DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

My son came home from working in the states 2 weeks ago, our last day of quarantine was yesterday. I did not bad for two weeks with cooking. Only had spaghetti once, last night, nothing else in the house. I forgot how much boys eat! Going grocery shopping today. My extra salad stuff went rotten, I miss having a salad for lunch. Been drinking between 6-8 cups of water courtesy of a 2 cup water bottle supplied by my company, I never thought I'd be able to do that, but being home and less self conscious about going to the washroom every half hour was a benefit. We're moving to having more people in the office in August, not sure how that will go for me. Still, I need to focus on eating healthier, and not drinking wine every night. Working from home today. I'm looking forward to getting into the office after the weekend, have a big list of things I need to check on files.

Yes water---I need to double down on that.
I must admit to sneaking out to Wendy's drive thru and grabbing a few Half Pecan apple chicken salads.
Everytime I buy the stuff for home it goes bad before I am motivated to make one.
It's those mini white donuts at at Sobeys that are killing me,,,and now Mc Donalds is selling them....gheesh!
I promised myself a walk in the forest today,,then a medium NOT large coffee and NO donuts!

Hugs
Mel

I was doing really well with getting lots of steps, exercise, and eating ok. Then it all fell apart and now I am struggling again. The weather got so hot it was hard to get outside for walks or anything. I am trying to get back to the steps again. I have a few days off from work and while I do plan to relax a bit. With kiddo's broken arm we can't go to the beach like I was hoping. And with COVID it's hard to figure out what is safe to do with kiddo. I need motivation, determination, to get back to it.

Trying to find something to do around the house that is special during a time when most of us have been home for months on end is hard.
My sister texted and asked if I would water her flowers while she and family go away for a week?
Ok I was jealous at first about their little trip away but then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I realized they have a Hot Tub in their backyard!!! So I texted does this include the use of the hot tub? and she said Absolutely!!!
Staycation at sister's home this weekend. Mi Ties in the Hot Tub!!
1596205549624.png

Hugs
Mel

Soooooooooo what yah doing to stay healthy people?

I need some motivation!

Hugs
Mel

I've been doing workouts by YouTuber/Blogger Chloe Ting. Have done a couple of her challenges back-to-back (she posts a free workout calendar, then you combine various workout videos from YouTube for a total workout of 30-45 minutes, and I usually add another on to make it an even 60).

It's been slower going for me, but over the past 2 months I've lost 1.5-3 inches on various body parts, and 4 "scale" lbs (doesn't sound like much, but it's a full dress size). Now that I'm 45, the weight doesn't drop off like it used to, but making this a daily habit has been really beneficial for me. It even seems to help with my migraine frequency.

A bunch of larger clothes I ordered from Old Navy finally arrived last week (after almost 2 months!) and they don't fit. I never would have believed it would be faster to just get back into shape than to wait for a shipment to arrive 🤣🤣

Not sure if we'll be back at WDW in 2021 or 2022, but looking forward to being stronger on our next trip!

Trying to find something to do around the house that is special during a time when most of us have been home for months on end is hard.
My sister texted and asked if I would water her flowers while she and family go away for a week?
Ok I was jealous at first about their little trip away but then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I realized they have a Hot Tub in their backyard!!! So I texted does this include the use of the hot tub? and she said Absolutely!!!
Staycation at sister's home this weekend. Mi Ties in the Hot Tub!!
View attachment 514897

Hugs
Mel

http://www.magicalrecipes.net/ohana-lapu-lapu-recipe/
😉

This article brought back a few memories.
This is how I used to stay Healthy & Fit...
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/oth...memories-for-residents/ar-BB17qQ8G?li=AAggFp5
I worked as a Car Hop waitress at A&W during the 70's.

People used to steal my mugs all the time,,I don't think they knew the money for them was deducted off my pay cheque. Baby mugs were their favorite.
I still have an original Root Bear stuffie.

Hugs Mel

I was doing really well with getting lots of steps, exercise, and eating ok. Then it all fell apart and now I am struggling again. The weather got so hot it was hard to get outside for walks or anything. I am trying to get back to the steps again. I have a few days off from work and while I do plan to relax a bit. With kiddo's broken arm we can't go to the beach like I was hoping. And with COVID it's hard to figure out what is safe to do with kiddo. I need motivation, determination, to get back to it.
Same here. Was so hot and humid for a few weeks in a row, got in the habit of hanging in the basement! We don't have AC. Usually I'd walk to and from work and take a quick walk break for a lunch, but I was staying inside office with AC instead. My coworker doesn't help. She gets take out all the time and brings me back stuff. Even though I have a healthy lunch in fridge, she insists I eat some greasy fries. And she always brings me wine gums every time she goes to the dollar store. I tell her to stop, because I have absolutely no will power. I think I need to fire her. LOL

I told kiddo we could bike over the Chocolat Favoris this afternoon, he thought it would be too far to bike with his broken arm (probably true) so we drove instead... not exactly a good lunch! I mean tasty but not good for us. I'll need a long walk after dinner today, once it cools off a bit. I have found using music helps the time go better when I walk. I can go further and it doesn't feel like I am.

I have found using music helps the time go better when I walk. I can go further and it doesn't feel like I am.
Me too I always have to have music when I walk because it makes the walk seem funner. I just have to remember not to sing along with the music out loud or conduct the orchestra for some songs. When I forgot my MP3 player when I have gone out would sing along in my head.

Me too I always have to have music when I walk because it makes the walk seem funner. I just have to remember not to sing along with the music out loud or conduct the orchestra for some songs. When I forgot my MP3 player when I have gone out would sing along in my head.

Yeah I have to remember not to sing along too :) I am so glad I got good headphones, though they are cordless so they need to be charged and once they died in the middle of a walk, man the walk home seemed SOOOOOOO long compared to the way out. I was just trudging along by the end of it lol.

I have found using music helps the time go better when I walk. I can go further and it doesn't feel like I am.
Yeah I have to remember not to sing along too :) I am so glad I got good headphones, though they are cordless so they need to be charged and once they died in the middle of a walk, man the walk home seemed SOOOOOOO long compared to the way out. I was just trudging along by the end of it lol.
YUP! gotta have the headphones on before i head out the door. I have the best set of Bluetooth ones that have about 18 hr battery life in use and they hold their charge for at least 2 weeks if i neglect to plug them in when i get home. I also have a set of bluetooth ear buds which i don't like as much for several reasons - battery life might be an hour, if that, and while they have a case that charges them it takes at least an hour, I can't increase the volume or skip ahead if i want to like my headphones. I carry a set of wired ones for the power failure with the buds but that has it's own set of annoyances - i HATE the sound from the wire hitting my body when i walk, I can't use my phone without unlocking the screen (i have it set to stay unlocked when connected to a bluetooth device) and for some reason Google doesn't pay attention to me when those are plugged in (you know, when i need to ask the time, text someone or search for a song)

I tend to listen to either audiobooks or podcasts as i find that makes the walk go easier because i will keep going to get to the end of a chapter or episode. Currently plowing thru The Good Place podcast and loving it! The worst for those is if i forgot to download the next episode before leaving the house because i switch my Spotify to offline so i don't burn thru my data!

Music? If i need to get somewhere in a hurry I'll turn on the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman on Earth and OMG, yeah, that gets me a few strange looks because some of those songs NEED fist pumping and some fancy foot work :P Another favourite of mine is the 2 disc soundtrack of every.single.ride& attraction in Disney World, i was thrilled to find it on Spotify!!!

Best ideas for (homemade or store bought).
Thick somewhat dry curly hair,,scap also dry ,,,need to add moisture.
Going to try Tresemme 7x moisture that I bought today but not sure it will help.

Hugs Mel

Best ideas for (homemade or store bought).
Thick somewhat dry curly hair,,scap also dry ,,,need to add moisture.
Going to try Tresemme 7x moisture that I bought today but not sure it will help.

Hugs Mel

My hair is NOT curly however when I have bleached it to the point of no return (very dry and brittle) I use this as a treatment. https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/ha...nditioner/effective-care-treatment/ION22.html

They may have something for curly hair specifically too?

Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator. I have coloured curly hair and this is what I use. You can find it at Rexall (goes on sale from time to time) or Amazon. I imagine its a Shoppers as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter