***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally finished ironing all my T-shirts and my Disney Mom bag ! :smooth:

And we're now down to single digits on our trip countdown ! :cool1:

Most of the shirts turned out pretty well. I used Avery light (for white) and dark (for colors) transfers, and ironed them on top of my dryer.

My very first shirt transfer (light) got yellowed a bit at one edge because I went over it too much with the iron when I thought it wasn't sticking. And all the white shirts ended up with a few little dark fuzzies in them - wish I had read the note about using a lint brush! I didn't see any fuzz on them prior to ironing.

My Disney Mom bag initially turned out great - though the light transfers aren't as clear as the dark ones, plus the texture on the bag made it slightly fuzzier as well. But I of course couldn't leave well enough alone, and decided to add two more smaller images, and in the process must have touched the design with the iron and smudged it a bit - not too bad, but a bummer.

I used Kate's "Walt Disney World" with block lettering and the characters on the back of the bag and on the back of DS's white shirt.

I used Denise's "4 Parks" design (I just added the names of the parks to it) on white shirts for me, DH, and DS.

I tweaked someone's (Kate's?) "Dreaming of a Disney Christmas" Pooh design, and also included some of Kate's Disney ornaments, on a red shirt for DS.

I used Kate's Santa Mickey MVMCP 2005 design on a green shirt for DS.

I made a custom MVMCP design on a lime green shirt for myself - meant to put Kate's "Snow Lumpy" design on the back, but miscalculated and ran out of transfers!

I put my Disney Mom design on a navy blue shirt too, with that cool 3-D Mickey head with the clouds (can't recall who designed that one) on the back.

And I made a Pluto shirt to replace an old one I had that I always called my "Lusty Dog" shirt - since Pluto's tongue was hanging out! :goodvibes

I also put a Chip & Dale clip onto the pocket of a long sleeve maroon T-shirt.

You can see photos of most of the shirts and bag at my photosite:
http://cheriepenguin.photosite.com/DisneyShirts/

Busy, Busy, Busy now trying to finish getting ready for the trip and the holidays - so I haven't been able to keep up much on the boards anymore.

Thanks for all the cool designs and ideas ! Maybe I'll run into a few of you while at WDW !

cheripenguin you shirts look great and so does the bag. Hope you all have a great trip. Make sure to take lots of pictures to share with us when you get home.

Wow!

I was gone for a little over a week and had 100+ pages to catch up!

I didn't take notes, and don't know where to start.

Denise - house looks great, kids look great, glad surgeries went well.

MissMissy - if you have anymore questions about bad pap - pre-cancerous, etc., send me a pm. I can answer questions about this and more.

Kate, Amy, Kevin, Alyssa, Nick and Julia - glad to know tonight was a big success. Hope you can make a lasting friendship out of this! Not sure what to call this - not really internet dating, but close.

We had a great trip! Everyone who had given me grief about matching t-shirts sure preened with all of the attention we received. When repeatedly asked where we got the t-shirts, everyone replied "we made them". Obviously this was a royal "we", because I don't remember anyone up tie-dying with me and DD, or ironing for an hour on end. Oh well, glad to know they were proud of them! I have packed them up into zippy bags for our trip next year. Have 3 already done, can think if we want to add any by then.

I think I saw one of the DDA designs on the TTA Tuesday, it was a large group, but I couldn't get close enough to ask them.

It's bedtime now, it took me almost 5 hours to get caught up, but glad all are feeling better now.

Tammi67 said:
I have a hair appt. Tues. and I am getting ready to go back to my natural darker color. I do the foiling thing. I have it highlighted to cover the gray, but then I always have to go in for a root job. I don't know which is worse. Every few months I come home with a different color. I either get bored being light and go darker, or I get bored being dark and go lighter. But I do find that the dark lightens drastically with me in about 3 wks.
Thanks! My DD says it makes me look younger... I dunno, I just hope it lightens some!

julia & nicks mom said:
Well I think game night was a HUGE success - final score

Julia - 1
Kevin - 1
the rest of us - 0

we were playing a 3rd game however Kevin and Julia both exhibited unsportsmanlike behavior and the game was suspended -

Kevin believed the answer on the card to be wrong and felt Julia was unfairly awarded 3 spaces - he continued in the game but wanted us to know it was under protest

shortly thereafter - Julia declared her 10 or so space lead was enough to declare herself the winner - (at the time Kevin was in 3rd place) so I will have say that the evening ended in a tie

Julia greeted Kevin at the door and said "You were talking trash to me Kevin!!!" :rotfl:

Alyssa and Nick slowly learned how to co-exist during the evening - Amy told Julia that as they got older we could have sleep overs - I turned to see Nick and Alyssa kissing and hugging :love: - so maybe no sleepovers!! :rotfl:

So fun! Sounds like you all had a blast!

WOW, Saturday night was an early night for everyone. Kate......the shirts look great as usual. The kids are adorable......was that a "potty seat" I saw Alyssa sitting on.....I mean I know she wasn't using the potty seat just sitting on it......I don't want the "poop patrol" to get on to me. Where did you purchase your Mickey plate?? I love it!!

Lynn

lmartin2711 said:
I just got home from the Wiggles and Dinner......called my brother to find out about BAMA and AUBURN......AAAGGGGHHHH!!!! I can't believe Auburn beat ya'll. I would have much rather gone against BAMA in the SEC than Auburn. I just can't stand having to go up against them again. I know you must be bummed out over it but ya'll really did have a great season and something to be proud of. Pleeeeease tell me you are pulling for the DAWGS over Auburn in the SEC.

by the way...........How was your Wiggles show?? Ours was great.....Haley and Jake had matching Wiggles shirts and loved it.

Lynn
Unless LSU loses to Arkansas next week (and they shouldn't), LSU will be playing Georgia in the championship. The only reason they "look" behind Auburn when you see the standings on TV is because Auburn has played one more game than us. Things will even out next week.

bengalbelle said:
It's game night. Julia (4?) is going against Kevin (30something?). Should be interesting. They've been trash talking all week :rotfl:

Doh -- I KNEW it was game night too!!!

my3princes said:
All 5 of us love this game. It is what we always play on game night. The kids like to play it when they have friends over because they know that no one can beat them. They are disney addicts just like mom and dad.

Tell me more -- is it a DVD game? And boys like it too? Is it about the movies or the parks???

julia & nicks mom said:
Of course game night would not have been complete without shirts - so I made the kids these shirts!

What GREAT shirts!!!!! And I love your plate! NO! You are NOT a dork!

itslisa said:
Tell me more -- is it a DVD game? And boys like it too? Is it about the movies or the parks???

Scene It came out a few years ago. It's DVD game with a board component. The original had clips from various movies, whereas the Disney one obviously has Disney clips (very recent and also Old Yeller, Apple Dumpling Gang, etc (older Disney movies). They also now have TV (both general and certain TV series) the WB, Turner Classic Movies, Music, Sports, etc.

As far as the board goes, you can get trivia questions (off of included cards), or 'My Play' or 'All Play'. My Play is a clip from a movie and a question that follows (on the TV screen). All Play are usually word puzzles, rebuses, "who's missing from this picture", "ID the movie from these pictures", etc.... no clips involved.
There are a few more rules towards the end, but that's the general idea :rotfl:

We bought Scene It for my BIL a few years ago, and the entire family LOVES it! I think between a few of us we have about 6 of them.

www.sceneit.com is the website :)

my3princes said:
Here is a photo of the brown bear costume

The second photo if of the mittens and shoe covers that goes with it. I also have a Pooh costume, but I think that is size 4-5.
I think that if you click on the photo it will link to a larger photo. I'm experimenting with adding my photos using the link under the smilies.
Deb

Deb -- those are fantastic! Thanks for the pictures -- that helps me with ideas for who to do one for Jake.

Well, another day in the never-ending saga.....

I have too much to do to chat (have I said that before? :rotfl2: )

Yell if I'm on here for more than a minute or two today!!!! DH is putting stuff away all day (supposedly;)) so I can cram for two exams... and I haven't had time to read for class in over a week! : :headache:

marcij said:
And as for shoes, what do I do? I pictured him in "bear" feet
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

What about thos big slippers they sell? Maybe there are bear ones?

KMH1 said:
UNSPORTSMANLIKE!?!?!?

Is requiring that trivia questions actually contain the correct answers unsportsmanlike? --Kevin

OK ... I have GOT to know ... what was the question? And what was the given answer?

julia & nicks mom said:
Oh - and I think Julia might have a little crush on Kevin - when she got her Christmas dress this week - she asked if she could show it off at game night - when I said yes - her answer was "Kevin will think I look so pretty!!!"

A LITTLE crush? Ya think?????? :lovestruc

lmartin2711 said:
The kids are adorable......was that a "potty seat" I saw Alyssa sitting on.....I mean I know she wasn't using the potty seat just sitting on it......I don't want the "poop patrol" to get on to me.

Lynn

LOL! No, that's her travel booster seat. :teeth:

Amy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter