• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

December 2007...who's going?

Thanks for the nice thoughts :flower3:
Yes we do have some great plans for our trip alone...thanks in part to all of you DIS Veterans. This site has been a valuable tool in the planning process. For instance I didn't know you had to make advanced ADR's for good dining etc. Guess in the past we always did fast food or nicer meals off property. Thank goodness I found out because now I have some great ressies. The challenge was in deciding between so many options.
I'm envious of all you veteran posters with the numerous trips listed in your signature. Hope to catch up someday.
Question? Do you fax in room requests?

Happy Travels!

I am not normally a person that is bothered by the cold, but if you sit by WS Lagoon and the wind is blowing and the temp is like 50 degrees, then you will be glad you have a jacket and/or blanket, that wind cut like a knife. We dressed warmly each day, but the day we went to Epcot, we still had to buy some blankets at Mexico, we were going to anyway, but had to end up using several of them that night during Illuminations. Our last full day we went to MK and it was even colder that day and it was very cloudy and very cold. I was wearing jeans and 2 sweaters and a jacket and had on gloves and a scarf around my ears. there was only one day that whole week that was warm and I was still wearing long sleeves and a jacket.

I think the couple of weeks after that were much warmer.

Suzanne princess:

lol i know i'm just teasing you about saying you're not crazy enough yet to stay for the crowds. I'll be there for the crowds thats why i said you were calling me crazy.

Oh, okay, I was having a dead day yesterday, forgot to turn on the brain :rotfl: :lmao:

I really wish we could stay longer, but we really need to be home for Christmas, with my cousin's children.

Suzanne :santa:

PrincessSuzanne, I totally agree about DW being our Happy Place. It is the getting ready, driving down and doing it all in reverse on the other end that kills me. The time in between is mostly sublime.

The brain has an on/off switch? Next thing I know you are going to tell me that the mouth does too. :rotfl:

Work to be done and since it takes skill I am the one to do it. (turning brain on 'high')

SG/Linda

PrincessSuzanne, I totally agree about DW being our Happy Place. It is the getting ready, driving down and doing it all in reverse on the other end that kills me. The time in between is mostly sublime.

The brain has an on/off switch? Next thing I know you are going to tell me that the mouth does too. :rotfl:

Work to be done and since it takes skill I am the one to do it. (turning brain on 'high')

SG/Linda

You are so not kidding, I hate the coming home part, but I will have the F&G Festival to look forward to (never been for that).

Yes, my brain has an off switch, sure wish the mouth did, cause mine surely doesn't and it gets me in a heap of trouble :rotfl:. Maybe if I could just get the two of them to work together I would be alot better off :confused3 :rolleyes1

Weather - We are also arriving on the 9th thru the 12th. We also only live 2 hours north. The extended forcast is calling for mid 70' high and mid 50 low. It was 80 here today. So we have been doing the layer thing here lately. Starts off cool and then gets hot. Factor in the humidity also.

julie007, can we elect you to be our weather guide as the local forecasts are always more accurate than the bigger picture ones? If you could arrange temperate weather there might be a little extra in it for you too. :rotfl: In September it rained each and every day we were there, not a little but a whole lot AND we were there for over 3 weeks!!

I always say that when a person's mouth is open the ears close up because of 'vapor lock'. I am guilty myself. Never heard a straight line that I could resist. :banana: If I could not laugh I would just as soon not exist. I find things funny that most would not though. Irony and sarcasm are my best friends. :rotfl:

SG/Linda

slightly goofy - Um not sure what to say here. Was the persons mouth open thing directed to me? I thought I was just giving some insight to the weather right now trying to be helpful???

SNIP
Yes, my brain has an off switch, sure wish the mouth did, cause mine surely doesn't and it gets me in a heap of trouble :rotfl:. Maybe if I could just get the two of them to work together I would be alot better off :confused3 :rolleyes1

slightly goofy - Um not sure what to say here. Was the persons mouth open thing directed to me? I thought I was just giving some insight to the weather right now trying to be helpful???

I think the above quote by PrincessSuzanne, about her mouth, might be what slightlygoofy was referring to. Could be wrong, though.

Ok thank for the clarity! There was no ref to the other person and couldn't firgure it out. Been looking at the comuter too long!

julie007, I was poking fun at myself. Honest. I would never say anything mean to anyone on purpose. Please forgive me? I just have an odd sense of humor and this is an example of me speaking without brain being engaged. I appreciated your input on the weather. I trust it more than Accuweather is what I was trying to say. Are we friends again??? :guilty:

SG/Linda

We must live fairly close...that sounds like my weather today! I wore jeans and a light jacket this morning, and it was warm enough in a couple of hours to have gotten away with wearing shorts. Florida...gotta love the winters cuz' the summers are HOT!

We will be there from the 6th until the 9th. I can't wait! I just hope it's not to crowded with Pop Warner and the Allears meet.... :confused3

Majicintheair 2006 POFQ was our first family trip too. We were thier
Dec 5th-12th. This will be the third trip since. Hope everyone has a great time. Can't believe we are down to 6 days until all girl trip.

hapi2bme, I believe this is our 25th trip to DW so I know the way well by now. It used to take me about a day and a half. 16 hours or so of driving. The last few trips I have borrowed books on c/d's from our local library and it has made the time go so much faster and kept my husband calm. He has issues. :sad2: Really the only hard part is going through Atlanta for me. Timing is everything.

majicintheair, I was working in the yard barefoot the other day but then I am crazy so that means nothing. I think it was in the 40's. I just hate shoes. :rotfl:

melissac, I have never been on an all girls trip. Bet you have a blast!!

Good morning julie007. I kept thinking of our misunderstanding last night and still feel so badly about it. I just get tired and sloppy with my emails some times. I am a "train: of thought type person and sometimes run off the rails. :goodvibes

SG/Linda

Slightly Goofy...
Wow 25 trips to Disney...You could write your own guide book. :idea: Where in Indiana are you from?

Melissa C...
have fun on your all girls trip, I think that sounds like a blast! Definitely something I would like to plan. :dance3:

OMG! i am so tired of waiting...
only 22 more days...and its driving me crazy...I wanna leave today!!!:confused: WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!:sad2:

I guess I will just finish my laundry:laundy: and patiently wait for the girls to finish up with school:teacher: ....

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am so ready!!:santa:

WHO'S WITH ME???

7 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes, 21 seconds...

it is so close, yet so far away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter