Dis Pudding Club

After seeing oreo frosting on this very thread I had to give it a try...

SAM_0704.jpg

SAM_0705.jpg

DH thought they were my best ever cupcakes.

All these cupcakes look awesom!! :thumbsup2

Kenny, do you know what frosting Louise used on those cakes? It looks so creamy!When 'light' and gluten free are in the same sentence, it commands admiration and respect. Louise has really done herself proud!

Sapper, you have me drooling with those oreo cakes. I am closing this page before it's too late :rotfl:

All these cupcakes look awesom!! :thumbsup2

Kenny, do you know what frosting Louise used on those cakes? It looks so creamy!When 'light' and gluten free are in the same sentence, it commands admiration and respect. Louise has really done herself proud!

Sapper, you have me drooling with those oreo cakes. I am closing this page before it's too late :rotfl:

I'm sorry Lee I don't. But Louise did say in chat last night that she will be along to add the recipe to this thread - so hopefully that will include the frosting. :goodvibes

And Claire those Oreo cakes look gooood. I have been meaning to try and give them a go myself and you have just reminded me that I should het my finger out. :thumbsup2

Over the weekend we have been awash with cup cakes. Mrs Pegasus has been testing and perfecting a few recipes of her own ready for starting her own business on April 6th :goodvibes
Add to this that Louise (Buzz for Boys) came to visit and brought lots of her own recipe gluten free cup cakes - and 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts - and the weekend was off to a healthy start.
Having never tried GF cakes before I was quite interested to taste the difference. A couple of my friends had told me to be prepared as they are not like normal cakes - but I have to say (sorry if this embarrasses you Louise) that they were as light, fluffy and tasty as any other cake I had had, especially the red velvet one :goodvibes
She also brought along some that she had made from a recipe on a GF website, and some shop bought ones, so that we could taste for ourselves how they normally tasted. I have to say the shop ones left an after taste, almost like they had sucked all the moisture out of my mouth :scared1:
All in all to say that I was impressed is an understatement :goodvibes

These are the ones Louise made. The red velvet and the one with the stars on were the yummy ones
IMG_6119.jpg

And the Krispy Kremes
IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

I can assure you that is over the top praise for the cakes. They pass and are edible but nothing like Mrs pegasus cakes.
Lee I have not got round to typing the recipe out yet but I will do !!
Ill add asap!!

There are 2 types of frosting in the pic - normal buttercream and cream cheese frosting on the red velvet cakes! I will get round to typing up the frosting recipes too :goodvibes

And Claire those Oreo cakes look gooood. I have been meaning to try and give them a go myself and you have just reminded me that I should het my finger out. :thumbsup2

I think i'll add more oreo's to the frosting next time.

Its jacks birthday this week and hes put in orders for 2 cakes, a puffle cake for him to take to beavers and a choc one for his birthday, so heres the first one.....

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

Wow that is impressive. What sort of cake is underneath and how do you get it to that shape?
I bet DS loved it :goodvibes

its half choc sponge and half normal sponge, we used 2 bundt( sp?), tins and sandwiched them together with buttercream.

he loved it :lovestruc and when we went to pick him up from beavers half of them were smeared with red buttercream...lol :rotfl:

I love the puffle cake Terri. :thumbsup2

Sam can I ask a few questions, what do you make the characters with? Is it just coloured icing?

How far in advance can you make them, do they last a while?

Thanks. :flower3:

Sam can I ask a few questions, what do you make the characters with? Is it just coloured icing?

How far in advance can you make them, do they last a while?

Thanks. :flower3:

Claire they are made out of coloured fondant ( just the sort you buy in the supermarkets)

As long as you don't store them in an airtight container or leave them in a hot place they will last for weeks.

hope this helps:thumbsup2

Claire they are made out of coloured fondant ( just the sort you buy in the supermarkets)

As long as you don't store them in an airtight container or leave them in a hot place they will last for weeks.

hope this helps:thumbsup2

Thanks Sam. I would have definately put them in an airtight container. :lmao:

Wow Sarah I love Banoffee pie. Very lush :lovestruc

I have been busy making cookies this afternoon with my DD. They are meant to be Jessies Cowgirl hat however the lads in my house think they are hiliarious and we have made rude cookies - You Decide :lmao:

205643_1878271631009_1067814739_2183587_2516817_n.jpg

Louise xxx

I have been busy making cookies this afternoon with my DD. They are meant to be Jessies Cowgirl hat however the lads in my house think they are hiliarious and we have made rude cookies - You Decide :lmao:

Louise xxx

They look delish but I have to go with the rude vote!! :lmao:

Louise xxx

:lmao:

I can definitely see both sides of the argument :rolleyes1

They look delish but I have to go with the rude vote!! :lmao:

No! What is wrong with all you people with your minds in the sewer ;) The is a food thread. I think the boys are out of line Louise. They look like Jessie's hat to me :)

No! What is wrong with all you people with your minds in the sewer ;) The is a food thread. I think the boys are out of line Louise. They look like Jessie's had to me :)

Thank you Lee :goodvibes I have to say we are in the minority though as everyone else has had a good laugh at my lack of artistic talent. Keira however was well happy with her Jessie hats so Im happy x:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter