Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

I need to clean out my closet since I went shopping yesterday for summer clothes for our Azores trip. I figured I better grab stuff now before all the winter clothes come out.

:wave: Tuesday night and I'm doing the rounds on the Dis. I need a bit of down time and fun after a hard day at work.

Hope everyone is well.

I need to clean out my closet since I went shopping yesterday for summer clothes for our Azores trip. I figured I better grab stuff now before all the winter clothes come out.

I'm procrastinating, as usual. But I soooo need to do the same!

Busy weekend!

It was so busy that I am looking forward to heading back to work for a little quiet time! :rotfl:

Hey PiO!

Hey everyone!

Memorial Day weekend here in the States. Hubby and I "happen" to have today off; working at a camp, the usual "big" holidays don't count. We're finishing up my chicken coop and I hope to get some girls in there this weekend!

Weather is heating up, although it stays so dry that it's not oppressive like it is in FL. I'm going to visit my dad in August. That should be.....warm. :scared: Haven't booked anything yet but right now I'm planning to do a day at Epcot and spend one night while I'm over there. Feel like it's the one park I hardly really saw last October, due in large part to the Food & Wine madness.

Memorial Day weekend here in the States. Hubby and I "happen" to have today off; working at a camp, the usual "big" holidays don't count. We're finishing up my chicken coop and I hope to get some girls in there this weekend!

Memorial Day weekend? Wow! Time really flies.

Enjoy your day off. Is your chicken coop anything like the Hannah Montana one?? popcorn::

Weather is heating up, although it stays so dry that it's not oppressive like it is in FL. I'm going to visit my dad in August. That should be.....warm. :scared: Haven't booked anything yet but right now I'm planning to do a day at Epcot and spend one night while I'm over there. Feel like it's the one park I hardly really saw last October, due in large part to the Food & Wine madness.

Enjoy! Sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to.

That's what my DH used to say before he retired.:rotfl2:

I'm starting to think about changing my status to a "net spender"! The question is.....how much money is enough???!!!!!

I'm starting to think about changing my status to a "net spender"! The question is.....how much money is enough???!!!!!

I'm asking myself that question every day. I want to retire in March so bad, but it's so hard to decide how much money is enough.

I'm asking myself that question every day. I want to retire in March so bad, but it's so hard to decide how much money is enough.

I know.

I am trying to work on a 3 - 5 year plan. Just need to get DS through high school first.

I've scheduled such a big trip next year figuring I wouldn't be working. If I change my mind and continue working I may have to tone it down quite a bit.

We're probably going to have to cancel the EBPC based on news we got today. In March they told us that our investment was going to yield 47% of our original investment. The buyer took back their offer and put in a new one where we made 2.5% of our original investment. We are now back to square one on the investment as they are inviting offers. It is possible that we will not see any return on this investment. This is why these sorts of investments are no longer legal. We have until September until we lose everything. So much for that new car we thought about buying next month!

Oh I hope you don't have to cancel your PC cruise, it was one of our favorites. Maybe switch to the WBPC so you're close to home at the end.

I've scheduled such a big trip next year figuring I wouldn't be working. If I change my mind and continue working I may have to tone it down quite a bit.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I'm going to be working for at least the next 2 - 3 years.

We're probably going to have to cancel the EBPC based on news we got today. In March they told us that our investment was going to yield 47% of our original investment. The buyer took back their offer and put in a new one where we made 2.5% of our original investment. We are now back to square one on the investment as they are inviting offers. It is possible that we will not see any return on this investment. This is why these sorts of investments are no longer legal. We have until September until we lose everything. So much for that new car we thought about buying next month!

So sorry to read this. :hug:

Hope you work it out.

Oh I hope you don't have to cancel your PC cruise, it was one of our favorites. Maybe switch to the WBPC so you're close to home at the end.

So sorry to read this. :hug:

Hope you work it out.

Thanks. But the more I think about it, we're going to have to cancel. We owe $5,500 and that's from having booked on Day 1. If #1 were rented, we could justify it, but it's going to cost between $35-50K just to get it renovated. We have to completely redo the kitchen and all the smaller places have run about $20 and that's just with painting the kitchen. We were counting on the investment money to cover the renovation.

Even if we do get a viable offer on the property escrow will take 30 days and the PiF date is now less than 39 days away.

Maybe we can go to Disney world. At least that is mostly prepaid with DVC and APs already in hand.

One thing is for certain there will be more PC cruises in the future. Disney World would be a cheaper option for this year.

I've officially gone to the dark side and picked up an every other year Marriott week in Kauai, so we'll head there next year after my niece's high school graduation.

Last edited:
Alison - :hug: Hope it works out and that you get #1 finished!

Angela - Sounds like you're in for another great trip. So envious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter