• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Resorts Reopening

My Disney travel agent told me that Disney will move guests to a resort of equal value if the one originally booked isn’t open... 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for the update...though I'm not sure even the agents know as I have not heard one word from Disney either via email or text telling me what's happening with our reservation for 7/07 - 7/18. All I see is that they've deleted all our FP+'s and ADR's for ALL the days on our reservations (even those with dates for when the parks are supposed to be open), but nothing regarding whether we should even plan on arriving then or wait until the 11th, or what. Haven't even received an offer to change our reservation so kind of getting the feeling Disney doesn't care about the lower rung of us. And yes, I'll grant them leeway the first couple of days trying to figure out what to do with everyone's reservations or not having their system up and running...but a week? No, Disney is really dropping the ball on this one fast, and going to be losing a lot of long time guests as the lack of information is really disturbing.

My TA did not have any info to give me yet or maybe she isn't allowed. She said they are having a meeting in a few days and should find out more.

I'm wondering at the wording. It says dvc resorts open to member and GUESTS. Could that be construed as everyone with reservations will be moved to a dvc resort?
It just meant if you have a cash reservation at a DVC resort during that period in June up until opening, you can still go. We did, but not going. As long as they’re open to a DVC, they might as well get the revenue of cash guests as well. It really says nothing about what resorts will be open starting July 11 or where anyone might get moved. They’re also opening FW cabins and campground during that phase, but doesn’t mean it’s an option for relocating either.

Thanks for the update...though I'm not sure even the agents know as I have not heard one word from Disney either via email or text telling me what's happening with our reservation for 7/07 - 7/18. All I see is that they've deleted all our FP+'s and ADR's for ALL the days on our reservations (even those with dates for when the parks are supposed to be open), but nothing regarding whether we should even plan on arriving then or wait until the 11th, or what. Haven't even received an offer to change our reservation so kind of getting the feeling Disney doesn't care about the lower rung of us. And yes, I'll grant them leeway the first couple of days trying to figure out what to do with everyone's reservations or not having their system up and running...but a week? No, Disney is really dropping the ball on this one fast, and going to be losing a lot of long time guests as the lack of information is really disturbing.
Since they aren’t open at the beginning of your stay, most likely they’re going to cancel your reservation if they follow past procedures. You should be able to modify at some point, who knows when that will be. But without modifications, you’d be cancelled for the entire stay I would think.

I don’t think we’re going to hear anything about resorts for at least a couple of weeks. They’ve got thousands of reservations to start working on for a valid stay after opening and they don’t have the new system up and running yet.

It’s really frustrating, but just one more thing to deal with if you’re going when they first open.

I get how your feeling I would be so frustrated but do remember they have thousands of reservations to go through among thousands of other things to do to prepare for opening, they will let us all know as soon as they know, I'm sure they need our money. I myself am extremely restless about this but trying to have patience. I certainly dont envy anyone's job at disney next several months

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I do understand there is a LOT to coordinate from Disney's end, but it is frustrating as even a simple email would be better than nothing for those of us that need to change flights, etc. Even something as trite as,
"Thank you for being a valued guest of the Walt Disney World Resort. In this unprecedented time, we really appreciate your patience as we work to re-open the magic for our guests. We notice you have a reservation that is currently scheduled for arrival prior to our scheduled opening dates for your resort. We understand the amount of time you have spent in planning and preparing for your vacation here at WDW and would like to assure you that while we will not be able to accommodate you for your current reservation, we are working hard to accommodate all of our guests as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile, we would like to offer you a little magic for rescheduling your reservation for a future date by using the following code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Please mention or use this code when the reservation systems open back up if you would like to reschedule your arrival. You current reservation will automatically cancel on the day you are scheduled to arrive if no accommodations become available for your dates."​
Like I said, even a little acknowledgment would be better than the sound of silence. But yes, can't imagine being a CM in the parks or resorts the first couple of months they are open...dealing with guests with masks on is going to take a lot of patience. My thoughts are mostly with them as I have very little sympathy or compassion for Disney Corporate.

We are scheduled to stay at AKL Jambo House July 7-14. I received an email from Disney that the dining from my reservation was being removed and I would receive 35% off the resort portion of the package. (I had booked the free dining back in January). The CM I spoke to did not know if AKL Jambo would be open July 7. I hope we find out details soon.

We are scheduled to stay at AKL Jambo House July 7-14. I received an email from Disney that the dining from my reservation was being removed and I would receive 35% off the resort portion of the package. (I had booked the free dining back in January). The CM I spoke to did not know if AKL Jambo would be open July 7. I hope we find out details soon.
Interesting. After all of my ADR's disappeared over the past week (and weekend), I just received my first email about 30 minutes regarding one of my dining reservations being cancelled...except in my case, even though I booked free dining back in January and PAID to upgrade to the regular DDP, I did NOT receive any discount for a future resort package. But then again, I only booked at ASMu, so I'm guessing Disney doesn't value my business as much as others. But don't get me wrong, I would book at a deluxe resort in a heartbeat and have no ill-will or snide comment against those who do, it's just how Disney Corporate is treating the different "levels" of guests.

Interesting. After all of my ADR's disappeared over the past week (and weekend), I just received my first email about 30 minutes regarding one of my dining reservations being cancelled...except in my case, even though I booked free dining back in January and PAID to upgrade to the regular DDP, I did NOT receive any discount for a future resort package. But then again, I only booked at ASMu, so I'm guessing Disney doesn't value my business as much as others. But don't get me wrong, I would book at a deluxe resort in a heartbeat and have no ill-will or snide comment against those who do, it's just how Disney Corporate is treating the different "levels" of guests.

I would call them. My guess is that because you paid for the upgrade, there might be something in the system that kept it from being flagged as a "free dining" reservation to send out the 35% offer. I don't think it's because you were at ASMu; I think it's because Disney's IT is problematic at the best of times (and these are not even close to the best of times).

DVC member here. Just to clarify, Disney can only move you to a DVC resort if it is part of the small percentage of the rooms in each resort that Disney actually owns. DVC members own the majority of rooms at the resorts, and they are not available for Disney to use. Also, the DVC resorts are going to be heavily booked for the next two years because owners have been shut out since March, and because Disney is extending the deadline for banked points expiration. So if you are looking to rent DVC, that might be possible, but jump on it right away. The same for securing a DVC room through Disney. Do that ASAP if that's what you're thinking about.

Within 60 days of check in, Disney can secure any DVC rooms not booked on points and offer them for cash. Money goes back to members as breakage,

So, IF Disney needed to move guests from a closed resort, and iIF they decided to use a DVC resort, any room not reserved between now and August 1st is eligible for Disney to use for any cash guest,

Disney can also estimate and pull rooms early. All legal ways per our POS.

I'm wondering at the wording. It says dvc resorts open to member and GUESTS. Could that be construed as everyone with reservations will be moved to a dvc resort?

A guest is simply any person who doesn’t own and booked, either using points are cash.

Wait what??? they are just canceling ppl who are booked at resorts that are not going to open?? Thats some BS! How is that fair if youve had it booked for a damn year and then its just canceled instead of contacting and letting us change it to what ever is open??
That was a phone CM. They're notorious for knowing absolutely nothing yet acting like they do. I would not be concerned with that at all right now until we start to hear it from virtually anyone else more reliable.

Does anyone know or have an idea if the pools will be fully open at the resorts?

When DVC resorts open on June 22nd, it does say that a pool will be available, I have been told that initially it will only be the DVC pools and not any of the pools associated with the hotel side of the resort.

So, something will be open, but most likely, the larger pools on hotel sides of resorts may not open until later

Confirmation won’t happen until people actually get there

When DVC resorts open on June 22nd, it does say that a pool will be available, I have been told that initially it will only be the DVC pools and not any of the pools associated with the hotel side of the resort.

So, something will be open, but most likely, the larger pools on hotel sides of resorts may not open until later

Confirmation won’t happen until people actually get there
Assuming that ME is running, won't they have to tell people if they are potentially moving because of luggage transfers?

Assuming that ME is running, won't they have to tell people if they are potentially moving because of luggage transfers?

I assume that if Disney decides to change a guests resort due to closure, they would either have enough time to get them new tags,,guest would have to contact ME..or, they can just cross out and put new resort, but leave bar code alone,

From my understanding, it is the bar code that tells them to where to go and since ME is tied to a reservation, when that resort changes, those tags update,

I have changed my DVC room after getting tags, and never had a problem doing it that way!

I assume that if Disney decides to change a guests resort due to closure, they would either have enough time to get them new tags,,guest would have to contact ME..or, they can just cross out and put new resort, but leave bar code alone,

From my understanding, it is the bar code that tells them to where to go and since ME is tied to a reservation, when that resort changes, those tags update,

I have changed my DVC room after getting tags, and never had a problem doing it that way!
I haven't used ME before--this will be my first time. I'm used to cruising and the tag is tied to the deck and stateroom. Thanks for clearing it up!

I haven't used ME before--this will be my first time. I'm used to cruising and the tag is tied to the deck and stateroom. Thanks for clearing it up!

And, if you were worried, you can always stop at the ME desk in the airport and give them your luggage tags from the airlines...if a guest doesn’t get the yellow tags in time, this is what one can do,

Be sure to take picture of them before giving them up, just in case you need them because the airline misplaces them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter