Disney World needs to reopen and STAY OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you? Please stay far, far away from me everybody not living in your household.
All I need is a name and address to allow me to stay away from you, that would be no problem. As for the rest of the world I’ll let them speak for themselves. Again many of you want to wear masks, not go out stay away from others I respect your right to do that. I will never understand that respect not being reciprocated. I am not harming you in any way, and you behave as if I have offended you in the deepest mean spirited way.

If you don’t want to be around people that think like I do we are easy to pick out, you can see our faces.

I too work in the medical field and have a few hours in virology as well as epidemiology as those courses are in the first few years of medical school. I too attend many hours of continuing education to keep my license to practice current. I don’t use Wikipedia for my info, I am old enough to have medical text books in my library. As you can see there is not consensus among medical professionals and scientists on how this should or should not be handled, or even how it is going. The next few weeks to months are going to tell the story of how this reopening is going to go down in history. If this virus is attenuating and the death tolls and ICU stays don’t spike along with the increase in infections. Then that’s when I say it was handled well. I do believe that is what is going to happen. But I have been wrong and am open to the prospect that I maybe wrong again. This is the path my education and history points my opinion to favor. We are dealing with a biological in a biological system, so there is variation mutation, drift and shift of virulence that is difficult to account for.

God bless and be well.

Can you tell us why health experts didn't recommend non symptomatic people wear masks decades ago to prevent the flu and other airborne viruses? They could have saved millions of lives. Surely they knew the power of the mask in virus disease prevention before January, didn't they? Just in early March both Fauci and our surgeon general said the mask wouldn't be a good idea for the general public. Wasn't that uneducated and irresponsible to say that early on in the pandemic?

Can you tell us why health experts didn't recommend non symptomatic people wear masks decades ago to prevent the flu and other airborne viruses? They could have saved millions of lives. Surely they knew the power of the mask in virus disease prevention before January, didn't they? Just in early March both Fauci and our surgeon general said the mask wouldn't be a good idea for the general public. Wasn't that uneducated and irresponsible to say that early on in the pandemic?
The difference is the flu, while it can kill people, is treatable and has a vaccine. COVID 19 can kill and permanently injure people, has no treatment (although they're gaining on that) and no vaccine. It's a bug that no one has had before and is spreading like wildfire whenever possible. A mask, small preventive that it may be is better than nothing.

I believe the reasoning behind the "mask isn't a good idea for general public" thought happened early on due to the shortages in the health care field for such supplies and they wanted to insure that hospitals and first responders had first crack at them.

The difference is the flu, while it can kill people, is treatable and has a vaccine. COVID 19 can kill and permanently injure people, has no treatment (although they're gaining on that) and no vaccine. It's a bug that no one has had before and is spreading like wildfire whenever possible. A mask, small preventive that it may be is better than nothing.

I believe the reasoning behind the "mask isn't a good idea for general public" thought happened early on due to the shortages in the health care field for such supplies and they wanted to insure that hospitals and first responders had first crack at them.

But the flu vaccine is only 55% effective in preventing the flu. Masks could help those who do not get the protection from the flu shot, or cannot take the flu shot for health reasons. Masks could have been used a long time ago to prevent millions of flu and other viral infections. Did you know there are thousands of viruses out there that are not even identified? My daughter was in the hospital with a virus for 4 days, and the doctors could not put a name to it. Masks could have prevented her from getting that virus.

As for Fauci and the surgeon general lying to the public by stating the masks would not help in the spread (and they did go on about how it causes people to touch their faces more, etc.) shame on them for blatantly lying. What else have they lied to us about?

But the flu vaccine is only 55% effective in preventing the flu.
Some years. Other years it's more effective. The reason being that they have to guess a year out what strains are going to be the dominate ones a year from now. And create the vaccine for those strains. They can only put 3 or 4 strains in the vaccine, not all strains. If they guess wrong, which they can, the effectiveness is low, if they guess right it's higher. But, even if they guess wrong, any vaccine is better than no vaccine.

All I need is a name and address to allow me to stay away from you, that would be no problem. As for the rest of the world I’ll let them speak for themselves. Again many of you want to wear masks, not go out stay away from others I respect your right to do that. I will never understand that respect not being reciprocated. I am not harming you in any way, and you behave as if I have offended you in the deepest mean spirited way.

If you don’t want to be around people that think like I do we are easy to pick out, you can see our faces.

Come on...really? I thought you were kind of backing down on this rhetoric. Are you truly a medical professional who is proclaiming (against the guidance of the C.D.C) that masks are "mandatory". Seriously...are you a practicing physician?

All I need is a name and address to allow me to stay away from you, that would be no problem.
You do not need my address.
As for the rest of the world I’ll let them speak for themselves.
no need. Please stay away from every individual who has no knowledge of your health of input into your daily life. That's reciprocity.
Again many of you want to wear masks, not go out stay away from others I respect your right to do that. I will never understand that respect not being reciprocated
Our being proactive is not free license for others to be inconsiderate.
I am not harming you in any way,
Proof?
But the flu vaccine is only 55% effective in preventing the flu
But the non-existent COVID vaccine is 0% effective in preventing, well, anything.

Come on...really? I thought you were kind of backing down on this rhetoric. Are you truly a medical professional who is proclaiming (against the guidance of the C.D.C) that masks are "mandatory". Seriously...are you a practicing physician?
Yes and yes.not rhetoric I said we would agree to disagree.

You do not need my address.

no need. Please stay away from every individual who has no knowledge of your health of input into your daily life. That's reciprocity.

Our being proactive is not free license for others to be inconsiderate.

Proof?

But the non-existent COVID vaccine is 0% effective in preventing, well, anything.
I don’t have to prove anything to you
Didn’t want your address was said tongue in cheek
Don’t understand statement “knowledge of your health of input”?
Don’t see how I’m being inconsiderate. We could talk about types of masks and there ability to filter particles and how long they are good for and how humidity changes each materials wicking effect. And that even n95 masks are good for 4 hours before they allow viral particles to wick so in high demand situationS they should be changed every 3 hours. But I don’t want to frighten you any more than you already are. So wear your mask and feel safe, when you get Covid as most of us will have the peace in knowing odds are overwhelmingly in your favor to make a full recover. As I believe we are reaching a level of general population immunity.

What is the treatment for the flu, besides supportive care and you forgot influenzas are deadly to youngest populations as well as our older ones. Flu vaccines are not always great protection from different strains of influenza.

You know why it is Covid 19? There were 18 strains we know about before this one. This has been pretty virulent in certain populations there is no doubt. Other populations it has been little to nothing. There is more than one way to inoculate a population, natural immunity is one of those and has been effective prior to modern medicine.

As for the not enough ppe for the general public that is a red herring as everyone has their stylish home made masks. I’ve seen patients with crocheted masks shear scarfs gapping in every direction imaginable. They felt protected, they weren’t.

What is the treatment for the flu, besides supportive care and you forgot influenzas are deadly to youngest populations as well as our older ones. Flu vaccines are not always great protection from different strains of influenza.

You know why it is Covid 19? There were 18 strains we know about before this one. This has been pretty virulent in certain populations there is no doubt. Other populations it has been little to nothing. There is more than one way to inoculate a population, natural immunity is one of those and has been effective prior to modern medicine.

As for the not enough ppe for the general public that is a red herring as everyone has their stylish home made masks. I’ve seen patients with crocheted masks shear scarfs gapping in every direction imaginable. They felt protected, they weren’t.
It is called COVID-19 because it was discovered in 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#:~:text=The new name of this,2019-nCoV”.

There is no way that she is in the medical field. She tossed that out earlier to try and give her opinion some weight. I know a lot of people in the field and have yet to meet one that blows off the CDC's guidelines. And no practicing physician is out there saying things like "we are easy to pick out, you can see our faces." If they were the medical community would rain down on them for their negligence. Not to mention these types of people are violating the very Hippocratic Oath they have sworn on.

So ya... not in the medical field unless she is a secretary for a doctors office.

The reality is that we cannot keep the world shut down forever.
Wouldn't have to if everyone had worked together earlier. If everyone had locked down to break the chain.

I'm quite sure that everyone posting here knows that the United States is having a challenging time, just as the UK did, and Italy, and Sweden.
There is a huge difference in the handling of it by the respective governments

We get to enjoy FREEDOM, because we care about QUALITY of life and have INTELLIGENCE to question our government.
Oh I forgot that America, the land where if you can't afford medical treatment you will die, with the highest levels of incarceration, is the only land with freedom.

States literally had PPE stolen out from under them by the federal government, in case you've forgotten that gem. Hard to be prepared when the supplies you ordered to BE prepared were stolen.
Yeah and dont forget that USA stole from Germany, literally intercepted and stole masks that Getmany had already paid for.

But the flu vaccine is only 55% effective in preventing the flu. Masks could help those who do not get the protection from the flu shot, or cannot take the flu shot for health reasons. Masks could have been used a long time ago to prevent millions of flu and other viral infections. Did you know there are thousands of viruses out there that are not even identified? My daughter was in the hospital with a virus for 4 days, and the doctors could not put a name to it. Masks could have prevented her from getting that virus.

As for Fauci and the surgeon general lying to the public by stating the masks would not help in the spread (and they did go on about how it causes people to touch their faces more, etc.) shame on them for blatantly lying. What else have they lied to us about?
In some countries wearing masks in public spaces is the norm.

Last edited:
Disagreeing with something doesn’t make it fact either. I’m open to the idea I maybe wrong are you?
I'm open to being wrong. Masks and social distancing reduce the chance of catching anything contagious. I may well continue to wear masks even after a vaccine (which I will get, along with, by the time one is developed, the shingles vaccine).
Flu vaccine are more effective than non-existent vaccines.
As for the not enough ppe for the general public that is a red herring as everyone has their stylish home made masks.
"Stylish" masks - more accurately homemade masks - have never been considered even approaching PPE. Homemade masks primarily prevent one's own droplets from spreading.
I’ve seen patients with crocheted masks shear scarfs gapping in every direction imaginable.
You can't fix stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter