Disney Resorts will start charging for parking?

I cannot figure this one out. For us, driving our own car doesn’t mean we will leave property. If we stay on we won’t leave the Disney bubble.

We are driving to WDW this fall. It’s just easier than flying with 3 kids and I want my car to be able to leave the park when I want to leave. We will eat breakfast at hotel no matter where we stay. I plan to eat lunch, dinner, and snacks at the parks & resorts. There’s so many fun options.
But, we are staying off property in the fall. I found a resort with no parking or resort fees. The fact is even with parking and resort fees at off-site properties and parking fee at the parks, it’s still less expensive than staying on. Disney resorts are more expensive compared to their off property counterparts, with the exception of the deluxe’s compares to the Four Seasons nearby.

Disney report room rates have steadily been increasing in recent years. Taxhing on a parking fee just adds to that cost.

The parking fee should have been built into the cost of the room. Surely, the transportation costs are. Or, a transportation fee should be charged for everyone. Why should I pay for using my own transportation around the world, but other guests use the shuttles for “free”?

FL residents, who likely drive to WDW, are harmed. Why upset your nearest market segment?

For families who have tight vacation budgets, the fee just adds one more cost and will likely discourage them from staying on property and being able to enjoy being in the Disney bubble.

There’s not a land shortage to accommodate parking lots. This isn’t Manhattan or San Fran.

The only possible reason I can think of is to decrease demand for rooms. Disney seems to have no problem filling their rooms, so perhaps they are trying to decrease demand? But that seems ridiculous because with increased demand comes the ability to increase prices. I feel a parking fee much more than a room rate increase because a parking fee is just so “in your face” as a “money grab.”

Perhaps a previous person was spot on and this is a prelude to a fee for the magical express (the DCL shuttle carries a fee, as does parking at the cruise terminal).

I could justify the high price of staying on property for the “perks”. With one less perk, I just can’t get behind it. So we will try staying off for the first time. Having a 2-bedroom condo with a screened porch and full kitchen will be heaven compared to being in a single room. We’ll see how being outside the bubble feels for our overall experience!

I've found some hotels (near the Disney Springs side) with no resort fees and no parking fees as well. I feel like Disney is just deciding to keep half their buildings dark while their most frequent visitors find cheaper places to sleep. Whatever man. Just makes it easier and cheaper for us to eat off property as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter