Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

:wave:

Hope the Fogies are either staying warm or cool, depending on what your weather is doing.

One more work day this week for me and it's a long weekend! Monday....we are celebrating the Queen's birthday.

PIO, enjoy your long weekend. Are there local celebrations for the Queen's birthday?

Hope everyone else is staying dry and comfortable. Still waiting on an HVAC appointment for the upstairs A/C. Fortunately, the downstairs A/C works. And I can dress however I want, so short shorts and a tank top it is. The bonus is I scared away two folks who came to the door trying to sell me something! :thumbsup2

PIO, enjoy your long weekend. Are there local celebrations for the Queen's birthday?

Hope everyone else is staying dry and comfortable. Still waiting on an HVAC appointment for the upstairs A/C. Fortunately, the downstairs A/C works. And I can dress however I want, so short shorts and a tank top it is. The bonus is I scared away two folks who came to the door trying to sell me something! :thumbsup2

Stay cool! And I hope no one else knocks on your door!

No real celebrations for the Queen's birthday. But lots of people usually get nominated for awards.....Order of Australia, bravery decorations that sort of thing.

Friday morning here on the West coast! I have to work today. Hoping it's not as hot as it was earlier this week. Summer camp is in full swing and it's BUSY!! :scared:

I'm enjoying some peace and quiet, DS took both boys mini golfing and to laser tag.

We just saw 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at a classic restored Art Deco theater. The LA Conservancy puts these events on as fundraisers and a way to get new members.

I realized that I never saw the movie before!

Sounds fun Alison.

I was surprised to get an email today that one of the two days I waitlisted came through for the Grand CA in November.

Sounds fun Alison.

I was surprised to get an email today that one of the two days I waitlisted came through for the Grand CA in November.

Cool! I hope the other one comes through!

We're there Thursday night. I had waitlisted Wednesday but it didn't come through 7 days before so it wasn't meant to happen. There is a big 50th Anniversary party for Club 33 Thursday night so I hope that we can get in to our room before 5PM and relax before we go down for the party. I don't want to stay too late or have too many beverages because I want to do GotG at rope drop so I can go through the queue. I've only done it with FP. I'm hoping to do it on standby Friday morning. I've seen two of the six experiences, so maybe do it twice Thursday before we get our room and then two or three times Friday before we go home!

Cool! I hope the other one comes through!

We're there Thursday night. I had waitlisted Wednesday but it didn't come through 7 days before so it wasn't meant to happen. There is a big 50th Anniversary party for Club 33 Thursday night so I hope that we can get in to our room before 5PM and relax before we go down for the party. I don't want to stay too late or have too many beverages because I want to do GotG at rope drop so I can go through the queue. I've only done it with FP. I'm hoping to do it on standby Friday morning. I've seen two of the six experiences, so maybe do it twice Thursday before we get our room and then two or three times Friday before we go home!

Let us know how it is! We'll be up there in September, first time for any of us at CA. I'm going to be getting my AP soon, but it'll be the most basic one so that blacks out most of the summer (which I'm ok with since a) I'm busy, and b) I don't like big crowds! )

I think I had read somewhere that prior to this makeover, when it was ToT, it hadn't been randomized like the one in FL, but now it will be?

Let us know how it is!

I've been on it three times so far and it's great!

We'll be up there in September, first time for any of us at CA.

When in Sept? I've already got plans to be there on half a dozen days so far.

I think I had read somewhere that prior to this makeover, when it was ToT, it hadn't been randomized like the one in FL, but now it will be?

It may well have been randomized before, but now the randomization is amongst six songs from the movies. Each one is a slightly different scenario. I've seen two so far and hope to see maybe two more tomorrow and one or two Friday. I could possibly see them all, but I might end up repeating one or two, you just never know.

I've been on it three times so far and it's great!

When in Sept? I've already got plans to be there on half a dozen days so far.

Sometime during the last week; I have a hotel reservation for the 25th but that may change depending on DS15's school schedule (he only goes 4 days/week so I'd like to build his automatic "day off" into the trip so he doesn't miss more than needed).

It may well have been randomized before, but now the randomization is amongst six songs from the movies. Each one is a slightly different scenario. I've seen two so far and hope to see maybe two more tomorrow and one or two Friday. I could possibly see them all, but I might end up repeating one or two, you just never know.

What a neat idea! Sounds like it works well. Keeps people coming back for a possible different experience!

I doubt I'll make myself ride GotG, but I'll walk through the pre-show area. :)

You may want to wait for the line to go down. I've only done it with a FP so far because the line is usually at 90 minutes and I've seen it as long as 240 minutes opening weekend. I keep looking at the ap.

Yes I'll be waiting until it's a shorter line. DH & I will be down in November (all alone who hoo) and then back in April (may have peeps with us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter