable. Try me at RuthLowenthal@comcast.net

Sorry it took so lng to respond. We had strng winds this weekend and our cable went out. No internet. :earseek:

Kathy - my kids are into Disney pins so hey will help you out if you need it.

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Wow, two weeks from now I will be telling my husband that we need to leave the hotel at exactly this time -- 7:15 am! I am very anal when it comes to get somewhere, much to Marks dismay. Since I have no idea how long it will take from the hotel to the port, I would rather get there, find a spot for breakfast and then high-tail it to the check-in area. I may need help and admitting it is the first step of the process ... I will seek help after the holiday as I have no time now.

Here's hoping that everyone has a great week and that your plans to get yourselves ready go as smoothly as the water under our ship!

Happy Tuesday!

Cruise log -04... Today is Tuesday, Dec. 14th and no cruise docs. 11 days until Christmas morning. I think DCL forgot about mailing your packages early since it is the Christmas season.

I will be hunting for a pin for ljm's son. Any help will be appreciated, thank you. I always look at the pins but I know me, once I buy I am keeping it. Have you ever seen the first 7 day pin? It is huge, about 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" and heavy. It has two pins to hold it on. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter