December 2007...who's going?

Animal Kingdom Lodge 12/18 -12/20:dance3:
Disney Wonder 12/20 - 12/23 [Son's 8th Birthday Celebration :bday: ]
Coronado Springs Resort 12/23 - 12/25 :santa:

We can't wait!:hourglass I feel like I'm getting ready to suit up for a championship football game!! WDW, here I comeparty:!

Going out of my mind...so close to single digits!!!!

SINGLE DIGIT MIDGET!!!!

SignalTechCB, clever! I love it!! :)

eeyoresnr, not so sure having your boss counting off the days until they get rid of you is such a good thing. :rotfl:

d4est, I have been outta my mind for decades. Come on in, the water is fine!! :rotfl2:

SG/Linda

Today I'm in my jammies, sick, on antibiotics :sick: ...One week from today we'll be dining at Victoria and Albert's for my birthday.

Can't wait!! Last trip was in 02...with teenagers.
This trip (first to stay on property) just my DH and me!!! :cloud9:

Hope everyone has a wonderful visit!!!

SignalTechCB, clever! I love it!! :)

eeyoresnr, not so sure having your boss counting off the days until they get rid of you is such a good thing. :rotfl:

d4est, I have been outta my mind for decades. Come on in, the water is fine!! :rotfl2:

SG/Linda

Picked it up in the military, used it when we were getting ready to leave from one base going to another......:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Today I'm in my jammies, sick, on antibiotics :sick: ...One week from today we'll be dining at Victoria and Albert's for my birthday.

Can't wait!! Last trip was in 02...with teenagers.
This trip (first to stay on property) just my DH and me!!! :cloud9:

Hope everyone has a wonderful visit!!!

hope you feel better real soon.... have a great trip:santa:

:lmao: :lmao: slightlygoofy...I just read your reply:lmao:
actually she is counting down because she is dreading me being gone, cuz she has to do my job till I get back;)

eeyoresnr, ummm, might be a great time to ask for a raise when you return. Make sure you leave plenty for her to do while you are gone first. ;)

hapi2bme, I do so hope that you get to feeling better for this special time with just the two of you. Every trip is special but as much as we love kids being able to do what we want to do is special too and it sure do sound as if you have made some great plans!!

SignalTechCB, being an ex civilian employee at Fort Ben I have heard that phrase, and many others in my day. :rotfl:

SG/Linda

Just finished the latest installment of my TR.

eeyoresnr, ummm, might be a great time to ask for a raise when you return. Make sure you leave plenty for her to do while you are gone first. ;)

hapi2bme, I do so hope that you get to feeling better for this special time with just the two of you. Every trip is special but as much as we love kids being able to do what we want to do is special too and it sure do sound as if you have made some great plans!!

SignalTechCB, being an ex civilian employee at Fort Ben I have heard that phrase, and many others in my day. :rotfl:

SG/Linda

Just finished the latest installment of my TR.

Talk about a small world, my mom is an ex-civilian employee at Ft Benning.

hapi2bme, you will have a great time just you and DH. DH and I don't have children, but we usually borrow one and take my mom, but I took DH down for his birthday in August and we had a wonderful time. It is nice not having to worry about someone other than yourself for once.

Unfortunately, I still have 3 weeks, but they will go by way too fast and I probably won't be ready until the last minute.

Suzanne princess:

rincessSuzanne, so sorry to disappoint but I was referring to Fort BENjamin Harrison. It IS a small world though cause I met a dear DIS buddy on here one day and we started PMing and found out that she was emailing from the building behind my house. :thumbsup2

I am sorry you are coming in after us but it appears you will be there at Christmas and that has to be fantastic. Never done that one, yet. :santa:

SG

rincessSuzanne, so sorry to disappoint but I was referring to Fort BENjamin Harrison. It IS a small world though cause I met a dear DIS buddy on here one day and we started PMing and found out that she was emailing from the building behind my house. :thumbsup2

I am sorry you are coming in after us but it appears you will be there at Christmas and that has to be fantastic. Never done that one, yet. :santa:

SG

Oh well.

Yes, we will be there December 19-23, so not actually on Christmas, not crazy enough to stay for that crowd just yet, but I have to check out the late Dec crowd since we are going from December 13-21, 2008 and I need time to change it if we think it is too crowded.

Suzanne

I am a newbie here, trying to collect as much info as possible. We are heading to Disney 12-09-07. For those who usually travel this time, should we be packing both summer and winter gear, coats and all? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am a newbie here, trying to collect as much info as possible. We are heading to Disney 12-09-07. For those who usually travel this time, should we be packing both summer and winter gear, coats and all? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Yes and no, I would pack them, but if the weather last year was any indication of this year, you won't be wearing them. If the weather there is anything like it is here where I live and it usually is, you won't need them either. I would definitely pack some cold weather clothes or you might end up with a whole Disney wardrobe. I was greatful I had ound the Disboards before our trip last December or I would have froze. The days might have reached 60 and the nights were in the 30's.

*hands on the hips and looks over at Suzanne* so i'm crazy now am I???? lmao hugsssssssssss

I haven't called you crazy have I? Well, her post said Ft Ben, and Ft Benning is the only one I knew of, so well I assumed too quickly :confused3

Suzanne :santa:

Thanks for the nice thoughts :flower3:
Yes we do have some great plans for our trip alone...thanks in part to all of you DIS Veterans. This site has been a valuable tool in the planning process. For instance I didn't know you had to make advanced ADR's for good dining etc. Guess in the past we always did fast food or nicer meals off property. Thank goodness I found out because now I have some great ressies. The challenge was in deciding between so many options.
I'm envious of all you veteran posters with the numerous trips listed in your signature. Hope to catch up someday.
Question? Do you fax in room requests?

Happy Travels!

I just checked Accuweather for its 15 day forecast and it is showing highs from mid 60's t o low 70's and lows all the way down in the 40's when we are there (Dec 9-). It stops at the 13th so I cannot report after that.

This time of year I always pack undershirts for my husband who gets cold easily, a light jacket as well as a heavier one. Even if we do not need the heavy one while at Disney it is useful for the ride down and back. Better to be prepared.

Of course, if you are not it is a good excuse to hit the shops and buy a few extra Disney sweatshirts and jackets. :rotfl:

Does not appear to be swimming weather this trip unless you are a polar bear. :scared1:

hapi2bme., I am so glad that you learned t o make ADR's. I see so many disappointed folks who did not. It is very sad too. I no longer have to fax in my requests as they know me at the Sports and take good care of me. I am nice to them as well. :)

PrincessSuzanne, we all assume according to our range of experience and yours was with Ft. Benning. Nope, not crazy. I do like that in my friends though. :laughing: Since I was one of many who were typing in the orders to send our troops around the country I know ALL the army bases and what state they are in. Busy parks do not bother us veterans as much as others cause we have seen everything so many times that we just enjoy the scenery and watching others rush around like crazy while we do not. You will have a good time no matter what. I would do the big things you really want to do early in your trip before the thundering hoards arrive though. :thumbsup2

SG/Linda

PrincessSuzanne, we all assume according to our range of experience and yours was with Ft. Benning. Nope, not crazy. I do like that in my friends though. :laughing: Since I was one of many who were typing in the orders to send our troops around the country I know ALL the army bases and what state they are in.

My mom did that same job at Ft Benning for many years and I used to hear about all the different bases and she still remembers many of them now, but she has forgotten some of them since retiring and well with closures, some are no more.

Busy parks do not bother us veterans as much as others cause we have seen everything so many times that we just enjoy the scenery and watching others rush around like crazy while we do not. You will have a good time no matter what. I would do the big things you really want to do early in your trip before the thundering hoards arrive though. :thumbsup2

SG/Linda

Well, so far I think we have been really lucky and the busiest time we have been is during my birthday (June 8), so it is probably a little more crowded then, than it was last December 3-10. We do like to ride many things, but will be happy just wandering through those crowds. WDW is my Happy Place and just being there is enough for me.

Suzanne princess:

Oh well.

Yes, we will be there December 19-23, so not actually on Christmas, not crazy enough to stay for that crowd just yet, but I have to check out the late Dec crowd since we are going from December 13-21, 2008 and I need time to change it if we think it is too crowded.

Suzanne
lol i know i'm just teasing you about saying you're not crazy enough yet to stay for the crowds. I'll be there for the crowds thats why i said you were calling me crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter