Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the one in Warrington, Pa? The same exact thing happened to that Gander Mountain!

Yep! That's the one. I never even stepped foot into it since it's not in my normal travels, I only get over that way every few months. I was in the area and thought I'd stop in if I had time and as I drove by saw the signs. So never bothered going back for it :)

Anyone go to a Sam's Club that's closing and notice if the gift cards are on sale any more than they already are? A news article I read said everything a store closing nearby is 25% off except electronics and tobacco. I don't have a membership but my mom does and was wondering if I should meet her there at the store about 20 minutes away.

Bunch of Sams Clubs closed abruptly today! Now I need to drive 25 miles to get my Disney GCs to use Discover. Even without Discover, I would buy WalMart GCs with my Disney Visa and get 2% back. Then I would buy Disney GCs with the Walmart ones at Sams for another 4% discount.

Does Costco sell Disney GCs?
Just order online from Sam's Club.

Anyone go to a Sam's Club that's closing and notice if the gift cards are on sale any more than they already are? A news article I read said everything a store closing nearby is 25% off except electronics and tobacco. I don't have a membership but my mom does and was wondering if I should meet her there at the store about 20 minutes away.
I would say it’s not very likely at all. The discounts are there to sell through inventory that isn’t easily moved to their other locations. They don’t pay anything for the gift card until it’s activated so there is no loss to them if they were to just throw the plastic away.

For those with Sam’s Club memberships, you can get a free 3-month extension of your membership by following the instructions at the following page. It seems this is a promotion in response to the recently announced store closures (as it gives you the option to request a refund of your membership fee as well) but it is not limited to people affected by the closures.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/best-deals/update.html?mobiledetect=false

Went in to Target yesterday to pick up another gift card and went ahead and used all 6 of my Target gift cards with access codes for it :faint: I was off work and went in the middle of the day, so at least I wasn't holding anyone up. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper so I could just read them off to the cashier all in a row. I asked the cashier about combining them and she said that if I had the hard copy gift cards she could combine them, but that she didn't know of a way to do it off of the app. YMMV on that though.

In good news, I am now up to $500 in Disney gift cards that I haven't paid a single CENT for!!

For those with Sam’s Club memberships, you can get a free 3-month extension of your membership by following the instructions at the following page. It seems this is a promotion in response to the recently announced store closures (as it gives you the option to request a refund of your membership fee as well) but it is not limited to people affected by the closures.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/html/best-deals/update.html?mobiledetect=false

It says at the bottom it is only for people affected by the closures.

The offer for three month extension of membership and requests for refunds through this site apply only to members in closing clubs. Upon submitting your request you will receive a confirmation email that we are processing your request. If the home address we have on file for you is not associated with a closing club you will be notified with a second e-mail in 3-5 business days with further instruction

It says at the bottom it is only for people affected by the closures.

The offer for three month extension of membership and requests for refunds through this site apply only to members in closing clubs. Upon submitting your request you will receive a confirmation email that we are processing your request. If the home address we have on file for you is not associated with a closing club you will be notified with a second e-mail in 3-5 business days with further instruction

I just saw that too. A lot of people on the following discussion group report getting the extension regardless of whether their local club is closing. Maybe that matters more if you request a refund? After all, what good is a three month extension if there is no club near you?
https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/11150615

Hey For those of you who have a shoprite in your area- (this is posted over in the credit card thread) Chasepay is running a 10x points for up to $400 thru Feb 2..... I belive it's for FR,and Sapphire reserve cards (be sure you FR quarterly cat. is activated)I stopped at my local Shoprite twice,with mixed result lol- first stop I bought a Dis gc for $250,no problem. 2nd time, I had a cashier who didn't run the chasepay app thru right,had to cancel, then apparently my store might have a gc amount limit if paying with a cc (I had a total of $350) and it got denied at register as too much...after which the fraud dept. was alerted and we had to call to unlock the acct later(sigh) anyway YMMV if your store takes cc for gc, but it's a good deal if you can get it.

Question.....I haven't had a disney trip in 2.5 years (isn't that sad?) and I couldn't remember something. Is there another way to save more than the 5% by buying a Disney GC with my Red card?

Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can use to pay for your room? I tried searching the archives but there were just too many threads coming up and it was hard to sift through. Thanks all!

I Had a weird issue at Kroger today. Yesterday I bought three $100 visa gift cards. I went today to use those to buy one $300 Disney gift card at self checkout. I used the first two visa gift cards with no problem. When I swiped the third one it called for help! The lady asked to see my license and wasn’t really sure what was going on. She fixed it and I used the third visa. This has never happened before but I may not put > $200 on a Disney gift card at Kroger just to avoid the hassle.

According to DoC gift cards are excluded.

FYI - the Best Buy $10 certificates from the December offer for in store pickup are hitting the inbox. Be on the lookout.

Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can use to pay for your room? I tried searching the archives but there were just too many threads coming up and it was hard to sift through. Thanks all!
I’ve never heard anyone report a limit.

However, to make things easier for yourself and whoever is processing the payment, I’d strongly suggest you combine your gift cards on disneygiftcard.com (note that the maximum end balance is $1000 per card).

I just started using Ibotta. My rewards will be deposited into my PayPal account. Is there any way for me to get discounted Disney GCs? I don't belong to Sams, BJ's, etc.

Question.....I haven't had a disney trip in 2.5 years (isn't that sad?) and I couldn't remember something. Is there another way to save more than the 5% by buying a Disney GC with my Red card?
There are a lot of ways. You should read back a few pages to see how people are combining credit card rewards with purchases at different stores, gas rewards, bonus GC offers and the like to get bigger savings on their Disney GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter