Discounts at Disney Restaurants??

Here is a list of the restaurants that are on the back of the $29.50 tickets:

Disney's All Star Resorts: End Zone Food Court, Intermission Food Court, World Premiere Food Court

Disney's Bonnett Creek Golf Club: Sand Trap Bar and Grill

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort: Old Port Royale Food Court

Disney's Contemporary Resort: Concourse Steak House, Chef Mickey's

Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas: ESPN Club, Spoodles

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort: The Pepper Market

Disney's Dixie Landings Resort: Colonel's Cotton Mill

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort: Trail's End Buffeteria

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Grand Floridian Cafe

Disney's Old Key West Resort: Olivia's Cafe

Disney's Polynesian Resort: Kona Cafe

Disney's Port Orleans Resort: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory

Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort: Yacht Club Galley

Disney's Wide World of Sports complex: The Official All Star Cafe

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Rainforest Cafe

Disney MGM Studios: The Hollywood Brown Derby, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Magic Kingdom Park: Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Teh Crystal Palace, Tony's Town Square Restaurant, The Plaza Restaurant

Epcot: Biergarten Restaurant, The Garden Grill Restaurant, Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Chefs de France Restaurant, Nine Dragons Restaurant, Restaurant Akershus, Resstaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room, San Angel Inn Restaurant, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Restaurant

They are disney issued? So I could probably call WDW DINE and they would tell me that they are accepted? I think that might make me feel better.
I think I am leary because I have never heard of these before yesterday. Are they brand new? I'm also not sure if they
will save me money because I rarely spend 60 for lunch... you know what I mean? We might, but to make it worth it we
would have to, right?

Thanks
Kristy

OK - they appear to be Disney Issued. In other words they have the Disney logo.

There is no reference to Connections on them.

I called WDW dine and the first CM I talked to had no idea what I was talking about.

I called back and the second CM said they are very common and I would have no trouble using them.

They do look very official.

I am looking foward to Pixie Dust Gal coming back in a few days and telling us how it went.

Maybe wait to hear what she says?

Personally I like the certificates because I like pre-paying for my vacation as much as I can -- my hotel is paid in advance, my park passes are pre-paid, my airline reservations are paid, and now most of my meals are pre-paid. Of course, I wouldn't do it if I felt I was getting ripped off. $10 for a counter meals, including drink and dessert, seems pretty fair considering what the cost of food is in the park. (My daughters will probably share one combo meal so I'll pay $30 for lunch for a family of 4. Not too bad considering it's an amusement park.)

On the other hand, $29.50 for a sit-down lunch seems quite steep to me. For a family of 4 we'd be spending in excess of $80. I'd rather do the counter service meals for lunch as save the extra dough for a nice dinner somewhere.

I thought this sounded like a great way to save money, but unfortunately it's only offered to Americans:(

We Canadians need all the help we can get too!;)

Thank you kpatches for the lunch list. I really appreciate that. Now I can make an "informed decision"

CJ, is there no family or friends in the US who would let you use their address to have them mailed to. They certainly aren't going to ask for your drivers license when you "cash them in" for lunch so all you need is a middle man.

Cheryl :bounce:

Do you think brunch would fit into this mix somewhere? Breakfast maybe?

Also, Suzykats has a Connections listed to join and earn points. Would this be the same Connections?

DH just signed up with connections thru suzykats (He was closer to cashing out so I made him sign up). It is one and the same. He was given an ID number immediately. I have already used the number to get into the site and decide what tickets and meal certificates that we want. You can order online or call them. DH has not actually gotten points from suzykats yet but it has only been a few days; we have never had problems getting points before.

My Points and Memolink rewards also have the offer for points to sign up for connections.

As A side note..... if you don't cancell your membership right away, they may send you a certificate to fill out for a $25.00 gas card, they did to me.

WDWO

Thanks kpatches, for listing the restaurants on the lunch certificates.
Is the Coral Reef not on there? This is the one restaurant DD really wants to go to and I thought it would be a great deal to use the certificates here for lunch. Could someone please confirm that Coral Reef is not included?
This is why I really wanted someone to list the restaurants. CS at Connections told me that EVERY restaurant in all the parks were included on these certificates. Does anyone else see any other restaurants that are not listed on at least one of the 3 different certificates?

"This is why I really wanted someone to list the restaurants. CS at Connections told me that EVERY restaurant in all the parks were included on these certificates. Does anyone else see any other restaurants that are not listed on at least one of the 3 different certificates?"

I can't answer that question but I see on the list that Chef Mickey's is listed on the lunch certificates and Chef Mickey's doesn't serve lunch - and I can not remember them every having lunch since they moved to the Contemporary.

Liz

We will not be going to WDW until 10/02. Do you think this offer will continue?
This is such a great offer, I'd hate to miss out! Thanks!

Can someone keep us up to date on the expiration dates that are appearing on the ones being sent out? Maybe the new ones ordered in July? I don't want to order too many-my dd can still eat a kids meal unless I can convince her to share but it would be great for ds who will have just turned 18-he's a bottomless pit.

He said they sound exactly like the ones they received for their meal vouchers on the band trip to Disney last year. They included a entree, drink, desert.

It's probably a way for Disney to get people to actually spend a little more than they probably would. I know I wouldn't bother with desert and we would probably share a soda or just have water, where if we buy these we may actually spend more $$!!! But if I can keep up on these expirations, I need to get some for July or Aug of 2002.

Why would the food courts be listed on both the quick and casual cert. for 10.50 and the sit-down lunch for 29.50? A lunch at the food courts would not cost anywhere near 29.50!!

Pooh kim - maybe Disney is hoping that someone is dumb enough to use them there??

I think that a lot of people are missing the point that these are DISNEY certificates, printed by disney, not connections.

Mousesavers.com has a great section on Connecitons now. She even lists the places where it would be worthwhile to use the sit down lunch ones.

I am buying one set only of the lunch ones because we will use more than that for our lunch at Marrakesh.

WDWO

I just wanted to say I can't believe I missed this post and have skipped over it so many times!! Thought I knew it all.... I just signed up for the connections123 through www.mousesavers.com

I had a couple of things to mention though... As for the sit down lunches being expensive... I plan on scheduling my sit down lunches at 4:30 - I think that is the last official seating for lunch isn't it??? There are some really good sit down deals such as Concourse Steakhouse & LeCellier... so, that's what I'm doing, I've got no problem eating a little early!!! The breakfasts wouldn't seem overly worth it unless you are doing a character breakfast.... (I'll schedule at 1900 Park Fare though) I just can't believe I've missed this!!

Oh, and by the way I was a member of connections a couple of years ago!! And even at that point they had MUCH better prices on the park hoppers!! I swear I never looked at meal vouchers though, somehow I missed those!

This program seems terrific!! I am definitely going to sign up, and most likely will keep it for the other benefits the membership has (especially the movie tickets since me and DH are big movie fans!)

Just one question, does anyone know how many plusses the 4 day park hopper pass has? Thanks to everyone for all of this great information on this post!

The four day hopper has one "plus" on it.
Quick question for anyone familiar with the sit down lunch certs. This may sound "cheesy" but - my sister and myself were thinking of ordering 2 of these certs and taking my kids out also. We were thinking of asking for a seperate bill for our drinks, and giving the kids our cert. sodas. Then the kids could have our apps as their meals, we would order entrees and all split the two desserts - being a waitress myself we would add on extra tip. Do you think we could get away with this? For $60 for 4 people it would be quite a deal.

Hi Frost5000, I don't think this would work out too well for you, a lot of those appetizers aren't really geared towards kids... I think what I'm planning on doing is getting one childs voucher, we have a 4 & 6 year old, and neither of them eat anything... I'll have to look at the actual menus to see if it's cost effective to get the kids voucher....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter